Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-24, 09:23 AM  
alisoncooks

How are your 2024 workouts going?

Finding your groove? Trying something new? On track, off track, where’s the track?!

The end of February is just around the corner, so 2024 is two months down! I fumbled a bit for the first several weeks, bouncing from plan to plan. Joined the YMCA at the beginning of February, and have been consistently going 5 days a week to use the machines. I have also been consistently yoga-ing for the past 3 weeks. My word for 2024 was/is “enough” — so I’m ignoring my lack of dedicated strength training; I’m enjoying my current routine, so I’m calling it enough.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-24, 09:44 AM  
Daffie

Not exactly as hoped. Cardio is harder for me to do when stressed even though it would help me feel better. Yesterday my mom called in the morning for me to come over. I walked later. But on goal with doing some sort if intentional activity everyday!
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-24, 11:29 AM  
rhbrand

Started off strong, then a couple heavy winter snowstorms, meaning lots of digging out, a couple nasty colds, have sort of threw me off my groove.

Getting back on track, making goals, and plans to reach those goals.
Old 02-24-24, 01:40 PM  
Messe

I realized after Cathe announced her new series that I wanted something similar-ish that I could do now. Enter 3 months of barre3 streaming. It's not your mother's barre3, which is a good thing for me. I especially enjoy the strength workouts (did my first-ever full-on renegade rows earlier this week — not bad for a 76-year-old, right?).

Is barre3 pricey? Not compared to live classes (I live maybe 6 miles from a studio, and live classes are $32 a pop unless you spend $$$ on a package), and not if I use it regularly.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-24, 03:23 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm still on track. I started P90X on January 1st and am still enjoying it. I have modified it quite a bit. I just do the strength workouts.

I haven't done a formal rotation with just one instructor in years. I'm not sure what I will do next.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-24, 03:31 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I am super consistent with rebounding so far. I'm mostly using the Cellerciser, which I got in mid-January, and have used it almost every day for 3-20 minutes or so. I love it. I'm amazed at the leg, arm and ab toning that is happening. And, I'm feeling great.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-24, 03:32 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
I realized after Cathe announced her new series that I wanted something similar-ish that I could do now. Enter 3 months of barre3 streaming. It's not your mother's barre3, which is a good thing for me. I especially enjoy the strength workouts (did my first-ever full-on renegade rows earlier this week — not bad for a 76-year-old, right?).

Is barre3 pricey? Not compared to live classes (I live maybe 6 miles from a studio, and live classes are $32 a pop unless you spend $$$ on a package), and not if I use it regularly.
I love b3, did it for the most part last year. I just felt that I had to shake things up. I think they have a great approach to fitness.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-24, 03:35 PM  
warriorprincess

I've been having a good year. I'm steadily ticking off all my Cathe workouts. And I'm doing lots of zone 2 on the indoor bike on my recovery days.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-24, 03:58 PM  
AnMrsDe

Doing great so far in 2024!

Today I just finished my STS 2.0 rotation via 2lazy4gym's 8 week rotation. Loved it so much and deemed it my most favorite rotation to date! I'm taking a recovery week next week but have yet to decide what I'm doing in March. I think I'm going to take a week to do Cathe's '23 workouts again and then maybe start Tiff & Dan's Shred 3 rotation but that is not set in stone yet.

I missed VF the last 2 days...so good to be back!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-24, 04:03 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
I love b3, did it for the most part last year. I just felt that I had to shake things up. I think they have a great approach to fitness.
I agree. Nothing I'm doing has made me hurt — sore every now and then, yes, but I'm really amazed by how good I feel overall. And I'm standing taller, which is always a good thing.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motivation, new year goals, new year rotations, results, setbacks