Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-24, 08:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I haven't tried this channel, but I saw this link and thought of you:
youtube.com/@ImprovedHealthChairWorkouts

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 10:08 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Strong & Limber for Life (Upper Body workout plus abs and calves)

This morning I'll also will be doing the Lying Practice from Jane Adams Gentle Yoga DVD.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 04:35 PM  
cyana

File today under Adventures in Working From Home. The power went out around 10:30-ish this AM - while I was on a Teams video call. Fortunately, it was my team and the boss, and not with an outside client/vendor. I set up my cell phone as a hot spot and was able to run my laptop on battery and reconnect to the meeting. Poor DH was at an eye appointment several blocks away - in the middle of the actual exam when the power went out, so he has to go back next week to get that wrapped up. They even released the private school kids about a block away. The power came back on a little after noon, and just as I was trying to get my dual displays and such straightened out, I hear a knock at the door. It was one of the guys from the electric company, letting me know the power would be out for several more hours! I have something big I'm working on that's due tomorrow, and we had some computer training scheduled with an external vendor this afternoon, so the training had to be rescheduled and I got the due date on the big thing pushed back to Monday. The power has just been restored - after 4 PM. I have my work laptop charging directly into the wall to give it a boost before I crank it back up, as the poor battery was totally drained. What a crazy day!

On a positive note, DH and I got to sit out on the front porch all afternoon and watch the crews moving the transformer, several street lights, and the power lines from multiple houses (including ours) onto new poles, and it is an absolutely beautiful day here. Our weeping cherry is starting to bloom and buds are popping out everywhere. And a cute little lizard was cruising around on the porch railing.

Thanks for letting me know Kaleigh has two channels. I love pet work-out helpers.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 05:02 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Tuesday's Workout: Was back with Lauren of Senior Shape on YouTube. I did her routine for Painful Knees, which consisted of standing leg lifts to the front and side, bridges on the floor, then lots of stretches (I do love that Lauren stretches a lot). Finished with a 10-minute floor stretch with Lauren.

Wednesday: No workout -- oops. I did, however, get a pedicure.

Today's Workout: I pulled out Fitness Fix Sports Conditioning and did the Upper Body Fix. I consider this the best well-rounded upper body workout I own on DVD so I wanted to see how it adapted to being done either seated or lying on a bench (constructed with my Club Step and extra risers). It worked fine except for the push-up sequence. Finished with the upper body stretch our Cyana found for me! It was pretty basic but well-taught and effective.

Beth: Thank you for the link to more seated workouts on YouTube. For several weeks after surgery I'll be limited as far as standing/weight bearing, so I appreciate all the seated workouts I'm finding on YouTube.

Cyana: Your adventure was a nice illustration of the difference between working a stressful job and being retired. If you were retired you could have just sat on the porch the whole time and not worry about conducting business with no computer or internet!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 07:40 PM  
YogaGal

Wednesday was a day off of exercise.

Thursday:
Jessica Smith’s “Waistline Walk” from her 5 Mix & Match Miles dvd
AND
Yoga with Uliana’s 10-min Back Stretches Routine for Flexible Back
This yoga practice was one suggested by YouTube and while I had some slight difficulty understanding her comments due to her accent, I really enjoyed the poses and appreciated that they were held long enough for a stretch (not a flow). She included several of my favorites: Child’s Pose, Thread the Needle, Down Dog, and Sphinx. Will definitely do this again sometime I need a quick, but good, back stretch!

cyana: What a crazy morning with the power outage! I’m glad you were able to enjoy something positive from it by enjoying the beautiful day outside including the blooms and wildlife.

Sandra: It’s great that you are building up a good repertoire of chair workouts in preparation for your recovery time post-surgery.
Old 03-08-24, 08:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Friday! Spring Break is next week so I'm excited. I took off M, Th, & F - but Tuesday is my remote day, so I'll only be in the office on Wed next week.

But it's starting off in a challenging way - my sisters are having a conversation with our Dad this afternoon about moving to assisted living. It's going to be hard b/c it's not really a choice; he can't stay with my sister any longer, and he can't live on his own. But the good news is that we found a great place for him very close to my sister. It's going to be a tough transition, but I truly think he'll do well once he gets there. Anyway, send some good vibes my way this afternoon!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-08-24, 08:45 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

I don't know why, when I type the singing emojis, I always think of Max, the Grinch's dog, blowing his trumpet as they're hurtling down the mountain to Whoville/Who-ville! As I've noted previously, the original Grinch is my absolute favorite Christmas show and it never gets old.

Sandra - Good for you for getting a pedicure - hope a nice foot massage came with it. Funny you said that about working versus being retired and not having to deal with craziness like the power outage and not being able to work - I was thinking the exact same thing! I'm about ready to make a decision on going to part-time to transition to retirement versus just pulling the plug. I've watched a number of videos from financial planners who have good, common sense information for real people and aren't alarmist, such as "You need $10 million dollars to retire or you'll have to go back to work when you're 80." I'm enjoying Will's YT channel (HT Physio) - nothing flashy or gimmicky, just good explanations of why we need to do certain types of exercises to combat the effects of aging and conditions such as arthritis, sarcopenia, etc. You've definitely gotten your money's worth out of the Fitness Fix Sports Condition video.

Carolyn - I love Sphinx pose. When I used to go to a Saturday afternoon yoga class at the neighborhood studio, my instructor would include sphinx every week, because he knew I loved it. I love spring - I'm like a little kid every time I find new buds or flowers or any evidence that nature is waking up from winter's slumber.

I think it's time to rescue my coffee from the French Press. Hope everyone has a great day and week-end.

Old 03-08-24, 08:47 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
TGIF!!!

I don't know why, when I type the singing emojis, I always think of Max, the Grinch's dog, blowing his trumpet as they're hurtling down the mountain to Whoville/Who-ville! As I've noted previously, the original Grinch is my absolute favorite Christmas show and it never gets old.
I love this! And of course I agree 100% about The Grinch (and NOT the movie version).

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-08-24, 08:48 AM  
cyana

Beth - We were cross-posting. Sending positive energy to you, your sisters and your dad as you work through this transition. Big ((hugs)) to all. Hooray for your days off next week!

ETA: I consider the Grinch movie to be sacrilege!!! Don't mess with perfection.

Old 03-08-24, 10:01 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Beth - We were cross-posting. Sending positive energy to you, your sisters and your dad as you work through this transition. Big ((hugs)) to all. Hooray for your days off next week!

ETA: I consider the Grinch movie to be sacrilege!!! Don't mess with perfection.
Thank you cyana - and again I agree with all of your points.

Follow me @YogiBethC