Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-07, 11:51 AM  
Lannette

Before and after but not of me!

You can see the abdominal changes I spoke of here:

http://p101.ezboard.com/fnetappersfr...opicID=5.topic

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 01:05 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette
That's phenomenal that you're able to fit in your clothing from the 70s Sharon and I am in total agreement with you on the rewards of a regular yoga practice. I actually practice yoga regularly myself. My practices aren't as long as I'm sure yours are but I've found the rewards to be amazing. Ok, I'm just too curious to not ask but you obviously do not have to answer. First of all how many children have you had and secondly what waist size have you maintained since the 70s?
I've never had children and I know that makes a huge difference. My waist has been 27-28 pretty consistently since I was 16. I never was the wasp waisted type.

ETA: I should say that I started exercising in the first place, in my late 30s, because I noticed I was loosing some muscle strength -- in spite of a very active (though non-sport) lifestyle.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 01:15 PM  
Lannette

Yes I do agree that having children does make a difference in the waistline though honestly I had to get to a healthier weight in order to get pregant and at that point my waist was about what it is now and maybe even an inch larger. I saw an increase in my hip bone width by about an inch after having children which for me was a permanent change.

Personally I think that the fact that you have never been wasp waisted shouldn't make your maintenance of your waist size any less of an accomplishment and maybe more.

And thanks for answering my nosey questions. LOL

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belly fat, muffin top, pooch