Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-15, 08:37 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

P90X3 DVD not working

I wanted to do The Warrior from P90X3 today and I got as far as the third workout when the DVD got stuck at that point. I tried to skip past it, but that didn't work. I tried cleaning it but that didn't work either. It worked fine the last time I used about a week ago so not sure what happened between then and now.

I bought the set from the teambeachbody.com site a little over a year ago but did not buy the DVD replacement plan, so I'm assuming Beach Body won't replace it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I suppose I can use the workout description book that came with P90X3, but it's not really the same. TIA.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-15, 09:09 PM  
PrairieGem

Try to play it in something else, like your computer, to make sure it's the DVD, and not your player acting up.

We have a brand new ($$$) Blu-ray player, and it is stupid picky about the things it will play. It's kicked out more of my older workout DVDs than I can count (even one it played, say, yesterday), and it's extremely touchy about exactly how you load it (you insert it like a dashboard CD player, not in the little slide-out tray that you can examine for dust, etc). Conversely, could your player need a software upgrade? Most of them are connected/able to online sources for the updates, and there should be a command to select on one of the menus.

Not sure what to do if it is the disk. I give them to my dad to recover!

Good luck!
Old 01-21-15, 09:42 PM  
andtckrtoo

If you contact Beachbody, they will replace it.
Old 01-22-15, 12:53 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

I am pretty sure BB will replace the disc. I think they have some crummy ones out there. I got P90 and had to replace a number of discs twice. The Speed Series DVD never worked and I got a refund. The DVDs didn't work in either DVD player or my computer. Sometimes my DVD player still kicks the discs out before it will play. My sister's DH copied and loaded P90 on googled drive for me so I can play on my iPad and stream to the TV.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-15, 09:48 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Thanks for the tips everyone. This morning I tried playing it in my laptop and it was fine and then I tried it in the DVD player again and now it's playing there too with no problems. No idea what happened yesterday. Maybe there was just some dust in the DVD player? Anyway, crisis averted, lol! Thanks again.
Old 02-05-15, 03:04 PM  
Sandi M
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
Thanks for the tips everyone. This morning I tried playing it in my laptop and it was fine and then I tried it in the DVD player again and now it's playing there too with no problems. No idea what happened yesterday. Maybe there was just some dust in the DVD player? Anyway, crisis averted, lol! Thanks again.
I have found that when one of my P90X3 DVD's won't play in my workout room TV/DVD player combo, I can take it upstairs, start playing it in the DVD player in the TV room, put it back in the player where it wouldn't play, and then it WORKS. I've had to do this several times with several of the DVD's, even the same ones on occasion. Very weird.

Sandi M
Sandi M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 03:23 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi M View Post
I have found that when one of my P90X3 DVD's won't play in my workout room TV/DVD player combo, I can take it upstairs, start playing it in the DVD player in the TV room, put it back in the player where it wouldn't play, and then it WORKS. I've had to do this several times with several of the DVD's, even the same ones on occasion. Very weird.

Sandi M

Wow, how strange! I haven't had any further trouble with this disk or any others (yet), but it's good to know I'm not the only one who has had this happen.