Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-16, 12:52 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephE View Post
It makes me sad that the FIRM, as we once knew it, is no longer and that no new systems/DVDs will be coming out. Kind of makes me want to be a FIRM hoarder. LOL. Wait a minute... I guess I kind of already am!
I'm just incredibly glad that I stumbled upon this forum and these workouts. The Firms are just so comfortable and make me happy. I don't know why, they just do. I can honestly say that I rarely watch the clock on a Firm workout. Well, except for Hard Core Fusion. I'm going to try that one again. Third time's a charm
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 01:18 PM  
windyh
VF Supporter

I love the pink Firms. The tall step was an effective piece of equipment but then the Firm kept piling on more equipment until it was tedious. Now I prefer the pinks because of the simplicity. Total Body Toning is my favorite.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 02:30 PM  
Fitstick

I still love the Pink Firms - they are solid intermediate, you will feel pleasantly worked out afterwards but not slayed. They are some of my favorite and most used Firms in my collection I too miss the days of looking forward to a new Firm series.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 06:57 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm just incredibly glad that I stumbled upon this forum and these workouts. The Firms are just so comfortable and make me happy. I don't know why, they just do. I can honestly say that I rarely watch the clock on a Firm workout. Well, except for Hard Core Fusion. I'm going to try that one again. Third time's a charm
Ditto on that! I'm a Firm hoarder now too! I used to do them all on VCR back in my 20s in the 90's, complete with leotards and those bizarre thong leotards we used to wear! Why the heck did we think that was a good idea?!!

I love Pink firms -- just the right amount of time, intensity, and not a lot of equipment to haul out!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 07:51 AM  
Rhonda

So can someone say which are the best Pink Firms? I have tried a few and just didn't click with them but now that I am back into more intermediate non-killing me workouts, these may be up my ally.

Boy as I get older my tastes have changed.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 08:35 AM  
ellaenchanted

Love the pink Firms. It is what I am using now since I finished my Fe Fit rotation. I am doing the TransFirmation set along with: Total Body Toner, 500 Calorie Workout, Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn, and Ultimate Fat Burning Workout. I have also thrown in some Firm Express 2 or 3 times.

They are solid workouts and intermediate to high intermediate/low advanced for some of the longer, higher impact workouts. But, overall they work you without beating you up so you feel good, energized and you get more fit. I have realized that really intense workouts are really meant to be 1x per week max because they become counterproductive if done too often. I also love that they use minimal equipment and space. I never got the Wave or Zip Trainer because they seemed gimmicky and I do not want equipment.

I plan on getting 2-3 more titles from Mary at some point to round out the collection. And possibly getting a BeMax streaming subscription at the end of the year of next year. I just don't spend much money on fitness things anymore so it really means something if I am considering getting these.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 11:06 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Gold mine thread!! I just recently acquired a whole bunch of the Pink Firms for really low prices on Amazon and am wondering why I never did that before. Tastes and needs do change, don't they? I am just not on board with all of today's streaming workouts and have decided to acquire older DVDs I like while I still can before they're all gone, hah! These were a screaming deal and they are indeed solid, fun, awesome workouts. I too miss looking forward to new Firms.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 11:52 AM  
lizh

Not sure if these are "best" but some of my favorite pink firms are:
Cardio Overdrive
Burn and Shape
Total Body Toner
Total Body Time Crunch
500 Calorie Workout
Hi-def sculpt

I love Allie, Alison, Emily and Rebekah (Annie not so much)
They are really positive (but not too chipper and perky) and they put me in a good mood.
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 12:02 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I also like PowerBurn 45, which is three 45-min fairly low-impact dancyish aerobics that is just solid steady-state cardio that isn't mind-numbingly boring and no TIFTing!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-16, 12:59 PM  
SueT

Kittybug, which workouts did you get recently on Amazon for a great price?

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pink firms