Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-07, 07:51 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Interesting little article about Amazon price guarantees

Here's an online article about Amazon's price guarantees:
http://www.slate.com/id/2156900/?nav=ais

Basically, if you buy something on Amazon and the price goes down on Amazon within 30 days they will refund you the difference. Apparently it's not well publicized. I've done this with brick and mortar stores.

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-07, 07:54 PM  
CharM

Oh heck yeah they're great about that! I bought a lot of shoes during the $40 off $80 promo last month. The prices of everything I bought decreased so when I finally got all my credits, they totaled close to $70! I love Amazon.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 09:37 AM  
txkimmers
VF Supporter

me too

I read about that in Slate the other day and saved myself a few bucks off on a book I recently purchased. Here is the funny (er, embarassing thing) though-- the customer service reply had this to say to me:

"Thank you for writing to Amazon.com.

First, I would like to thank you for your ongoing support and continual purchasing throughout the years. Your purchase history is outstanding and I would personally like to keep your patronage. You are certainly the type of customer that we would like to retain."

I felt simultaneously proud and embarassed. Maybe I need to join that group that decided not to buy anything for an entire year.....
txkimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 09:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow, thanks for posting this! I actually emailed them last month and asked them about their fluctuating prices on some items, and they never even mentioned this...I will definitely be contacting them about this in the future!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 10:27 AM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txkimmers
I read about that in Slate the other day and saved myself a few bucks off on a book I recently purchased. Here is the funny (er, embarassing thing) though-- the customer service reply had this to say to me:

"Thank you for writing to Amazon.com.

First, I would like to thank you for your ongoing support and continual purchasing throughout the years. Your purchase history is outstanding and I would personally like to keep your patronage. You are certainly the type of customer that we would like to retain."

I felt simultaneously proud and embarassed. Maybe I need to join that group that decided not to buy anything for an entire year.....
What a great email!!! Sometimes I worry that my UPS guy is judging me for my obvious Amazon addiction...
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 11:40 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Yep

I got $40 back last year when an electronics item I ordered dropped in price a week later due to the manufacturer reducing the suggested retail price. I emailed them, and had an adjustment w/in 24 hrs.

I also have had a pre-order that dropped in price before the item was available, and they quickly adjusted the price for me.

I've had nothing but good experience from them.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 11:50 AM  
IvysMom

their policy also applies to pre-orders. i got them to do a price adjustment when the jillian michaels' dvds first came out. i had pre-ordered them but there was such a backorder, that the price had dropped while i was waiting for my order to ship. they were pretty nice about it, and even upgraded my shipping for free.

speaking of which, i gotta go place a pre-order on the new jm book that's supposed to come out in march or april.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-07, 10:29 AM  
Francesca

I got a refund on something I bought without asking for it - twice. Once from amazon.com, and once from amazon.co.uk. Very cool.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-07, 02:51 PM  
Bearybuff

How wonderful

Helen
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 06:03 PM  
blue_hydrangea

I've been purchasing from Amazon.com for years, and they've been really good about refunding me the price-adjustment differences. I love shopping at Amazon!
blue_hydrangea is offline   Reply With Quote