Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-23, 12:11 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Acon Rebounders & what do you like about your rebounder?

So, the Leaps and Rebounds ads on Facebook have peaked my interest in rebounders, but the reviews of it are mixed. I found reviews of the Acon rebounder and it sounds like it might be a good one. It comes in two sizes and is available in black or white. Acon rebounders
Here is Sydney of Jumped&Jacked using it: 10 Minute Halloween Workout | Full Body Rebounding Workout

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Acon rebounder or has one. Also, what do you like about rebounding and about your rebounder? Thanks!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 08:37 AM  
Lannette

Following your link was my first exposure to Acon Rebounders. I see one huge personal flag against purchase.

The bungees are only warranted for a year. That’s pretty standard but they don’t offer replacement bungees. So what do you do when they wear out? Throw it in the landfill?

We’ve owned a Bellicon Rebounder for more than 7 years - off hand not sure of the rebounder’s exact age. We’ve replaced the bungees once and will need to replace them again soon. They aren’t cheap but they are readily available and high quality. Our rebounder is used multiple times a week up to daily. Three of us use it, some more often than others.

My adult son and DH like it for its silence. They watch movies and comedy shows while doing cardio in the gym.

I like being able to translate super high impact workouts to the rebounder.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 08:56 AM  
amery

I was interested in the Acon and it looks like a great rebounder, but I haven't tried it. I have a Leaps & Rebounds, Jumpsport, and OneTwofit. They're all ok, but the OneTwoFit is my least favorite. It's just really stiff. The Leaps&Rebounds was my first rebounder and I really like it. But the jumpsport bounce is hands down the best.
I like how the bounce feels, it's completely silent, and the bounce is adjustable. It's so sturdy and can just tell it's a good quality.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 09:41 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
We’ve replaced the bungees once and will need to replace them again soon. They aren’t cheap but they are readily available and high quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
But the jumpsport bounce is hands down the best.
I like how the bounce feels, it's completely silent, and the bounce is adjustable. It's so sturdy and can just tell it's a good quality.
I bought a used JumpSport with barre attachment from a Craigslist seller in 2018 for $150 (!), seller was the second owner. I have no idea how old it is, and after reading Lannette's post, wondering if anyone has changed their JumpSport bungees?

That said, our bungees are in great condition, stealth-silent, and sturdy. We use it sporadically. Love jumping on it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 09:50 AM  
owltx

I, too, had never heard of Acon before this. Sorry I can't give any info on that.

I got a JumpSport last year and absolutely love it. Very quiet, extremely sturdy, and good bounce. I love the Jump&Jacked channel for fun, quick, cardio on the rebounder - almost like a brisk walk outside. For me, bouncing is just plain fun. It is a good stress relief and I usually add on 10-15 minutes bouncing after say a weight workout just to get some movement in.
Old 10-25-23, 10:21 AM  
gladgirl

Not sure about the Acon…but not being able to get replacement parts matters to me.
I’ve had my JumpSport since 2010 when mentioned here at VF. I still have original bungees and they still look good. I just recently purchased the handle bar for it and it’s quality made. I can still get a mat or bungee replacements. That’s important to me. Never got the bellicon I dreamed of having, but this JumpSport is more than I ever expected. Yes, the bounce is still wonderful.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 10:48 AM  
SherBear

I bought a Bellicon approx 10 yrs ago. I believe the other one I was considering was Jumpsport. I use it nearly every day but not for dedicated rebounder workouts. I hop on it during rest breaks in workouts to shake out my muscles, loosen up my body, and as Stephanie said, just for fun. Plus, I've heard that it is good for your lymphatic system.

The Bellicon is solid, silent (I talk on the phone while jumping and no one is the wiser) and i would buy another in a heartbeat if something happened to this one.
I remember they offered folding legs for easy storage - extra $ that I didn't want to spend. But I did get the T bar. I used it for the first week and then never again.

Good luck in your search!

Sheryl
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 11:41 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Following your link was my first exposure to Acon Rebounders. I see one huge personal flag against purchase.

The bungees are only warranted for a year. That’s pretty standard but they don’t offer replacement bungees. So what do you do when they wear out? Throw it in the landfill?
Thanks for pointing that out. I called customer service and asked about getting replacement bungees and they are available, as are mats. Their rebounders are a newer product and they don't yet have the rebounder replacement parts on their website. The rebounders do come with three extra bungees. Their main sales are their full size trampolines and they do have replacement parts for them available on their website. Every question i asked the customer service rep was answered to my satisfaction.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 12:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Wow, those are less expensive than I was imagining! Well, at the sale price, that is. I have an Urban Rebounder and dream of having a bungee rebounder someday but I just don't use mine enough to justify it. It would be so nice not to squeak!

Does anyone have a hexagonal one? If so, which do you prefer?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 07:00 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I called customer service and asked about getting replacement bungees and they are available, as are mats. Their rebounders are a newer product and they don't yet have the rebounder replacement parts on their website. The rebounders do come with three extra bungees. Their main sales are their full size trampolines and they do have replacement parts for them available on their website. Every question i asked the customer service rep was answered to my satisfaction.
That’s really good news.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acon rebounder, bellicon, jumpsport, leaps and rebounds, reboundair, rebounder, rebounders