Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-23, 04:07 AM  
Negin

Denise Austin Streaming

Although I don't do her workouts nearly as often as I used to, I adore her. I just did a quick YouTube warm up routine of hers. While doing it, I thought to maybe join her Premium. Has anyone else done so? I'm considering trying it for 30 Days. I was always against streaming. Now, I have Ellen Barrett and Jessica Smith. I have considered Classical Stretch/Essentrics, but since I have almost al the DVDs, I decided against it.

Pros of Streaming:
Denise is so positive and fun. She's just darling.

Cons of Streaming:
* Feeling overwhelmed - I'm the type to get easily overwhelmed with too many options. I already feel overwhelmed with my DVDs, streaming,and YouTube.

* Costs - I don't want to subscribe to too many, since the costs add up.

I can't make up my mind, and I'm looking for feedback. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-21-23, 06:48 PM  
tracyb

I become easily overwhelmed myself! To combat this, I focus on only a few instructors at a time. Right now I do Jessica Smith and Essentrics, and with all the stuff they have it is plenty

I can't speak to Denise's streaming service, but I would recommend not signing up for too many to avoid analysis paralysis
tracyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-23, 07:51 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I just signed up with Denise for a year because it is half price ($47) with the code SUMMER50.

I don't know for how long.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-23, 07:55 AM  
Negin

Thank you both for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyb View Post
analysis paralysis
Tracy, I love that term. I'm sure I've heard it before, but it describes me perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I just signed up with Denise for a year because it is half price ($47) with the code SUMMER50.
Susan, oh my. That is a great deal!
Old 06-22-23, 12:32 PM  
donnamp

I agree re: analysis paralysis - too many options can actually de-motivate me and with subscriptions I often feel "guilty" if I don't use it. Back in the day I was fine w/ having DVDs sit in shrink wrap for months (let's be honest, years!) - b/c I knew when I was ready they would be there for me - but w/ streaming if you don't use it when you have a subscription you lose it. And realistically, there is only so much you can do in a day!

That being said, Denise's $47/year sounds like an awesome deal and I can even feel myself caving on it even though I have a number of active subscriptions right now and use You Tube quite a bit, too!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-23, 04:05 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
That being said, Denise's $47/year sounds like an awesome deal and I can even feel myself caving on it even though I have a number of active subscriptions right now and use You Tube quite a bit, too!
Donna
Donna, you're going to laugh, but I caved. $47 was just too good to pass up! I'm making a plan - to rotate my streaming - Ellen, Denise, and Jessica. My plans seem to change all the time, but it is fun, even though I suffer from analysis paralysis. Oh, I always enjoy your posts.

Susan, thank you so much for sharing the promo code!
Old 06-23-23, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

What does she offer on her streaming platform? This morning I did a Denise DVD I have - Yoga Booty Barre - I think it was called. It was one of her more lower key workouts and I enjoyed it!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-23, 11:38 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post

I don't know for how long.
Thank you, susanp! It worked for me today. There is no mention of it on the Denise site, but when I tried it on the payment page, it worked. I usually use paypal but even though the Denise payment was half price, the paypal showed the whole price; so I exited that without paying and used a credit card.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-23, 03:39 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Does Denise put up new content regularly on her streaming?
Why am I asking this????

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-23, 05:10 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
What does she offer on her streaming platform?
Donna, I believe that she offers all of her workouts. Susan can answer this question better than I, since I only just joined. She also offers nutrition, recipes, as well as her blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Does Denise put up new content regularly on her streaming?
Why am I asking this????
Jackie, your last part has me laughing .
I'm not sure how regularly she puts up new content. Hopefully, Susan knows.

Tags
denise austin, denise austin streaming, ellen barrett streaming, jessica smith all access