Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-23, 06:17 PM  
furmomof6

Linda with Barlates recently did a Tracy-like four week program on her Youtube channel, which was very high rep. It follows the same premise as Metamorphosis - standing abs/unweighted arms, weighted arms, abs, lower body on the mat. I never clicked with Tracy, mostly due to of her lack of cueing, but I did like Linda's program a lot. I only made it through 2 weeks (and 2 days of week 3) before getting sick. I do recall the lower body moves in week 3 getting a bit too "creative" and hard to follow, but others might like it.

Here's the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rza_oB4053Nk_A

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-23, 06:31 PM  
MoFirmer

Furmom! Thank you for posting that one!! I had forgotten about it! I meant to check it out! Making a note of it now!
Old 11-09-23, 07:41 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Linda with Barlates recently did a Tracy-like four week program on her Youtube channel, which was very high rep. It follows the same premise as Metamorphosis - standing abs/unweighted arms, weighted arms, abs, lower body on the mat. I never clicked with Tracy, mostly due to of her lack of cueing, but I did like Linda's program a lot. I only made it through 2 weeks (and 2 days of week 3) before getting sick. I do recall the lower body moves in week 3 getting a bit too "creative" and hard to follow, but others might like it.

Here's the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rza_oB4053Nk_A
I did all 20! It was good rotation. I agree week 3 (and 4) moves were harder to follow. I could not set up and get the moves in the 10 second window she had (but that worked great for weeks 1 & 2).
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-23, 08:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh my gosh, such great info everyone! Keep it coming!

Eventmom, those are some seriously impressive results! Wow!

Vvfer, I tried the Mat workout (the hour one) last week and truly did find it rather zen, so I agree with your assessment. I really enjoyed it!! I've been adding the arms sections (both, unweighted and weighted) before my Tracey Mallet streaming workouts to get some extra upper body since I can't lift so much right now.

I'll have to check out Linda's workouts too. Too many workouts...not enough time...

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-23, 10:08 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post

Eventmom - Thank you for sharing! I have her Meta set and a lot of her other dvds and have yet to try them! You may push me in that direction! I always say what doesn't work for one person or you're not comfortable with might be a goldmine for another person! !
ya know - if you've got the dvds might as well break them out!
Old 11-10-23, 06:55 AM  
mandie123

I did 6 months of Meta when it first came out,and although I got great results,all the exercises on all fours ruined my hip,I loved her arms and waist exercises!
Old 11-10-23, 09:08 AM  
furmomof6

Mofirmer - you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
I did all 20! It was good rotation. I agree week 3 (and 4) moves were harder to follow. I could not set up and get the moves in the 10 second window she had (but that worked great for weeks 1 & 2).
Eventmom - Yeah, by the time I figured out some of the moves, she was almost done, lol. Great job doing all four weeks! I wish I could have finished. I'll have to revisit the first two weeks sometime. I liked those!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-23, 11:42 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post

Eventmom - Yeah, by the time I figured out some of the moves, she was almost done, lol. Great job doing all four weeks! I wish I could have finished. I'll have to revisit the first two weeks sometime. I liked those!
those were fun - not too hard not too easy.
Old 11-10-23, 02:30 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I did all 20 days of the Barlates Tighter Assets. I used the pause button if she changed too fast. I modified a lot of the floorwork and chair setups to standing -- I've done a lot of barre on DVD and in studio. My knees, bone on bone arthritis, are too sensitive to do a lot of kneeling or all 4's moves.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-23, 03:33 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
Okay I’ll risk getting flamed.
I could go on and on but…
Eventmom, thanks so much for the info! We're glad for all that you care to share.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates tighter assets, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson method