Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-24, 09:48 AM  
T2B

Hi All,

My workouts:

23. CIZE: HYO + BOSS LOOPS: Glutes & Core + CIZE: HYO. I really didn’t like using the Boss Loops either. I felt it but it still didn’t feel like enough. Next time I’ll use my tubing or maybe light weights.
24. STEP BOSS: PHA3
25. LITE: Metabolic Blast: Mish Mosh Premix - Double Standing Metabolic Blast + JAZZERCISE: Dancin’ Abs: 30 Minute Premix. P.M. CIZE: HYO. Last time I did Metabolic Blast, I realized that I didn’t like the floor section of Metabolic Blast. I liked the Double Standing premix a lot.
26. rest day…

Gibbee - good to hear from you. Prayers for your family. Enjoy your vacation. Where are you going to watch the eclipse? I assume you already have your reservations, it’s going to be a busy travel day. Even though we are not close to the path of the total eclipse all the hotels in my area are booked. MODOT is already predicting that the interstate will be a nightmare on that day.

JB - I think I’m going to revisit Drill Max soon. I don’t reach for some of Cathe’s older workouts either. I enjoy Pure Strength and Gym Styles though. I dread the workouts where Cathe did a thousand low ends.

I’ve been streaming a lot lately, and I’ve watched quite a few duds. I think I’m going to start Manhunt, on Apple TV+ next.

karjoy - your walking group sounds like a lot of fun.

Vannie - are you getting snow?

Great news - no jury duty. Cancelled, and off the table for at least another 2 years.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 08:01 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Yesterday I went with a friend to PH and we ran/walked 3.5 miles on the mill with a 5 minute warmup. Today was Burn for upper body which was a real burner. 4 sets and that 4th set was a bit of a struggle. Glad that is done.

T2B yay for no jury duty!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 05:14 PM  
JBliff

My workout Monday was Intensity Upper Body Pyramid up premix. Tuesday's workout was a walk + Killer Legs.

T2B - I still like Muscle Max. Haven't done Pure Strength in forever. That's great you didn't have to do jury duty. I've been called 3 times and twice were not selected, and the third time the trial got canceled. I know someone who's going to Austin TX for the eclipse. People sure take it seriously.

Karjoy - Four sets of anything is one set too many for me!

BTW, I got my replacement Fitbit today. I'm happy to be back in business!

Waves to all. Have a good evening.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 01:51 PM  
Vantreesta

Really not much to report here. I think I picked up a cold bug at the mall and started feeling sick the following Wednesday. I finally felt better yesterday and didn't take a nap and did 3 walks for the first time in almost a week. I ran errands to pick up stuff I was out of or almost out of and boy did that add up! Plus I had to pick up Cyric's heartworm and flea/tick preventatives. Ouch! It's hard to believe I paid double that for so many years with two dogs.

We got snow on Sunday, I think they said about 7", but then it turned to freezing rain and then to just heavy rain, so nearly all the snow is gone. Hubby did shovel once. Hmm..actually, that may have been on Friday, I think we got a couple inches then. The days seriously got all confused for me with both of us sick and him coming home early on Friday. We were supposed to play D&D on Sunday but rescheduled. It's supposed to be mostly highs in the 40s for the next week then they're saying 60s but we'll see.

I had just started a new rotation when I got sick so I'm just going to restart it on Monday. I'd like to run tmrw but we'll see. I'm still coughing some and don't really want to set off a fit. I for sure will jump rope so I don't lose my consecutive week streak! I've spent the last couple mornings trying to catch up on my logs, so I haven't been very active yet.

So excited today is baseball opening day! My Twins don't play till 3:10 so I've got a few things to get done before then. I will have to miss a little to walk Cyric and run an errand with hubby, but hopefully it won't take too long, and at least I can listen while I do those things. GO TWINS!!

Tue 3/19 43 minutes
43 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.65 mi)
Pedometer: 9342 steps, 4.51 mi/Fitbit: 10901 steps, 5.15 mi

Wed 3/20 80 minutes
18 minutes (from Yoga with Joelle -Yoga for SI JOINT PAIN - 20 min Stretches for Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan -Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.75 mi)
Pedometer: 11720 steps, 5.65 mi/Fitbit: 11892 steps, 5.64 mi

Thu 3/21 21 minutes
21 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.29 mi) came down with a cold, trying to get more rest
Pedometer: 6264 steps, 3.03 mi/Fitbit: 6832 steps, 3.26 mi

Fri 3/22 26 minutes
26 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.62 mi) resting
Pedometer: 6366 steps, 3.04 mi/Fitbit: 6035 steps, 2.85 mi

