Susie,

cannot wait to hear your impressions!

bounce in good health
Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 04:18 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Thanks so much, Barb, for the great info! I think I will be happy with the 350 - the 370 would be real nice but it's a bit above my budget right now especially I will be wanting the new UR workouts too! You should definitely be a Jumpsport sales rep!

Susie - I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks!
Old 03-28-11, 05:49 PM  
sma3584

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
The legs don't fold away on the Jumpsport do they? That might be an issue with storage for me.
I was just in the exact same situation as you! I knew I wanted a rebounder and was trying to decide between an Urban Rebounder and a Jumpsport. I knew the Jumpsport always got rave reviews, but I was concerned when I read on the Qi Bounding site that if you weigh less than 140 lbs, the difference between springs and bungee isn't as noticeable. I also would be putting away the rebounder after each use and not keeping it out and set up so I didn't like that the Jumpsport didn't fold. I was patient and kept checking online because I knew you could get an Urban Rebounder for cheap. Just recently, I got one on Craigslist for $30! Even if I eventually want to upgrade to a Jumpsport, I spent so little on the UR that I don't feel bad even if I only use it for a few months or so. I'd recommend checking Craigslist to see if you can get a good deal on an UR. Plus, if you're not sure yet if you like rebounding or don't know how often you'll do it, the Jumpsport is kind of a pricey experiment. I've been using my Urban Rebounder a good amount since I picked it up and it works great for the fast-paced rebounding workouts that I have!
sma3584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-11, 04:33 AM  
CarlaShanti

I quite like my Trimilin ProPlus.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 02:06 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Susie, did you get the Jumpsport yet?
Old 04-07-11, 02:34 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit View Post
Susie, did you get the Jumpsport yet?
Hi Tracy,

Yes, it came in yesterday and I immediately put it together and have been bouncing on it periodically (when I need a break from my work). I it; so much nicer than my UR or Yogaflex. I love the bungee cords over the springs and soooo much quieter. The rebounder is very well made; sturdy and solid. I like that the firmness is adjustable; it came adjusted for the soft bounce but I adjusted it to a medium bounce. I don't think I will have any problems doing the UR type of workouts now that I've learned how to bounce the UR way (from that UR thread). I don't understand why they suggest the user to have a minimum weight of 140 pounds; I'm over 20 pounds under that and have no problem bouncing whatsoever. I haven't put the handlebar on yet but that is very sturdy as well. I hope to be able to use the handlebar like a ballet barre; I think it will be sturdy enough and I like that the bar height is adjustable. The Costco package package deal is definitely worth the price (IMO). Haven't tried the DVD workouts yet.

Barb S, thanks so much for recommending this rebounder.
Old 04-09-11, 11:17 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I am really loving this Jumpsport rebounder; what a difference the bungee cords make over the springs. So fluid and so much quieter. I also set up the handlebar that came with my Costco set and I love that also. Because it's adjustable I can use it with my barre workouts in place of a chair or a ballet barre. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure I can do the standing barre work on top of the rebounder which will make it more challenging since the instability will force me to keep my core engaged. I have wrists issues which prevents me from doing too much of the TA Meta floor workouts but I think placing my hands on the rebounder rather than the floor will alleviate some of my wrist pain. Overall, a great purchase for me and I can see myself using it alot.
Old 04-09-11, 04:22 PM  
laurajhawk

This is pretty interesting ... I got a BodyBurner several years ago but haven't used it much, and have never had another rebounder. The BodyBurner has webbing straps instead of either bungees or springs; I believe it's similar to the YogFlex in that respect. Does anyone know how the bounce of the BodyBurner compares to the ones being discussed here? I've mostly used it freestyling and a little bit with non-rebounder-specific DVDs, so I can't judge whether it's "fast" or "slow".

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 04:34 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
This is pretty interesting ... I got a BodyBurner several years ago but haven't used it much, and have never had another rebounder. The BodyBurner has webbing straps instead of either bungees or springs; I believe it's similar to the YogFlex in that respect. Does anyone know how the bounce of the BodyBurner compares to the ones being discussed here? I've mostly used it freestyling and a little bit with non-rebounder-specific DVDs, so I can't judge whether it's "fast" or "slow".
Bodyburner is the worse bounce of all I have tried.
The similar YogFlex was my favorite for a long time cuz larger and the mat was more giving than that of the Bodyburner's. Only thing they had in common was the tilting option. I keep my Bodyburner tilted for lunges but rarely use it. Never bounce on it.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 08:43 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
... I got a BodyBurner several years ago but haven't used it much, and have never had another rebounder. The BodyBurner has webbing straps instead of either bungees or springs; Does anyone know how the bounce of the BodyBurner compares to the ones being discussed here? ".
I have a YogFlex, but don't use it anymore. IMHO, it really doesn't have a 'bounce', just some give. The spring and bungee rebounders have a lot more bounce (they actually rebound you) and all the ones I've tried are way softer than the straps.

I use a Bellicon bungee now, and love it, but have had URs before, and a Needak (or something like that) and enjoyed all of them. I use them more for Leslie's stuff, plyo moves, to freestyle to music, etc., than for actuall rebounder workouts.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jumpsport, reboundair, rebounder, trampoline, urban rebounder