Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-20, 11:03 AM  
anetta

I also like season 13.

Love the streaming I think it is well worth the 14.95 per month.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 11:19 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
Is anyone familiar with Classical Stretch Vintage Collection DVD Box Set? I am drawn to them because they are listed as advanced, though the 1 hour workouts would be harder for me to work into my routine.
I used to do the Vintage Collection that had the 3 workouts...poolside, beachside, and spanish hallways. That was like 2004....they are very dated. Honestly, I think the newer selections are much better.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 11:31 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Is your local PBS airing Season 13? Or can you do the ETV free 2 week trial? Try out any you think you want to purchase?
Our PBS doesn't show any of them. I did the trial, but at the time there were only 2 or 3 posted.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 11:31 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by demeris View Post
yes
lol

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 03:58 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
CS is so not for me...and yet, I went and looked.
I wish I did click with it -- those are great prices!
Alison (and anyone else who does not click with CS),
Why don’t you like it?

I have never done CS, but I was thinking about picking up some titles as part of this sale. I am looking to add more mobility and flexibility into my weekly routines, and CS looks like a good match to supplement the yoga I am doing.

Would love some likes-don’t likes about CS. I seem to remember past threads but can not locate item.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 04:07 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
Why don’t you like it?

I have never done CS, but I was thinking about picking up some titles as part of this sale. I am looking to add more mobility and flexibility into my weekly routines, and CS looks like a good match to supplement the yoga I am doing.

Would love some likes-don’t likes about CS. I seem to remember past threads but can not locate item.
CD just feels so awkward and unnatural when I attempt it.
Also, I always seem to end up with a sore neck -- I'm sure I'm over doing something, but Miranda's cueing and move-descriptions leave a lot to be desired. I never feel like I'm doing it quite right.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 04:10 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
CD just feels so awkward and unnatural when I attempt it.
Also, I always seem to end up with a sore neck -- I'm sure I'm over doing something, but Miranda's cueing and move-descriptions leave a lot to be desired. I never feel like I'm doing it quite right.
You should try some of the other instructors if you don't click with Miranda...or her cuuing. I would agree that Miranda sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. I love her and her method...but wow the new instructors are exceptional.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 05:14 PM  
anetta

It took me a few tries at CS to get it.

You could try a short Facebook workout on Monday or Wednesday it has some of the instructors. If you check there is one still on there from Amanda and Sasha that are older.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 05:24 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I would agree that Miranda sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. I love her and her method...but wow the new instructors are exceptional.
I love Miranda. I did have, however, a learning curve when I first started doing classical stretch.

I also have to agree with Jackie that the new instructors are amazing when it comes to cueing. Their cueing and their form pointers are so much better than Miranda's that sometimes it's hard to to believe that Miranda is the originator of the program.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 06:25 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
Why don’t you like it?

I loved the concept of CS and the wonderful reports from Vfers but I did not care for Miranda's cueing or rambling. And I often came away with a pulled muscle or feeling like I had been beaten by a bag of rocks. I have done KBs, yoga, plyometrics, several schools of stretching, advanced rotations of all sorts without issue so that is saying something. I tried various CS dvds on several occasions and never came away feeling ok until I tried the stretch program with the three new instructors. I'm fairly certain that the difference was due to slower movement and careful cueing. Miranda did not actually invent the techniques used in CS (that school of stretching had been around for years prior) but she put it into a commercial program and used the techniques in a faster/more fluid movement than I originally learned. I had benefited from those stretches in the past and thought CS would be a perfect fit. However, the rapid/less precise pace was not a great match for me. It set off the protective mechanism (that prevents over-stretching/tearing) in my muscles and that just increased muscle tension. I think the sensitivity of that muscle response varies among individuals so it can take adjustment and experimentation to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I love Miranda. I did have, however, a learning curve when I first started doing classical stretch.

I also have to agree with Jackie that the new instructors are amazing when it comes to cueing. Their cueing and their form pointers are so much better than Miranda's that sometimes it's hard to to believe that Miranda is the originator of the program.
This. But I still appreciate Miranda because she did get the work into a more accessible commercial program and has apparently helped many people.

Tags
classical stretch, classical stretch seasons, pbs