Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-24, 10:45 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday all!

Yesterday was TA Meta Glute level 3 plus PBOD Barre Lower Burn (and burn it did!).

I'm so excited...Tracey has been gone teaching internationally, I think, so there haven't really been any longer barre classes uploaded recently (and I've done almost all of them at this point, wow!) BUT she posted a clip this morning from a Reformer Dupe class!! So it looks like she's already filmed ~something~ that will be posting soon!! I'm beyond excited, hee hee.

Bee, now I'm la la la la-ing and plugging my ears when you talk about B workouts because I've got too much going on and don't need more temptation! Oh, how funny too, B...Bee...B....Bee, hee hee!

I'm in a goofy mood this morning for no good reason, sorry!

Hey, did anyone do Cathe's most recent Live? Just curious. Haven't seen her use a step in, well, a long time, I don't think?

Waves all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-24, 10:48 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Chele, Cataddict, it was a fun workout! I was a bit scared when Gin said in the beginning something like "If you are a beginner, do another workout!", but I'm glad I gave it a try

Kittybug, Tito Is doing well, thank you for asking Benny on another hand might have thyroid issues - I'm waiting for his bloodwork results. And the vet said he will need to have a few teeth removed, ugh.

Bee, I tried a few Lia's workouts on YouTube and signed up to her free trial. I feel like they will complement well my strength workouts.

Today I did RISE Lite W4D2 and Lia's 15 min stretch with a ball. Looking forward to the new Rise program which starts next week.

Happy Friday y'all!
Old 04-26-24, 06:23 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug...I was thinking the same thing about Cathe using the step. I know it was more basic interval moves, not choreography but glad to see it.

There definitely is too much available these days. Which is a good thing, but I want to try it all.

PL...good update on Tito but sorry to hear about Benny. Winston had several teeth pulled, but they were able to do it when he was neutered.

This morning, I did the opposite premix from TBGS that was upper body only. I was feeling it despite lifting 2-5 pounds lighter than the crew. Followed with the second half of Imax 4 (6-10) then the bonus abs. This is when I realized by upper body was fried. My arms were trembling on the one arm side plank dips. Finished with a 10-minute yoga flow, floor poses only.

Bee...when is your son starting his internship? Will he travel home anytime soon? My daughter is done May 1st since all of her finals are papers and presentations. The semester doesn't actually end until the 10th, but she has no in person tests. Lucky her!

Did anyone watch the Cathe video on her favorite piece of equipment? I was surprised

Planning to get our deck and patio area cleaned this weekend if the rain holds off. Also, still need to do spring cleaning with all the leaves, debris, etc. My husband will be traveling again over the next month or two so hoping we get it done before he leaves.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-24, 08:51 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm baaaaaack because I might not have time to post this weekend so I'll finish my week of checking in now.

Today was TA Meta Glute level 3 plus Ballet Beautiful Essential Ballerina Stretch and Tone. I saved Stretch and Tone for my end of the week because after half an hour of work, it's half an hour of glorious stretching which was a fabulous way to wrap things up.

And that also wraps up level 3 of Meta Glute. Next week I'll move onto level 4. Eek! I also finished my five-week Ballet Beautiful rotation plan, which I'll start over next week for another five weeks with TA and PBOD. Or that's the plan!

LL, UG on the teeth!! Big hugs to Benny. No fun!! Merlin, my Maine coon, had to have lots of those pulled some years ago, sigh. He might need more but I hesitate taking him in because he's up there now in age, and the last couple of times he was under anesthesia, he had such a terrible time coming out, it disturbed and scared me to no end.

Chele, yes, I saw that vid you posted. I was also sorta surprised! Not what I would have expected Cathe to say regarding equipment, but it makes sense. To be honest, I like the ease and convenience of tubing but kinda hate it because I'm always afraid it will snap. I really like her Boss bands. Wonder why she didn't mention those instead?

Have a good weekend all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-24, 09:10 AM  
ChelePA

Kittybug…glorious stretching…love it!!! Hope you have a relaxing weekend. I know work has been stressful.

Had a little extra time this morning so I started off with Step Sync Intermediate plus Ab Stacker. Followed with Chris’ replay of an earlier 90s music step routine. Fun stuff! Finished with a 10 minute lower body stretch.
Old 04-27-24, 05:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday I started Drop Two Sizes with the warmup, foam roller, and Strength 1 workout. I liked the warmup, and it used the “recovery moves” that are interspersed in the strength workout. The foam roller was pretty quick, and probably wasn’t a good one to learn positioning and form on the roller. She did say it was to show how they were done, but, well, I would have liked a bit more in terms of form. I liked the actual workout more than I wax expecting, despite the “fit into the bikini” comment. It wasn’t a tremendously hard workout, but it was a bit tricky to gauge how heavy to go. Oh, and I won’t be doing this for 12 weeks. I might do 6 weeks and Drop One Size instead. Surprisingly enough, I am a “pleasantly” sore in the glutes and thighs today—guess 100+ squats will do that.

