Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-21, 04:41 AM  
ChelePA

Up early. Headed to NYC. Feeling energetic this morning so I decided to get my workout done. Week 1, Day 3 of the Heather Rotation. I remember seeing a post that Heather was stepping out of her comfort zone to try kickboxing routines. I think she only has 2 of them. They both use light hand weights to increase intensity. Simple kicks and jabs. I agree Manleym that there are other instructors better in this area. More intermediate level but does have a nice cardio effect. I actually only did one round as a warm-up then did the 10 minute low impact tabata, which was a great add on. I wanted to try a few of Caroline’s newer shorter releases. So I did the 15 minute wall sit challenge. I really liked this one! She does variations and adds a leg exercise between each one. My legs felt the burn. No rest in between. I finished with the 15 minute engaging abs and core workout using weights plus bodyweight. Excellent workout! Nice variety done at a slower pace to really feel it.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 05:11 AM  
IceQueen07

Today was WK2, Day 3 - Low Impact Hiit Cardio which I will do again. I really like Heather's low impact because they are truly low impact and as I get older, I don't like a lot of jumping and high impact stuff, my knees rebel when I do high impact stuff. This was followed up with her Standing Side Booty and Mini Band for Strong Glutes. My glutes were toast by the end of all three of these workouts. I like how this rotation may come to almost an hour each day, but there are different workouts for the most part so you can just do one or two.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 06:44 AM  
ChelePA

IceQueen...I agree about Heather’s rotation. I like the flexibility of longer or shorter workouts. Or if you want to do the main one and add in other instructors like I did today.
Old 03-31-21, 08:19 AM  
buffmama

I did Caroline's 1 Hour Full Body No Equipment Calisthenics. Great workout! Wasn't sure what to expect but it really gets everything, killing you softy as we say. Followed with Anna's Intense No Repeat 12 min Tabata Mix No Equipment. Yup, totally done after those two.
Old 03-31-21, 09:24 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I did Caroline's 1 Hour Full Body No Equipment Calisthenics. Great workout! Wasn't sure what to expect but it really gets everything, killing you softy as we say. Followed with Anna's Intense No Repeat 12 min Tabata Mix No Equipment. Yup, totally done after those two.
I need to try the Caroline one.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 07:40 AM  
buffmama

Caroline's Spontaneous (random order) Full Body HIIT No Equipment. Good, variations on burpees, and a bunch of pushups. Followed with Ultimate Abs and Glutes no equipment workout. They played well together. I just couldn't stomach 20 min of Caroline's ab work today. I'm going to mix and match Caroline for a week before heading into a formal plan.
Old 04-01-21, 07:48 AM  
Erica H.

Chest/Triceps from Epic 2 and used my spin bike. Snowing here!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 08:47 AM  
ChelePA

I am continuing with the Heather Rotation. Day 4: Kettlebell HIIT Workout // Full Body HIIT Workout (36:30 minutes) + Optional 12 Minute HIIT // Upper Body Workout Using Kettlebells (13 minutes) + Quick Daily Stretching Routine (10:30 minutes)... For the Full Body, she used 15 pounds and for the upper body lifted 8 kg. I used basically the same weights, sometimes slightly heavier for upper body. She runs through a circuit in both then repeats it twice. I am not a fan of repetition but both moved quickly so time went by fast. I did a quick 10 minute recovery cycling class then followed up with the stretch. Simple and effective to end the workout.
Old 04-01-21, 08:48 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Caroline's Spontaneous (random order) Full Body HIIT No Equipment. Good, variations on burpees, and a bunch of pushups. Followed with Ultimate Abs and Glutes no equipment workout. They played well together. I just couldn't stomach 20 min of Caroline's ab work today. I'm going to mix and match Caroline for a week before heading into a formal plan.
I really liked this HIIT even with my modifications since I wasn't up for full burpees and push-ups that day.
Old 04-02-21, 07:11 AM  
buffmama

Caroline's original 45 min Full Body KB Workout. It would have been great to do prior to the KB series as it's a lighter weight and some different movements (halos, Turkish getups, windmills). She used 10kg, I used 15 and 20lbs, 25lbs for the DL to upright rows. Solid workout.

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle