Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-24, 09:00 PM  
Buzzer

Yoga X the first 45 minutes... DONE!

I have trouble doing all the sun salutations and poses on the floor, so I put my hands on my weight bench and oh my goodness!! That worked so well!!! So much better. I really got a good stretch and didn't overstretch or hurt my wrists. I needed the stretch though! My calves are on fire. I had to take a running break.

So the wind is kicking up. LB and I were at martial arts (allll day, from 10:15am - 5pm) and while we were there, the power company posted that they would be shutting off power to some areas to prevent fires. Starting at 3pm and turning back on at noon Sunday. So we are on a well... toilets won't flush with no power! So I panicked. DH was not home, however he was able to get home and fill some buckets with water just in case.

we got home about 5:30pm, and we still have power!!! However most of the areas around us don't, some areas in town don't, and here we sit. In the foothills, where the wind is supposed to be the worst, and we still have power!! I am not going to count on it all night, however I am so grateful we have it!!! They have been spending a LOT of time up here over the last few years working on upgrading the power lines and power poles, so maybe that's why. It's paying off! We had some strong winds already and even some snow during the wind!!! It's like the weather here has really bad food poisoning. It's coming out both ends.

So we'll see how tonight and tomorrow look... I may be able to run if we keep power! I am just going to pray the damage is minimal.

Eventmom: I really hope the cream works for you. Heal it faster! then you don't have to worry about the Tylenol thing. I do agree with you, I don't think it really works for anyone. We don't even keep it around the house. I'd rather go without anything than be told to just take Tylenol Ice and heat work better IMO.

So we are only 2 weeks away from LB's black belt testing. This was a big hurdle to get over, then for the next 2 weeks we will be going to classes whenever we can, and next week is bootcamp on Saturday for 5 hours. However they said whoever takes bootcamp will have no problems in testing, so I am counting on it. We are "required" to take it since she missed a prep cycle day, which at first ticked me off. Now I am more OK with it, since I just think she should get all the help she can before testing!!! It's a big one! Then we can breathe a little easier.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-24, 11:10 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

this standing barre:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siWH...9vKM4&index=10
and a 5 min jill miller yoga tune up.

yesterday - a 30 min standing pilates + 7 min TA unweighted arms

buzzer - we were under a wind advisory all day yesterday. no wonder I've got a bad headache. The kinesio tape and creme are helping but I certainly don't feel strong at all.

hi ebianco & lucie!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 06:22 AM  
Buzzer

Margaret Richard Body of Work, I think it was DVD1... DONE!

It was good. My energy was low low low. I didn't sleep well two nights in a row. Saturday night I slept awful because of the wind. I woke up at 1:30am and it was bad, so I stayed awake until about 4:30. I fell asleep again until about 8. Turns out all that happened was our garbage can fainted and the tarps and plastic things in our yard held a meeting near the fence line, which is good since now we can gather them up easier instead of them being spread around the yard. So all that worry for nothing. We didn't even lose power!!

I slept awful, I was low energy, and my calfs still didn't feel good. So I decided to lift. Margaret was low key enough for me! This one was not tough at all, I used 15's to do a bench press when she did pushups, and 10's for the biceps (I could have gone up on that one.) Then for delts and tris I used 5's. Which I am glad I did, she did a lot of pushing the weights out to the front straight!!! That's hard with heavier weight!!

I felt like I was in a cloud all day, LB was with a friend so all I did was wander around in a daze, then go pick her up. Luckily I bought some street tacos in case power went out, so dinner I didn't have to think about. We just ate the pre-prepared food.

I slept better last night, and since it's a day we commute to metal smithing, I will run at 5:30am (in 10. minutes) so quick check in!!

Eventmom: I'm glad you are getting your arsenal together to hopefully feel better. It's all a process... a tedious one, but a process. I would definitely say the wind was why you had a headache. We have had some very big barometric pressure swings lately with the snow and wind!!!

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-08-24, 09:16 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from this weekend. On Saturday I did a youtube cardio warm up with 20 minutes of this Burpee Girl workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SS...dex=17&t=1494s), then Epic 3 Day 38 back and biceps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMOq...juFXy&index=41) which was tough.

Yesterday, I ended up going to a local park with my sister and walked for about 80 minutes (3 miles) and then I came home and did Pure Barre Focus Abs, the whole workout and that was great!

Today and tomorrow are planned rest days but should still get in 60 minute walks. It's actually kinda nice outside now but I'm still inside on the treadmill LOL. Maybe tomorrow I'll try doing an outside walk.

Eventmom You are definitely right, and it is so sad how critical people are and Cassie was providing great free workouts! If people don't like her stuff, then don't comment Great job on your workouts!!

Buzzer Really interesting about acclimating the plants! When I recently replanted my mint plant from the hydroponic to a pot it did great for about a week and today it's all wilted. They're going from intense LED lights to just regular sunlight and maybe it's not enough. I haven't tried to transplant any of them outside yet but now I know I should so more research!

Wow that is crazy about all of the stories with the 100 mph winds! The car windows breaking every spring! Lifted off into the air! Board flying through the air into someones living room wall! And then the trash can and your poor dog! That is all so intense. I would be terrified of those strong winds!
Old 04-08-24, 11:02 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today: another standing pilates for senior/beg 30 min + 10 min adrenal practice
It's weird so many on line teachers make me crazy but I like this lady.

buzzer - sorry about the poor sleep. of course it's pretty much always windy and some sort of pollen. no wonder I feel not great. MR I have body of work - it's sort like her 3rd all my best. I think those later workouts were not as hard as some of her earlier one. I look forward to getting back to her workouts but I'm still trying to be careful.

ebianco - yeah exactly on youtube, just click over to some other workout! her content is good IMO so if it's not for you move on! fun to get in such a walk with your sister.

hi lucie!
Old 04-09-24, 12:43 PM  
Buzzer

Walked 4.2 something miles.. DONE!
Ran 2.85 miles.. DONE!

I found a walking path where LB does metal smithing. It is about 5-6' wide, and goes along a creek. It was clean and felt safe. I walked a little over 2 miles out, then back. So a little over 4 miles... I guessed .2 but it could have been .1 or .4! HA!

Today I was kinda pooped. I didn't stretch after the walk, and didn't shower (since I was in another city with no home base!). So I ran, but I didn't run good. I ran slow, and walked part of it. My left lower leg was aching, and I walked so I could run another day since I wasn't feeling 100% for my run. I guess the walk did more than I thought it did! Plus I didn't rehydrate at all, so all of that together made for a bad run this morning. I did it though. I walked .49 miles in the cool down, so all together I did over 3 miles today, even though I was tired and sore!!

So lesson learned, stretch even if you think a walk wasn't that much, and drink more.

The septic guy is here right now, so I am holding off on my shower and checking in, in case they can't have me running that much water right now!!

Eventmom; I Hope you are doing better.

Did you guys see the eclipse yesterday? We had our glasses, and were at 77% covered. It was actually good enough for me. People say there's nothing like 100%, however I don't know. I maybe just am not into it enough. I was good with what we saw.

Ebianco: DH is going to lay the wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier in July! I'm not sure if we are going on this trip and event with him yet... you are kinda close to there, aren't you? it would be fun to meet up with you! If we don't go, you can go see DH and freak him out by greeting him. "Oh my goodness, you are Buzzer's DH, aren't you!!!! I have heard all about you! Tell Buzzer and LB hi!!!" then walk away. he would be bewildered. HA!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-10-24, 10:45 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

just 30 min standing pilates today. yesterday same + a short kundlini practice

buzzer - the older I am the more stretching I need which has made this injury tough. The bruise is mostly gone just a really deep one and I wonder if I need to go back to the dr to have it looked at. I did see the eclipse! I think 90+ percent here. it was fun to look at.

waves ebianco!
Old 04-10-24, 01:13 PM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.64 miles.. DONE!
Margaret Richard unplugged series 20, episode 1... DONE!