I followed it with Chris Dorner’s fast basic step that she filmed in the Alps with Phillippe. It was a quick finisher.

Speaking of Chris D, is anyone doing her 2 week “challenge”? I checked out the schedule, and it looks like they are short so I could do some other things on the same day if I wanted to add on. I’m still doing my Tuesday step class, and of course there is Vintage Wednesday..

Speaking of Vintage Wednesday, we need an oldie workout to do!! C’mon, Watulans, throw some ideas out there!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-24, 05:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

LL, sorry Benny needs to have dental work. It’s a major deal for them (and for us). We just had Rubber in to the vet yesterday (he’s the beige guy on the left of my avatar) and she recommended that he get a dental cleaning, which has meant teeth extraction in the past. Ugh. We are hoping he wouldn’t need another dental for while, since my DH has been diligently brushing his teeth. I’m glad you enjoyed the Gin workout—she is a hoot and very encouraging IMHO.

Ectobug, yeah, I get the hesitation about the anesthesia. It’s a major reason we don’t like to subject the guys to the whole dental thing. Do you have a different vet now who might not be as heavy handed with sedation? Oh, it’s so fun to see you so excited about Tracey doing new workouts! That excitement seems to be rare these days!

PP, I want to do the latest Cathe that uses the step but I’m not sure where I will fit it in.

BB, good to “see” you! Glad you enjoyed the baseball game. It’s a really nice ballpark with good views!

I don’t know what piece of equipment I would see Cathe liking best. I think the fabric bands are less versatile since they are looped——plus they stretch out more quickly. I’m not as concerned with the tubing snapping as much as the latex bands since it’s thicker.

Such a random post! Waves and hugs!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-24, 08:38 PM  
horusosiris

I read through all of the post to catch up

Vintage workouts some suggestions for Vintage Wednesday- Karen Voight, Mindy Mylrea, Tracey Staehle, Gilad, a CIA workout, Abs of Steel, a P90X or P90x2 workout

I did see Cathe's video on her favorite equipment. I was not surprised because bands are very versatile.

Cataddict- glad you are enjoying DTDS.

I am going to the Yankee ad Orioles game this week

Chel- I think that Joel Embiid had a meltdown. I never knew him to be a 'dirty" player. I think the refs should have ejected him.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-24, 09:36 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… Vintage Wednesday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uE02x2ZIpQg

I plan on doing Chris’ challenge since I mostly only do her step classes.

Your in person step class sounds so fun!!! I do miss my gym cycling classes.

As for favorite equipment, it’s a toss up between my bike and step. Haha.

Horusosiris … I completely agree about Embiid. So disappointing! I was surprised he wasn’t ejected. He’s usually dramatic and falls to the floor often-Which drives me insane! But not usually a dirty player. Definitely lots of stress for him after his injury, recent losses, and now dealing with Bell’s Palsy. But unacceptable behavior!

This morning I started with a Live EDM cycling class followed by an Aerosmith run on my rebounder. Finished with PHA 3 Timesaver Premix-Last Half Only. Plus Ab Stacker and Extended Stretch.

Much warmer temps this week. I’m so excited! I love the heat vs cold.

Happy Sunday!
Old 04-28-24, 03:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Cataddict… Vintage Wednesday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uE02x2ZIpQg
Only if you wear a black lacy skirt/dress. Actually, that looks like it could be fun! I'll try to join for it. I still need to do that Gin one! What about original firms someday.... or are we only doing cardio those days? I use "we" loosely.

I'm going to have to talk to my son about Embiid -- I didn't hear what happened.

Yes, cataddict, it is a very nice ballpark in SF -- it seems like they are continuing to improve things in that area. It was quite nice walking around at night. horusosiris, enjoy your in person game this week!!

PL, let me know what you think of your Lia free trial. I did my first weighted ball workout last night -- the 30 minute one. I don't actually have a weighted ball, so I just used a two pound weight. Funny that she seemed to mostly focus on upper body but my legs felt it afterward. I think I'm still "cementing" the form she's looking for.

kittybug, I figured you might be the one most interested in Lia's workouts -- maybe someday you can check them out. I think you would like them, but who knows?! You seem to have figured out something you really enjoy!

I went to the beach and walked with a friend this morning -- so beautiful out there. Not really a workout since we had to amble with her dog, but it was very nice. I'll try to do another Lia this evening. I'm on a roll with it. Oh, one thing I found that I really liked to see is that if you have subscribed annually, she has sales a couple of times a year it looks like, and you can chance your subscription at that point to get the lower price. I don't think many instructors allow that.

Oh, Chele, my son is coming home for a quick visit sometime after May 10, like your daughter, and then heads off to his internship by May 28th. He doesn't have flights yet -- he only has one in person final. I know he was trying to leave earlier, but I think he will have to stay through the 10th (or nearly) for that in person final. I'm so excited to see him!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in