Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-17, 10:54 AM  
PennyK

Qigong Healing?

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 12:28 PM  
Pam

I am in the 3rd year of a 4 year Qigong Healing program, that is held locally. I have seen and experienced healings. We practice on each other in the class or on friends and they have had very positive feedback as well.

Be glad to discuss this further, if I can help with your questions.

Penny--I don't know about the 2 people you mentioned in your post. I will look them up.
Old 03-17-17, 12:56 PM  
PennyK

Old 03-17-17, 01:09 PM  
Titus2woman

Please keep sharing~I'm paying attention!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 08:25 PM  
Pam

I just wrote a sorta long reply and hit the wrong button and it disappeared. I will write again later.
Old 03-17-17, 08:27 PM  
Pam

Duplicate.
Old 03-17-17, 10:10 PM  
Pam

This is the website for the school I am attending. http://www.thecenterplace.com/ I started taking classes there because of a personal interest in the field, after doing Qigong DVDs for a couple years. I wanted to learn the theory between the Qigong DVDs and also what else was possible. Stayed, as I am enjoying what I am learning and practicing. After I finish the 4th year of the program, I can become a Certified Qigong Practitioner by a National QG Association and can treat people for $ if I want. Don’t know if I will.

Jeff DVD’s sound like the moving practices and meditation we have learned in class. The practices allow you to increase, move and store energy in different parts of your body. What you wouldn’t get is the knowledge why it works (important in the results and to advance in the work) and how to treat others and yourself.

Chinese QG knowledge & techniques have developed over a lot of years. How long depends on how you define QG healing and who you read. The Chinese believe there are energetic pathways in the body. Blockages can occur due to illnesses and emotions. Healing QG removes these blockages and allow healing.

I severely hurt an ankle. It healed very fast and I believe it was due to QG treatments. Other students and I also have successfully treated my headaches, stress and energized me. Several people in my class are there because they had QG treatments for cancers (along with Western medicine treatments) and feel it helped them.

I tried to learn Healing QG with books and DVDs and found it impossible. I think it would be hard for anyone. When I read or watch those books and DVDs now, they are a review or are much more understandable.

There are few other Healing QG schools around the US. Mine has 4-3 days classes for each level, intended so people can travel from a distance to take the classes.
Old 03-18-17, 04:38 AM  
Pam

I want to add while I may be biased and think a class with great teachers is the best to learn Healing or Medical QiGong, DVDs such with Jeff or others could be a great introduction. I hope, if you Penny, or anyone else tries them, plz let know how you like them.
Old 03-19-17, 09:31 AM  
PennyK

Old 03-19-17, 01:16 PM  
Pam

I would love to hear other's experiences, as there have been many different versions and teachers through the centuries. I enjoy reading books on the subject and my collections of book is getting as large my DVD collection.

I would be glad to give out some book titles and hope others do as well (well...my CC doesn't!).

I found I have Jeff's Level 2 DVD, probably from a thrift store purchase ages ago. I will try to watch it soon and at least give you my thoughts.

Tags
jeff primack, qigong, simon blow