Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-24, 01:32 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey girls!!
I am really loving Caroline's Epic III series!

Today was a wicked good workout. Today was Day 21 Summit Leg Day Pyramid workout.
This was tough but it was nice that we only use ONE dumbell, 2 different weights. CG used 55 and 33lbs. I used 50 and 30. Nice to only have to hold one weight.
The pace is slower, the reps add up!!

The Pyramid part was not changing weights but going up and down the ladder for time.
20/40/60/40/20 seconds of work. All different types of squats (using heavy) and lunges (lighter) and just a few single leg deadlifts. Crapola!

But dang! I LOVE THE CHALLENGE! I feel like I'm coming out of my funk.

Happy Thursday!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-24, 12:00 AM  
fatkat555

Hello, ladies!

I missed a few days because we were preparing pipes for the cold. Our lowest temp was 17. We have another round of cold coming in this weekend and it should be smooth sailing after that. We need to make some minor adjustments on the north side of the house. The plastic we put up immediately fell in the wind so we’re going to put tarps up tomorrow instead.

Going up and down the ladder to wrap pipes did a number on me and I’ve developed sciatica and plantar fasciitis, a mild case I think. I’ve been doing Rodney Yee yoga and foam rolling. I definitely am really tight so I’m going to focus on yoga/stretching as this heals.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-24, 09:30 AM  
fatkat555

I did a no impact workout last night called Pumping Rubber. I acquired it off eBay and thought I’d give it a try. The shoulder work in it was worth it. Poor production value, but class-act instruction from Keli Roberts. The audio was echoey. This clocked it at 30 minutes. I will definitely do this one again.

Hope all is well, ladies! Have a great weekend!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 01-22-24, 10:28 AM  
Jules

Fighting off a sinus infection so I haven't been working out. I did do 90 minutes of Shovel Max yesterday.

Fatkat: I have never heard of that Keli Roberts. She's great! I hope your back is feeling better.

Hi Kate! Epic III sounds awesome!

Sorry for the hit and run post. Hopefully I will be joining in the exercise fun this week.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-24, 06:14 PM  
fatkat555

I’m here and still exercising (barely). Mostly doing Rodney Yee yoga, but yesterday I actually tried my Aeropilates reformer (my mother-in-law gave t to me because she bought it and never used it). I did a Cardio rebounding on it. MyReboundAir became unstable with a broken leg, so I might try G-Force this evening it use the trampoline attachment to modify. I looked at Pilatesology and they have a great list of the basic exercises by level with video descriptions in another area of each exercise. I’m going to study this and see if I can learn.

Update: I did Level 3 Pure Pilates which was about a 32-minute workout.

Old 01-25-24, 07:10 PM  
Jules

Wow Fatkat! What a fatastic gift from your MIL! Is your back feeling any better?

Today was the first day in 2 weeks that I was feeling energetic. I am still a little congested, but I turned a big corner today. I will probably wait until this weekend before I attempt to workout as I don't want to relapse.
Old 01-25-24, 11:44 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Wow Fatkat! What a fatastic gift from your MIL! Is your back feeling any better?

Today was the first day in 2 weeks that I was feeling energetic. I am still a little congested, but I turned a big corner today. I will probably wait until this weekend before I attempt to workout as I don't want to relapse.
My back is finally better, but now my middle fingertip is swollen! Rotating old lady injury is what I have.

I’m glad you’re feeling better! When I had it, I’d get periods of energy followed by crashing. Take it easy!

Old 01-26-24, 11:48 PM  
fatkat555

I’m still exploring my Pilates machine.

Tonight’s workouts were KCM Body Design, Light Dumbbell Cardio Sculpting and Aeropilates Stretch, 15 minutes.

I’m trying to find a Pilates reformer flash card exercise deck like yoga has. So far, not finding very much.

Old 01-29-24, 12:48 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all...remember me? ;-)
I have actually been having a hard time getting into VF now. Very slow but I think things are being worked out. My two part time jobs and new website changes kept me busy. Busy.

I'm still doing my 3-Cs workouts. Caroline, Chris and Cathe. Still LOVING the heavy lifting.
I'll try to catch up now. Starting this week.

Mon: Epic 3 Day 27 Notorious No Repeat Squat Workout. Holy !@#! She did it again. CG uses 55lb single dumbell and 27 lbs pair. I used 50 and 25. That was a super challenge.
ALL kinds of squats but some lunges and even a few deadlifts. Some work done heels elevated. Some bodyweight, some bands.
Work for 40 seconds with 15 second rest. SLOW rep speed. Ow ow. My butt.

Also I am still fitting in some Yoga every weekday afternoon. I don't always post what I do. I temporarily resubscribed to Travis Eliot's Inner Dimension so have been working through a few of those. Just keeping it for a month or so. There is SOOOOO much free Yoga online, plus all my dvds. I don't really need it. LOL

Have a great week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-24, 11:48 AM  
Jules

Hi Gals. I’m just trying to leave a quick message here because I have been getting the dreaded 500 error at home for a few days. I plan to start working out again tonight.