Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-24, 07:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Upper Body Weight Workout #2 - 20 minutes

Beth - Oh yes, lots of creaky body parts these days. And some days one of my knees will just hurt for no apparent reason. I keep a tube of Voltaren gel in the house and use that whenever my knees hurt.

Thanks Christine! I am definitely better today than I was yesterday. My asthma continues to bother me, but I see the doctor again next month, so I imagine he will try to adjust my medicine. We are still having so many sick kids at school - the sick season seems to be lasting longer than usual. I think we sent another 6 or 7 home sick just today.

buffmama - Nice job! That sounds like a tough one.

Donna - I also have tomorrow and Monday off, but then there are no days off until we are finished for the year (late May). Tempers in parts of the school are getting frayed.

Polina - Tracy's strength stuff sounds a little too "creative" for me. I did her streaming for about a month once. I quickly figured out that she was way too challenging for me.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 06:21 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Happy Good Friday!

PBOD - Flexibility & Mobility
. At first I thought that I've finally discovered a gentle Tracey's workout, but then she wanted me to do leg circles in three legged dog pose. Thanks, but nope The rest felt nice though.

Carol, happy to un-enable, lol. I kind of like her non-strength workouts, but don't see myself doing them on a regular basis.

Christine, I agree her strength is too 'creative' and not in a safe way, unfortunately.

Donna, enjoy your long weekend!

Waves, Buffmama and Beth!
Old 03-29-24, 07:50 AM  
buffmama

PA teaser -> side bend; I'm not expecting to like tomorrow which finishes up the sequence with those exercises that are usually skipped
Old 03-29-24, 09:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Four Elements Flow - the Jessica Smith workout for today on the Fusion Schedule was her Barefoot Sunrise Walk which is one I had done before and I did like it (I marked it as a favorite!) but it wasn't what I was looking for this morning - I was in the mood for Ellen so that is what I went with!

Yesterday I did add on: Jenny Ford - March Across the U.K. # 2 - Caerphilly, Wales. This was the same location as the step workout and it was also raining during this workout. It was a typical Jenny walking workout which is not a bad thing.

Not sure what else I will get in today. I took the day off - so that is good. And it looks like it is turning out to be a sunny day.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 07:31 AM  
buffmama

PA boomerang -> push ups broken down as I thought I could actually do them - well, except for control balance for which I went back to shoulder bridge
Old 03-30-24, 11:19 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Walk (30 min)

I decided to get some Barlates workouts from Mary's sale. I purchased her Focus 5 Min Series, Beginner Mat and Lazy Day workouts. They looked the most doable out of Linda's workouts for me.

Carol, I'm glad you're feeling better! Hopefully the kids will come back to school healthy and refreshed after Spring break.

Polina, that workout title sounds so nice - flexibility and mobility. I would not expect leg circles in downward dog, lol.

Waves Donna, Beth and Buffmama!

I hope everyone has a nice Easter!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 01:10 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Ellen - Powerhouse Cardio - i liked this one - it is a bit faster paced and as the title indicates, there is some core work - planks and standing stuff - no crunches.

We went to the kitchen and bath place this morning and I was prepared to not want to go with this company but after talking to them and seeing the designs/options they have moved up in my consideration. They come in lower than the guy we have worked with before but not dramatically lower - so it was good to see that his price is not totally off base (and also for my DH to see that his pricing ideas were completely off!). We would have to sit down with him and figure out options to get a better side by side comparison. It is a lot of work making these decisions, LOL! I am leery of going with a large company - but the reviews I read are 99% positive - but still - I wonder if they delete negative reviews or something like that. Anyway...time will tell. I have given myself until 4/15 to make a decision.

Christine - enjoy your new DVDs!!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 02:53 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Hello, happy Saturday!

Tracey's calendar for today suggested to repeat one of the previous workouts or do a flexibility one, so I decided to play it safe and did CS #1101: Full body workout. I remember reading that season 11 of CS is rather slow and easy, but I did break a sweat with this one.

Tomorrow is a day off in Tracey's calendar, so not sure yet what I will do. We're also switching to summer time, so I'll be tired for a few days probably.

Donna, it sounds like a difficult choice! Good luck with making a decision.

Christine, yes, the title was very deceiving, haha. Have fun with Linda! I plan to explore her YouTube channel a bit more, I like that she has cats in her videos

Waves, Carol, Buffmama and Beth!
Old 03-30-24, 07:21 PM  
buffmama

Polina - Justina's new daily mobility starts at the neck and goes down the body to the major joints. For a 12 min workout it did a lot.
Old 03-30-24, 07:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Nothing yesterday, but today I did

Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Women Over Sixty - 30 minutes;
Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes

Polina - I hate the switch to daylight savings time here. We are on the far western edge of our time zone, so kids get to wait in the dark for school busses, etc. after the change. I personally would like to be in the mountain time zone - I think it would work so much better for us. I think the time zones in the U.S. were established long before there were people living in this part of the country, so the "locals" didn't have a lot of input on where they drew the lines (because there were no locals, except for a few Native Americans, a few cowboys and a lot of cows).

Donna - Oh I hate making decisions like that!

Christine - New DVDs! That will be fun ~

Waves Beth & buffmama.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wall pilates