Sat 3/23 20 minutes
20 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.28 mi) resting
Pedometer: 5262 steps, 2.57 mi/Fitbit: 6569 steps, 3.14 mi

Sun 3/24 0 minutes
still resting with a cold
Pedometer: 2538 steps, 1.29 mi/Fitbit: 2609 steps, 1.23 mi

Mon 3/25 0 minutes
still resting with a cold
Pedometer: 3136 steps, 1.57 mi/Fitbit: 3591 steps, 1.7 mi

Tue 3/26 39 minutes
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S4E4 Blooming Sunset, TV) 1st time
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
10 minutes (from 1 dog walks .65 mi)
Pedometer: 4621 steps, 2.26 mi/Fitbit: 5197 steps, 2.37 mi

Wed 3/27 49 minutes
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
44 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.79 mi) finally have some energy again!
Pedometer: 12600 steps, 6.1 mi/Fitbit: 12719 steps, 6.05 mi
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 08:01 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie love your detailed report. Just my 2 cents worth: don’t run too hard till your cough settles down some. I have mild asthma which acts up some with a cold and the first run or 2 after being sick makes me cough more. Gosh we are having a time with allergies down here!

Jbliff and Vannie, I want to get a FitBit. What kind do you guys have? Does is clip on to clothes?

Tonight I practiced all out sprints: 3 X 10 meters with 90-120 second rest between each set and 3 X 20 meters with 3 min rest between each set. My legs are as tired as if I ran 4-5 miles. Ouch
Old 03-29-24, 01:48 PM  
JBliff

Drive by. checkin: Wednesday's workout was Tabatacise. Thursday's workout was Flextrain.

Karjoy - I have the Inspire 3. You can clip it to clothes.
Old 03-30-24, 07:32 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. It’s a lovely weekend here. Today 5 of us did a hilly 10K run/walk to mimic the hilly conditions in our springtime race next weekend.

Yesterday another friend and I walked about 50 minutes around a local man made lake/pond. We saw baby ducks! It was so nice outside that it was quite crowded.

Thanks for the FitBit Jbliff.

Happy Weekend!
Old 03-30-24, 11:47 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I have a Fitbit Charge 4. It's a wrist-worn tracker. I'm still only on week 1 of the 10k trainer so the run intervals are only 1 minute long, but I agree with you that I won't push too hard if I start coughing too much.

I didn't end up running yet but I'm hoping maybe tmrw. In btwn making deviled eggs and pie for tmrw and the start of the Twins game I did a short jump rope workout today and then some stretching. I didn't want to lose my consecutive-weeks streak, and now it stands at 11.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-24, 09:51 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout Friday was Step, Jump & Pump step & hi/lo premix. I don't know why I don't do SJP more. The music is great and the choreography is not too tough. Saturday's workout was a 30-minute walk + PHA 3.

Karjoy - We are having great spring weather here too. Glad you were able to enjoy a walk by the pond.

Vannie - That's a pretty good streak of rope jumping. That is such great exercise.

Hi to T2B, Cher and Gibbee.
Old 03-31-24, 03:27 PM  
T2B

Hi All,

27. LIS: Athletic Training
28. LITE: Cardio Party. P.M. CIZE: Hold Your Own x 2
29. BOSS LOOPS: Glutes & Core Timesaver 32 (no floor work, glutes or core, 27m) + JAZZERCISE: Burlesque 20 Minute Quick Fix. I used my firewalker band up until the lunge segment. I need loops with more resistance because the workout still doesn’t feel like enough. I like the workout, just not a fan of the loops. I may sub in a Fit Tower workout next time.
30. JAZZERCISE: Burlesque, 47m. Last time I did the full workout was a little over 2 years ago. It’s a really good workout that I should do more often. I also did a lot of YT line dances. I’m interested in live line dance classes but unfortunately we don’t have anything like that around my area.
31. BOSS BANDS: Total Body. I used tubing this time, much better than the bands but still not a favorite. It’s great for low energy days though.

I saw Dune Part 2, I enjoyed it a lot, but I have many questions. It’s a long movie but time flew by, still, I wish it was longer. . Also, still loving Shogun, it is my favorite series of 2024.

JB - glad you have your replacement Fitbit. Great workouts.

Vannie - impressive streak. Do you use an actual jumprope or the handles with the weighted ball at the end?

Karjoy - Glad you’re enjoying your walks so much. I have a FITBIT Versa 2 , it has a wrist band. I like the Versa 2, I started using it in December. I only care about the step count, exercise tracking, heart rate info. Occasionally, I’ll do sleep tracking but my sleep is great so I’m not as interested in that feature. The only negative, and not really a negative, is that I have to charge my Versa 2 once a week. I could go for 2+ weeks before I had to charge my Charge 2.

Waves~~~

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote