Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-24, 05:36 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post

Neita, we have wildflowers in the desert this time of year. Our neighbor seeds his gravel yard, so they come up in the spring.
That's so nice! I may browse the library to look at desert ecosystem wildflowers.

Donna - if you like your contractor, and he does quality work, why are you looking at larger companies?

This morning I did some movement/mobility on my own plus a 30-minute yoga session on MFML.
This afternoon I started Jessica's STRENGTHEN, Total Body Stamina Sets. I had attempted that workout when she first launched it; it was too much for me. But today I did get thru it, it definitely tests your stamina. And then I took a nap.

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 06:22 PM  
Leonana

Walking at work, 4200 steps.

Tomorrow is our last day for the work week, we have Friday off. Originally, the holiday was for Good Friday, but now it’s called Cesar Chavez day. I’m looking forward to resting this weekend.
Old 03-28-24, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It is so dreary here!

Yesterday I forced myself to do some Lucy Wyndham Read after work - I had been a slug sitting all day - and I knew I needed to move some. I did a 20 Min Walk with her and then a 5 min cardio type workout. Her stuff is easy to fit in since it is not fancy.

I really do need to make getting some walking in a priority - I sit all day. I was thinking of trying to do 1 mile in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 1 after work. On "cardio" days I can ease up on that if necessary. I can get out to walk if the weather is nice, I can dust off our unused treadmill or I can do a video walk. The 1 mile in the morning can be my pre-workout warm up

Today I did:

Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Sculpt - this is on her All Access Pass but also on DVD. I enjoyed it as I love fusion workouts!

Neita - I'm mainly looking at other companies to give myself some sort of reassurance on the pricing. My DH insists that our contractor is too high but I don't think he is totally out of line - maybe a little more - but he does very good work and he is very reliable, so I think it is worth it to spend a little more. I think when my DH is googling pricing he is looking at pricing for work that is less than a full kitchen gut and remodel - he is probably looking at upgrades, minor cosmetic stuff, or just the cost of materials, not materials plus labor. I'm thinking once we get in there and start making selections the price will go up and end up somewhat close to what our contractor has proposed. I want decent materials and stuff that is going to last b/c that kitchen has to outlast me or at least my time as an owner of the house! Anyway, we shall see.

Sherry - I took tomorrow off and Monday off for a long weekend. I hope that you can get caught up on rest.

Waves, Pam!

I hope wishiwasinhawaii had a successful surgery!!

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 02:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I had a busy morning of workouts...yoga, qi gong, and two Cathe's (a tough Upper Body routine "stacked sets" from the LITE series) and (a 30 min. Mobility routine from her Perfect Flow DVD.) My triceps were fried after today's Upper Body with all the dips, pushups. kickbacks, lying overhead pulls, close grip presses. Then, all of the shoulder work. I love this workout, though. Kills me every time and just challenging enough. Perfect goldilocks workout.

Donna, I had a good month of walking in February but did very little cardio this month. Hoping I can make up for it in April! You've really been on the Fusion train!

Wishiwasinhawaii, hope you're doing okay! Thinking of you!

Sherry (and Donna) enjoy your time off work!

waves to Neita!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 04:58 PM  
Leonana

Today was walking at work, 4885 steps.

I feel better today than yesterday. I think I did too much on Tuesday, and so felt worse on Wednesday. A good lesson to take it easy! I had my yearly appointment with my cardiologist, and saw the cardiac nurse. I’ll do my heart ultrasound in May. She did listen to my lungs and said there was still some fluid at the top of my left lung. At least it isn’t deep in the lungs. Her assistant told me it would take another month to get over the cough. Fortunately, I’m not coughing as often.

Donna, good job on the fusion workouts.

Pam, the Cathe upper body sounds tough.

Waves to Neita and wishiwasinhawaii.
Old 03-29-24, 06:27 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Yesterday I started the day with 10-15min of warm-up and mobility on my own and then a 25min morning yoga class from MFML.

Later I did Dean's MFY Strength Foundations #2.

During the day I went on a field trip for park volunteers and we went to the Rawlings Conservatory & Botanic Gardens in downtown Baltimore. It was so nice to be in spaces filled with beautiful plants! I know some of you are sorta in the Maryland/PA area. Rawlings is no where near the size and acreage of Longwood Gardens, if you've ever been there, but still delightful for an outing.

Donna - that certainly makes sense to get an idea of cost!

Pam - you inspire me with your multiple workouts that each sound tough.

Sherry - do continue to take care. Hopefully that fluid dissipates.

Wish - hoping you are recovering well.

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
Old 03-29-24, 09:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Four Elements Flow - the Jessica Smith workout for today on the Fusion Schedule was her Barefoot Sunrise Walk which is one I had done before and I did like it (I marked it as a favorite!) but it wasn't what I was looking for this morning - I was in the mood for Ellen so that is what I went with!

Yesterday I did add on: Jenny Ford - March Across the U.K. # 2 - Caerphilly, Wales. This was the same location as the step workout and it was also raining during this workout. It was a typical Jenny walking workout which is not a bad thing.

Not sure what else I will get in today. I took the day off - so that is good. And it looks like it is turning out to be a sunny day.

Neita - thank you for that recommendation. Before moving to MD we lived in PA not too far from Longwood and went there regularly We still go every few years - it isn't too far and just a nice place to visit. I will have to put Rawlings on my list!

Sherry - I am glad that you are seeing some improvement - take it easy this weekend!

waves, Pam and wishiwasinhawaii

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 01:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I began with Dean's yoga today and ended with Lee's Qi Gong. Between this I wanted to use my pilates mini-ball again so chose Linda Woodridge Stejskal. I did a few different segments from her Fusion Mat workout, and it's tough! Nice that she has a smaller window insert displaying easier modification for this one, so that's what I did most of the time. Her pilates ball is spikey. It doesn't seem like it would be a comfortable prop to use. I did three of the five sections, not always completing all of the reps. They were Table Top Glutes, Inner Thighs and Abs, as well as the stretches at the end. Funny, I used to do Margaret Richard's workouts and Linda might be even tougher. When I get bored I like to play around with gadgets/toys, so it was fun.

Neita, thanks for the compliment! At least with Cathe I know I can go lighter with the weight, if need be.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 02:34 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

A quick pop-in: Jessica has released Month 4 of YBBY. Theme is ALIGN. This paragraph from the ALIGN home page really spoke to me,

"For instance, with a more total body focused exercise, it might make more sense to hold dumbbells at our shoulders to recruit more core stabilizers, but a more lower body isolation move might have you hold weight at the leg so you can load those muscles heavier and more directly without adding more challenge to the spine or core. This position might allow you to handle heavier loads better (the point of using the weight for a isolated leg exercise) at your legs versus trying to manage the core stability/strength needed to keep the weight at your shoulders while also performing a lower body exercise."

I have noticed that my core is not as strong as my legs are and it's hard to go heavier for lower body compound exercises when I feel my core is sloshy.

-Neita

Current Rotations:
Old 03-29-24, 06:01 PM  
Leonana

Had a nice relaxing day off so far. I had to get a follow up chest X-ray at 8:00. Then came home and rested a bit. Went to the library to pick up more books to read. I’ve been reading a lot while resting. Then met my friends for lunch, but didn’t stay long. It was nice to visit for a bit. Came home and rested on the couch again. Hardly coughed today, thankfully.

Neita, the botanical gardens sound beautiful. We have the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix, I’ve been a few times. Align sounds great, can’t wait to exercise again.

Donna, I’m glad your day off is a sunny day.

Pam, good job on the workouts. I always thought Linda’s workouts sounded tough!