I was able to ice my calves and take a shower after yesterday's run, so today's run was much better!!! I still haven't lost any more weight, however I am maintaining my 5 pound weight loss so... ok.

The run was a 10 minute warm up run, then 2-30 second interval runs, then 6-45 second intervals, then 2 more 30 second intervals, followed by a 10 minute cool down run. I went up .5 mph for the intervals, and it was actually not bad!! I was worried it would be too big of a jump, however I did it and it was good. I kept up my normal speed jog for the warm up, cool down, and rest between intervals. It was good!! I guess I am getting a bit faster, and more comfortable at the faster speed. Margaret was pretty easy. It's the one with her friend who she has known for years, whose husband was (at the time) just elected Mayor of Tallahassee. It was interesting and fun. Lots of stretching that I realized afterward was supposed to be inner thigh work. HA!

Today is a pretty nice day, the rest of the week is supposed to be in the 70's! I am looking forward to that. The weekend we may have snow again, however luckily not a lot. Just an inch or two. Still yuck.

LB has been spending an enormous amount of time making the coolest dragon puppet ever. She used watercolors on the dragon head, is cutting cardboard to put behind the sides of the head, and it's really sturdy and looks amazing!! She is doing so well. So I have been letting her go and do it. She is really focused on it and working so hard on it. I'm impressed at how good it looks!!

We are going to the final project research paper reading for Classical Conversations this afternoon. LB's BFF is in it, so we will go and hear her paper. I have heard these presentations for years.. and thought last year would be our last since we left CC. HA! Now we are going back. We have been invited to another one next week, we may go. I remember LB being 4 or 5 and having to sit through them. I never really liked them!!! HA!

Now I"m going purposely. ugh.

We are hitting martial arts hard these next two weeks since she has black belt testing next weekend. I feel like we have everything coming down on us right now, however I also know I feel like this every year at this time, when things are wrapping up. Violin thinks she's the most important since a recital is coming up, martial arts with black belt testing coming up, metal smithing is ending in a few weeks so I feel the pressure to make up some of the ones we missed... plus we have a kids market coming up that LB is going to work on with her friends so they have to get together and do that. Lots wrapping up that is important to the person running it!! Well, to us also, but man, can we spread it around the year???

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 04-11-24, 10:40 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - 30 min standing pilates + TA arms from mat workout

buzzer - I'm so wishing I could do harder workouts, harder meaning MR LOL! I never purchased any of the unpluggeds I have more everything else and usually use her for 1-2 weeks then move on so I tell myself NO MORE MR when I get weird and want more. sitting through kid presentations was okay when it was my kid but they get long! snow, snow OMG! we'll be in the 80s!

waves ebianco & Lucie!
Old 04-11-24, 12:05 PM  
Buzzer

Ran a 5k..DONE!
Margaret Richards Unplugged series 20 episode 2.. DONE!

I have ran a 5k almost every day! I love it! Used to be a goal, now I am hitting it pretty consistently! I am slow, but at least I move. I went up to a new fast pace for the intervals, and it was actually good!! I am feeling good. The Margaret was pretty easy. She did it with Heidi, and mostly it was delts laying down, and outer thighs. I think the unplugged workouts are when she was taking it easy. Good for after a run though to try to maintain or increase some muscle without hurting myself or depleting myself!!

Eventmom: we went from snow, to possibly 80 degrees in town this weekend! HA! We are supposed to get snow or rain Monday through Wednesday though. It's still spring here. We can and have gotten snow every month of the year. Not consistently, but I remember snowy 4th of July, snow in August, snow in June is pretty common here. I can recall snow for every month at some point. I also can recall some pretty hot days for just about every month too!! So it's really a crap shoot.

I will say that if you want easier Margarets, this season 20 unplugged is it. She saved a caterpillar, talks to her friends, and is really, really relaxed. Almost to the point of not being a Margaret workout but being just a coffee chat. HA!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14