Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-08, 08:12 PM  
Cecelia

Looking for Longer Cardio Workouts

In the past I have done mostly short intense cardios....lately the cardios from Cathe's 4DS, or I would do half of an Amy Bento or a longer Cathe cardio. But I am looking to shake things up and try some longer, but not killer cardios. I'm looking for 40-50 min. workouts. I bought Leslie Sansone's 4 Fast Miles and was surprised to find that I liked that one, but wouldn't want any less intensity than that. I especially liked the intervals in that which step up the intensity a bit but aren't too killer. I consider myself a klutz but often find that I can catch on if the choreo isn't too complex. I have Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Xtreme and figure if I do a premix without the intervals...it might be the right intensity...not sure if it will be the right length tho. I am not looking for step. I have Soul Sweat which is wonderful (tho it took some time for me to get all of it) but I think I want a wee bit more intensity than that. I guess in general I do better with more athletic choreo.

I was looking at collage and saw a few I was considering which seem to be rated intermediate & above....Petra Kolber's 3-2-1 and also Michelle Dozois' Rockin Cardio Jam. There's also a Firm Cardio Dance Fusion, but it looks pretty dancey. I'm open to more walk dvd's if they aren't too easy. I don't mind the Leslie I have but don't want to do it everyday. I was looking at Debbie Rocker's Walking for Weight Loss tho' the reviews on Amazon are definitely mixed. My ideal workout would also have a bit of fun factor---pretty scenery or motivating music.

Any ideas?
Cecelia
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 08:43 PM  
bfit

I like Rockin Cardio Jam, and there is an Express version on the DVD that you can do if you happen to be short on time. It is different and complex enough that you have to think a little bit (definitely more complex than Leslie Sansone), but I would not call it dancy or say that it really has much actual choreography. Another obvious thing that you can do for a longer workout is to put two workouts together which I do a lot. Do the warm up on one, do the cardio, then skip the cool down on that one, skip the warm up on the second one, do the second cardio, and then do the cooldown on the second workout.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 08:50 PM  
ladysaraii

I tried Janis Saffell's Ring Side Kick it the other day. It has 2 segments, one hi/lo, one on the step. The whole thing including warm up and cooldown is 60 min. I bought mine in a 4pack from Ross.

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 06:03 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

Cecelia: Leslies similar in intensity to the 4 fast miles are the 5 mile advanced, Walk Slim 3 & 4 mile or 3 mile Weight Loss walk (my favorite). I'm on the fence about Debbie Rocker -- nice long workouts but kind of dry.

Gay Gasper's All Out Infused Step has great music -- I think the cardio is about 45m and then abs. Amy's Kickbox Extreme is a fav. Rockin Cardio Jam is good too. For a solid 60 minutes of moderate intensity cardio - Gin Millers Simply Step (though the entertainment is more from Gin than the music) or the Powerstrikes.
Old 03-08-08, 10:04 AM  
mtnmom

How about Katina Hunter's Interval Party, or Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp. Nothing complicated about them, about the length you requested, no step required.
Old 03-08-08, 10:22 AM  
dnna

I really like Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp. I lke the new Firms that are easy on the body-Cardio Party, Cardio Overdrive, I like Cardio inferno with SuMi -30 minutes so I add on a little rebounding to get 45 minutes in.
I am that rare person that actually liked Alli's Dance workout, and I like Allison's fat burning workout.
I like cathe's old ( and new) step workouts on a 4 inch step- works for me!! Nice long fun cardio without the knees killing me.
I like to take out my gliding disc's and gin's ramping dvd's and add on Debbie's s/s/express core cardio or Tina Smalley's Firm sculpting ball workout at the end of the cardio for an hour of work.
good luck
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 10:30 AM  
DBW

I was thinking Cardio Camp too, and I got it from DD inexpensively. It has options for just cardio or just kickboxing if you want a shorter workout.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 02:18 PM  
lindseylu8

Firm Super Cardio Mix is 60 minutes and its great sweaty fun!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 06:07 PM  
Cecelia

Some good ideas here, some of them I"d never considered before... so thanks all! I've been busy looking at reviews and trying to find online previews. I hope to narrow your suggestions down to a reasonable wish list and then take the plunge.

Thanks again for the input!
Cecelia
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote