Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-02, 10:45 AM  
melanie A

I come here for motivation. Being able to check-in each week with a wonderful group of ladies really keeps me motivated!! It helps to know that I will have to account for my actions each week.

I also come here to get the inside scoop on new video releases!!

Melanie
Old 10-20-02, 03:36 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Why am I here?

I come here because I feel as if it's a real place, even though it's virtual. And I think that this "realness" is one reason that it has managed to maintain a generally higher standard in terms of civility and respect for others. People seem to think that they can say whatever they like on some internet boards, no matter how hurtful or untrue, and I think that it's because they don't think of the community or the individuals as real. These people couldn't remain employed if their off-internet behavior were anything like their internet behavior.

I also come here to see great cat pictures and read about exercise videos and new equipment that I'm going to buy even though I don't really need it.

I'm also thinking about reading that motivation thread
Mollie F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-02, 07:43 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

Cool Re: Motivation....

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol L

Suzette--please come join the Cardio Cross Trainer checkin! Try us--you'll like us!
Thank you Carol! I will definitely post next week as I am off and running with my workouts for this week. I did one today so I wouldn't look like a weasel.

Now if I could just stop looking at that dancing banana. . . .

So lush, so beautiful, so rhythmically challenged. . .
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-02, 07:50 PM  
Motivatedbusymo
VF Supporter

Re: I have to disagree...

Quote:
Originally posted by Caroline Kim
...about the bananas, that is (just trying to be controversial). I hate bananas, but I love VF!
Ha! I was thinking the same thing... I only like bananas in banana bread or when they are very unripe (try green ).

All the reasons why I come to VF have been mentionned... I think the major one though is that this is the only forum I have found where ALL forms of physical activity are discussed (from yoga to super intense cardio), and usually for the purpose of overall well being vs "esthetical value". Even though I haven't been actively involved in this community for long, I feel very welcome among the... huhum... "old timers" shall I say??
Old 10-21-02, 05:13 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Re: Why am I here?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mollie F.
I also come here to see great cat pictures and read about exercise videos and new equipment that I'm going to buy even though I don't really need it.

I'm also thinking about reading that motivation thread
Mollie,

I have a cat picure for you. We ordered a shortwave radio online in preparation for our trip to Spain and found that the company's site had Customers' Cats pages.

We of course entered our glamorous Weegee:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catdir/cuscat46.html
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-02, 12:16 PM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Very nice, Sharon!

And Weegee too, of course. I need to get a picture of Ava up--the problem with all-clack cats is they tend not to photograph well, even though in person they are gorgeous
Mollie F. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf love