Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-12, 06:52 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hmm, not sure I get the concept.
I have 2 prs of jumprope handles - one set weighted (1/2lb each) and one not - which I hold and manipulate when going through the jumping motions. I got them by buying inexpensive jumpropes and cutting off the handles. Other than the snap sounds (which my healthy imagination can supply ) what's the difference and why the hefty price tags?
Yep, I did that too. I bought Rebok weighted speed rope and took the beaded jump rope off and used just the weighted handles.
Old 04-23-12, 07:27 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I don't like to brag, but my JumpSnap lights up. And the light is blue. (Ooh! Pretty!) Let's see your plain old handles do that!
Oh brag away, but if I had that the first thing I'd chuck would be the batteries.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 10:06 PM  
Diana3271

Thank you for all the replies. I just got home and I am going to look into the suggestions. I have a 20% off coupon for Sports Authority. I will look there, too.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 01:02 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Ohhh.. interesting thread! I just got back into jumping rope (without a rope, just holding 1 # DBs sometimes, sometimes nothing) and love the quick & intense workout!
I'll have to check out those DVDs that were mentioned here, thanks!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 08:05 AM  
kirov2

I admire everyone's ingenuity with do-it-yourself rope-making! Makes me wish I didn't spend so much on the airope---but, hey, if it breaks me through plateaus, it's worth it in the end to me.

And, oops, I actually don't have AeroJump/Sculpt---just looked at the DVD-cover and what I have is Olajide's AeroJump Skills 1, 2, 3. SharazPR, your favorite instructor is great! This summer, I may use a *real* jumprope so that I can try to learn some of those fancy-dancy skills of his!
kirov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 08:07 AM  
flamingoo

How are the air rope dvds? I have an old jumpsnap and don't care too much for the dvds. Could you guys recommend some good jump roping dvds to use?
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 08:20 AM  
Diana3271

Look at this video clip! I am sure to knock myself out! http://www.power-systems.com/p-4177-airope.aspx

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 08:30 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hmm, not sure I get the concept.
I have 2 prs of jumprope handles - one set weighted (1/2lb each) and one not - which I hold and manipulate when going through the jumping motions. I got them by buying inexpensive jumpropes and cutting off the handles. Other than the snap sounds (which my healthy imagination can supply ) what's the difference and why the hefty price tags?
The difference is that you don't have the cord. The airope and others versions has the short cord attached, so the jump roping mimic motion is higher. The airope move in a circular motion, so mimic jump roping better and is harder. The only deferent is that you are not passing the cord under your foot, which with a speed rope requires more skills by coordinating arms and foot. I have tried all versions because I have being jump roping for a long time. I put them on this level of difficulty (handles only, weights, airope, speed rope)

Jump rope is a great cardiovascular and leg strength exercise, doesn't matter what you are using you get some benefit from it.
Old 04-24-12, 08:37 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Look at this video clip! I am sure to knock myself out! http://www.power-systems.com/p-4177-airope.aspx

I saw that video- it looks kind of fun, but which dvd is it closest to-anyone know?
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 08:38 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirov2 View Post
I admire everyone's ingenuity with do-it-yourself rope-making! Makes me wish I didn't spend so much on the airope---but, hey, if it breaks me through plateaus, it's worth it in the end to me.

And, oops, I actually don't have AeroJump/Sculpt---just looked at the DVD-cover and what I have is Olajide's AeroJump Skills 1, 2, 3. SharazPR, your favorite instructor is great! This summer, I may use a *real* jumprope so that I can try to learn some of those fancy-dancy skills of his!
I have Skills 1, 2, 3 too, but still need to get into it. I bought the Rain Maker and is a huge difference in terms of speed. There is a more expensive from Buddy Lee that I want to get in a future.

I started Aero/Jump just mimicking jump roping and now can handle the real jump rope on 1/2 of the DVD. Keep the good work. You may get better

Tags
airope, cordless jump rope, ez-rope, jumpsnap