Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-07, 06:31 PM  
akaAnnie

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way-I'm 53 myself. I looked up the quote because I had to be sure my memory hadn't totally failed me. Hope you do get pictures soon(what was Santa thinking?!).
And looking at my post you'll se misspellings and note that I can't figure out how to do quotes. There's probably an insect name for someone like me...and it's not as cute as ladybugs!
Ann
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 06:36 PM  
Lannette

No you didn't offend me at all! And Annie! Neither one of us is old! Though we might be cute and bug-like

I just edited my post to say that I do have pictures of a client that I could send you if you PM or email me.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 06:41 PM  
Carol_is_fit

Hi Sherry and Lannette! I hope to be able to order the Ladybug workout one day. This morning I finished day three of Instructional #1. I have the add-on set coming so I'll have both instructionals, Basic Workout Plus, and the Total Workout. I also have the CRT system coming. Just found Teresa's book today in Books A Million and have been reading it.

I'm already seeing inches coming off (I'm not kidding!!!) and I feel so much better, am more aware of my posture, and am becoming aware of many muscle imbalances from my former ways of training. I don't think I'll ever go back to what I was doing before. I'm so happy and so excited to have found this program! It really does work and believe me ... I was a big skeptic! But I was WRONG, and I'm so happy to say that!!

Anyway ... just wanted to wave HI to Sherry and say THANK YOU to Lannette for the links!!

Carol
Old 01-20-07, 06:47 PM  
Lannette

Hi Carol!

I don't think that Sherry was actually here. I believe that Anne just copied one of her posts from the TT forum.

Congratulations on the inch loss though! I am so excited that this is working so well for you Carol! It brings back fond memories of back when I "clicked" with T-Tapp. (I was a total skeptic too! )

If you ever have additional questions or need anything please feel free to just ask.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 01-20-07, 06:59 PM  
Carol_is_fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette
Hi Carol!

I don't think that Sherry was actually here. I believe that Anne just copied one of her posts from the TT forum.
Oh ... DUH! I see that now! Thanks! LOL!

Quote:
Congratulations on the inch loss though! I am so excited that this is working so well for you Carol! It brings back fond memories of back when I "clicked" with T-Tapp. (I was a total skeptic too! )

If you ever have additional questions or need anything please feel free to just ask.
Thanks again so much!

Carol
Old 01-20-07, 07:12 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Hey, I don't see this syndrome among the yogis I run across -- certainly don't see any evidence of it in myself and I'm over 60. And I certainly don't do T.Tapp (nor do I intend to do any). I DO do lots and lots of yoga and a tiny bit of strength training. ETA: and about 10 min./wk of pilates.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 09:25 PM  
Meli D

I thought the same thing at the gym recently!

I think it's so funny that you say this, because I noticed this among the older ladies in my aerobics classes last week and felt guilty for kind of "judging" their bodies. After all, it's so great that they're exercising and I hope to be doing this, too, at their age and older (I'm 35).

The women are in their 50's and 60's (and maybe 70s?) and I noticed that they look round as can be (is this what is called apple-shaped?) around the middle, but have such skinny legs and arms. The big t-shirts on top of tight leggings just emphasizes this and isn't the most flattering look.

I will probably look the same way when I got older because I have always had a belly but not much butt, thighs, etc.
Meli D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-07, 09:38 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Hey, I don't see this syndrome among the yogis I run across -- certainly don't see any evidence of it in myself and I'm over 60. And I certainly don't do T.Tapp (nor do I intend to do any). I DO do lots and lots of yoga and a tiny bit of strength training. ETA: and about 10 min./wk of pilates.
Hi Sharon,

I never meant to imply that T-Tapp is the only way to prevent this change. I will say though that I've been teaching dance and exercise for 30+ years and I've never seen anything reverse it in resistant cases as fast.

The body type typically known as an apple (short torso/long legs) tends to age into this look most dramatically. Interestingly enough apple's also tend to have a higher risk of heart disease and because of their long legs many apples tend to have knee issues.

Just out of curiosity Sharon, is your waist the same size as it was when you were in your twenties and is your tummy as flat?

Mine isn't, when I was in my twenties my waist was only 21" but now after two children it's between 24 and 25". Of course when I was in my twenties I was dancing and was very underweight. (BMI between 16 and 17)

Old 01-21-07, 10:15 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Just out of curiosity Sharon, is your waist the same size as it was when you were in your twenties and is your tummy as flat?
Yes. I still have some clothes (jeans) I wore in the 70s. (I'm in the process of culling for a major throw away) and they still fit perfectly. Actually my abdomen is a lot flatter now that it was in my 20s since I do so much core-strengthening stuff.

I know about the risk of heart disease and waist circumference and apples. I've seen people make great strides toward health with yoga and it's such a rewarding practice in so many ways. I agree though -- there are lots and lots of ways to get there.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 10:19 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Yes. I still have some clothes (jeans) I wore in the 70s. (I'm in the process of culling for a major throw away) and they still fit perfectly. Actually my abdomen is a lot flatter now that it was in my 20s since I do so much core-strengthening stuff.

I know about the risk of heart disease and waist circumference and apples. I've seen people make great strides toward health with yoga and it's such a rewarding practice in so many ways. I agree though -- there are lots and lots of ways to get there.
That's phenomenal that you're able to fit in your clothing from the 70s Sharon and I am in total agreement with you on the rewards of a regular yoga practice. I actually practice yoga regularly myself. My practices aren't as long as I'm sure yours are but I've found the rewards to be amazing. Ok, I'm just too curious to not ask but you obviously do not have to answer. First of all how many children have you had and secondly what waist size have you maintained since the 70s?

Last edited by Lannette; 01-21-07 at 12:46 PM. Reason: to ask a nosey question or two

Tags
belly fat, muffin top, pooch