Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-24, 03:01 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… forum is chugging along for me too the last few days. I’m so jealous of that step class. Glad you are liking it!

Kate…80s style . I had that big hair too!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 06:55 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… both our teams squeaked it out today for the win. Yankees had an exciting ninth inning with a play at home from the outfield. Phew! Now onto March Madness
Old 03-29-24, 07:24 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym…how about those upsets last night!!! Many of our family members had North Carolina to win the whole thing in the pool. We’ll see if I survive tonight with Houston.

Hodgepodge of 10 minute Peloton classes-Pilates. Barre with mini ball. Barre with resistance band. Pop music cycling class. Climb ride. Finished with yin yoga, focusing on ankles and feet. Maybe I should take more of these types of classes, since I never fully got back my mobility after the accident.

We are headed to a new cafe with my daughter and her boyfriend for lunch. Then we are doing a pre-Easter egg drop since the bf is really excited about it, and he won’t be joining us for the holiday. He’s going to be an engineer, so this is right up his alley.

Happy Friday!
Old 03-29-24, 09:53 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yay to Friday!

Yesterday was TA Mat Arms plus PBOD Booty Kicking Barre and it was indeed booty kicking! This one used the loop band (firewalker) and here's something interesting I've noticed. I have the Cathe loops with every tension in the pack and have discovered the green one, the medium tension that Cathe uses for a lot of stuff, drives me NUTS when I use it now!

It rolls up on itself and digs into my skin whereas the next tension up, the blue one, seems thicker and functions better. I've also found that tension is better for me or I get more out of it (for now at least until it stretches out like maybe the green one has?). I haven't yet tried the heavier gray one, hah! But I'm realizing to avoid that irritating roll-up/digging I need a thicker band even if that means more tension than I might want at times, sigh. Do you all have that experience with the irritating rolling?

Chele, same on the sluggish forum. I actually got the dreaded 503 error yesterday! But I am crossing fingers that just means updates are happening behind the scenes. STILL having the log-in issue. Just have to be patient.

FN2, hah hah on the kisses!! I frequently get ballistic head-butts along with nose kisses and yes, sometimes even sandpaper kisses. Oye!! Oh, funny story here too...so we've been adding those supplements to their dry food because adding to the wet food wasn't working out with getting the right cats to eat most of it. So now everyone gets a bit of a dose of the supplements, and oddly enough, it seems to have helped my old man Maine Coon's jinky hips! Like maybe it took some inflammation down? I don't know, but he was running around the other day doing the Kitty 500 like he had suddenly reverted back ten years to a younger version of himself. It was such a wonderful thing to see!

Kate, hah Groot...I love Groot too! And I agree some of those earlier Cathe Lives seriously kick booty more than the later ones. Good stuff!! I've done that one you mentioned and marked it as a favorite in my log.

Have a great day all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 10:18 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug… I used the green one yesterday with Chris’ workout, and it drove me nuts for the same reason. Never thought of upping the resistance. Not sure I can handle it for certain exercises. Today I used the fabric loops which I much prefer. But they don’t work for everything
Old 03-29-24, 10:23 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Chele, so glad it's not just me!! And I have been thinking the same...I much, much prefer the fabric loops altogether, but yeah, they don't work for everything.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 11:40 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Happy Good Friday!

Today was a successful Hair Max day and before that I did:

PBOD - Flexibility & Mobility
. At first I thought that I've finally discovered a gentle Tracey's workout, but then she wanted me to do leg circles in three legged dog pose. Thanks, but nope The rest felt nice though.

Kittybug, our cats do not cuddle in bed, but they like to walk on us in circles while looking for a perfect spot, or start a fight at 4am

Cataddict, I don't like to put wrists on dumbbells. Or feet - Tracey had one exercise where you do triceps dips with one foot on the dumbbell and another in the air. I prefer to have everything on the ground, heh.
Old 03-29-24, 12:10 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Good Friday! The week flew by! No Easter plans here..everyone is doing their own thing. I think of Easter's past with my Justin. He LOVED being with family!

Chele: I had short spiky hair in the 80s. And colored Bodacious Burgundy! I even remember the color.

kitty: I JUST got my new Cathe bands and mini ball today!! I notice that the bands are narrower than the ones I have now. I also did not have the grey/heavy band so glad to have that. I like her fabric loops too. I just keep a bunch of different loops and bands on hand.

PP: hope you have a good holiday too. Sometimes I do pushups with my hands on dumbells but that's about it.

Today I woke up with lots of energy and no soreness. So even though I worked upper and abs yesterday, today I did Cathe's Live 488 Compound Strength. I kept it fairly light/medium and it was really quite good. No killer challenge, but kept me moving and working and sweating.
I liked the slower pace. I tacked on a little extra stretch at the end and now almost time for some Yoga.

Have a great weekend all! Don't eat too much Easter goodies!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 02:20 PM  
manleym

Hi All! Again, this week flew (crazy busy at work) and has gotten away from me. Now time to catch up as best as I can.

ChelePA durn it all! We didn't see the 2nd half of the Alabama/UNC game. We watched the 1st half (in between my dozing) and went to bed at halftime. I told hubby we're going to have to watch the 2nd half because UNC was up at the half. But again, that's the fun and "madness" of March Madness. Don't ever know what's going to happen! I have not seen any of the Houston games or that Iowa game, which is a bummer. We only have local network stations, Paramount+ & Peacock, so if the game isn't NBC or CBS we're out of luck.

I'm looking forward to tonight's game - Houston vs Duke. Hope I can stay awake for it - LOL! Looks like Cataddict and I will be rootin' for opposing teams. And Cataddict, it is absolutely pathetic that I can't stay awake! I get on the couch and I'm out!

ETA: Forgot to mention that hubby's boss got tickets to the playoff games today for his son and him. I can't remember who's playing the first game, but they'll definitely see Houston vs Duke, and the 1st game. Hubby looked up prices and while we would have loved to have gone, just couldn't justify spending the money. Tickets were pricey, at least for us. Would be so fun to be there in person though!

Kbug I'm also very interesting in your fitness-change journey and the results you've seen. To be sure I understand correctly, you've noticed significant changes in your body since you've stopped doing crazy cardio and heavy weights and started doing PBOD and BB/barre, pilates, etc? Curious because maybe my mindset needs to shift too. I've been adding in Barlates as add-ons and have liked the different moves. I'm sure PBOD is harder than Barlates, you think? I'm also interested in what you've been learning. Curious minds want to know.

Bands - Honestly I use the latex bands I ordered from Amazon (same as Chris's - black (heavy) and red (medium) more than Cathe's. They seem thicker than Cathe's green band, which I have 3 of because I think they stretch easily. I haven't used Cathe's blue or gray band so I don't know about those. But agree that the green one needs to be thicker. I do like the fabric bands better than the latex and often use Cathe's blue fabric band. Chris sometimes uses two of the latex bands, so I'm wondering if doubling up would help?

KateTT my daffodils have already bloomed and are on their way out. Crepe myrtles are starting to bud. Everything is early this year. But Easter is early and we didn't have much of a winter. I know ya'll did, and are still dealing with gross weather, but ours was pretty mild considering. Ha about the hot flash! I thought of you the other day when doing Chris's workout because there was quite a long jumping jack series and she gave 4 reasons why it's ok to do low impact jacks and one reason is because it makes you pee in your pants! LOL!

Bee like you and Cataddict it would not take several weeks to learn one of Chris's step workouts in person. That would be dreadfully boring. I'm also interesting in the scaling back, so keep me posted on what you hear/learn.

Cataddict I'm glad you're enjoying the step class at the gym and getting to know some people. I loved step class at the gym and those people do become friends. And yes, no birthing babies during step class! Fun that you have connections with all 3 Dukes! I did see that and thought it was hilarious! Also saw "Name that Mascot" or whatever it was called. They are so funny! I love their banter!

Sounds like ChelePA has some fun family Easter plans. We're going to the Tenebrae service tonight and Easter service Sunday morning. Other than that it will be low key. Have to say my feelings are a little hurt because my brother and SIL are going to my nieces for Easter and we weren't invited. I miss the big family Easter gatherings and don't think that's even on my nieces radar. Totally understand. She works full time and has a 2 1/2 year old so she's tired and it's alot of work to host. Just hope they'll send me pictures of Leighton since I won't get to see him in person.
ETA: working on my brother to get an invitation so I think I’ll get to see family after all!! Sad that I have to finagle to get an invitation…but I’ll do what I have to do.

Happy Easter all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 02:24 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Mon - CD 25 Min Legs & Glutes Workout At Home: Follow Along With Form Tips (GREAT music! Good, quick) + Barlates 10 Min Barre Thighs Workout - Barlates Body Blitz You Build Week 3 - Barre Thighs (quads burned)

Tues - CD 90s Cardio HIIT: Let's Sweat! 40 min Home Workout with Dumbbells + 20 Minute Dumbbell Leg Workout at Home - Legs With A Touch Of Cardio

Wed - CD 20 Min Arm Sculpt : Quick & Effective Workout for All Levels! + Barlates Body Blitz You Build Week 3 - Arms And Abs (both really good; could do Chris’s 2x for 40 min or great add-on; Linda - different moves)

Thurs - CD To The Beat - High or Low Impact No Equipment - All Standing Cardio (lots of jack variations; Chris gives 4 reasons to do low impact jacks, no hopping/jumping and 1 is because it makes you pee in your pants; thought of Kate)+ Barlates 10 Min Standing Abs Broomstick Workout (WOW! Used FIRM stick and it was hard! My arms got tired from holding the stick with no breaks; some moves awkward because of fast pace; good add-on; no WU or CD)

Today - CD Sculpt Your Legs and Booty! Intense 45 Minute Workout for Toned Muscles! (LOVED! some heavy weights, lots of inner thigh and mat work; Kate might really like this one) + 10 Min Butt Mat Workout - Barlates Body Blitz You Build Week 1 - Glutes (LOVED! FLEW! Wore ankle weights; loved the variations of familiar moves; great add-on)

Plan for tomorrow -Chris's Saturday Step. Wonder what it will be?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in