Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-12, 04:30 PM  
lesia

Talking 'SuperSets is a classic!

I'm on a Cathe kick again (getting revved up for XTrain) and I pulled out BodyBlast SuperSets. I have not done that workout in years!!! It's a perfect workout to go along with Cathe's newer ones (esp. with all the cardio/drill moves). This workout the way it's laid out could be released by Cathe today and it would still be good. 4 sets of "rounds" which are around 7-9 min each and if you go heavy enough, you will fry your muscles. I like that no move is repeated...keeps it fresh.

Even the Michael Jackson mix "You Are Not Alone" kept me motivated. Nothing "older" about this workout....It's gonna be a staple in my workout collection now. I also love all the premixes and mix&match she gave us too.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 05:03 PM  
Fitstick

I love this one too! It is easy to fit in since its under one hour.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 09:25 PM  
Mandy

Oh my! Your post is perfect timing. I was just going to post about Cathe's Supersets/Bodyblast because I just did it last night and I've falling in love with it. There are so many premixes!!! I decided to do the 90+ premix where each round is repeated twice..whew, let me tell you, by the time I got to Round 2 group B, I was spent and had cut out the shoulders.

Time does fly doing Round 1 Group A legs, back, chest,shoulders,abs. Round 1 Group B(different exercises) Legs,back,chest,shoulders, abs. Round 2 Group A Legs, shoulders, biceps, triceps, abs. Round 2 Group B (different exercises) Legs, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Abs.

The only thing that I didn't like was too much shoulder work. I wish she would have put in back instead of shoulders for Round 2. Or just cut out the shoulders in Round 2. she does work back in Round 1 but its just in deadlifts and pull overs. On second thought, I can always sub 1 arm row in Round 1 Group B shoulders when Cathe does the single arm rotator cuff exercise...just thinking as I type

I also wished she would have made an all ab premix. I just love the ab work in each round.

One thing I loved about Supersets is that she does the Bulgarian lunge that Amy Bento does in drop sets. This exercise gives me the same burn as the Firm leg press but is easier on the knees. I have to look at all my Cathe leg workouts and see which workouts have Bulgarian lunges. As I recall, STS has them.

The premixes are amazing! The all leg blast repeats all the leg exercises from Supersets 3 times(squats, Deadlifts, plie squats and bulgarian lunge). Well, not all, the lunge/dip combo from Round 2 Group B isn't done. And its just 30 minutes! Another short but tough workout by Cathe

As I recall her new Tri Sets from her LIS(Low Impact Series) is similiar to Supersets in that it uses the stability ball as well as moves from one exercise to another. It has the same feel.

Thanks for starting this thread!
Old 10-13-12, 10:21 PM  
workoutjunkie

I agree! I posted something similar a few months ago after I pulled out this dusty DVD and gave it another go. Love Push Pull too. Great total body workouts in under an hour. Great premixes. Classic Cathe.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-12, 07:54 AM  
lesia

So glad I started this post because I've got lots of Cathe "cardio" Circuits in my rotation and needed some strength work. SuperSets is one that fits that bill.

Mandy, I'll have to check out the premixes! I love all the lower body work as well.

I've got TriSets and will have to check it out.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-12, 06:59 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I really like both Push/Pull and Supersets and I wish Cathe would make some more like it. I like that these are both under an hour and that they have great music.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe supersets, supersets