Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-17, 02:06 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
Oh, and I noticed in the last year+ since I last visited her website, she's added like a gazillion videos. Again, info is pretty nil. Does anyone have any recommendations for her w/os that are shorter 40 min. or less or that can be easily done partially (without missing a whole side or anything) and that have a decent amount of floorwork in them? And that are possibly a bit easier than her standard workout? I'm looking for some fresh stuff, and I like Sylwia's personality and the gorgeous settings of her outdoor workouts. I just don't want a ton of super grueling standing, plank/down dog work.

TIA for any input or info!
Hi Shelley,

I will preface by saying I don't have all of her new workouts, but unfortunately many of them are on the longer side, and are more rather than less grueling...for me at least it feels like that There hasn't been a generous amount of mat work in her downloads since the Hawaii series, which I think are my favorite because they are fun and innovative but not grueling. Of course Budapest Mat is all mat work and falls within your timeframe.

For not as grueling, shorter workouts that are newer, my recommendations would be Spain San Sebastian Parts 1 and 2, Costa Rica Get Dirty (50 minutes but she switches sides frequently, feels more doable), Tokyo Express (I wasn't as crazy about Onsen Express due to the 'breakdance' moves), Empire Budapest and Vienna, and Infinity #1 which is actually only about 40 minutes, not 60 as advertised. Infinity is fun but it does have a lot of handstands and some breakdance if I remember (both of which I like in small doses but they can quickly become overwhelming if there's 20 sets of them , YMMV)
Old 04-05-17, 06:31 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I just went to see if I could find a preview of The Box, since I also like mat work. No preview to be found as ssgilby said, but I noticed that on the front page with the description, it says the price is $5.99 but then when you click to add it into your cart it's $10. She must have had a sale and not changed all the prices.
Yes, I noticed it too. I was prepared to buy anyway, but when I attempted to check out, Windows gave me a big red warning that the site had been reported as unsafe and that I should exercise caution. I elected not to proceed. I've purchased downloadable workouts off Sylwia's site before and haven't had a problem, but I thought I'd rather be safe than sorry. I e-mailed Sylwia about it and asked for her input on which workouts I might like, but that was a few days ago, and I haven't received a response.

Thanks to everyone for the input. If Sylwia ever gets back to me, I may purchase The Box and possible one or two others that were mentioned.

I actually don't like her old Mat Workout, but it gets tedious. Would love something similar but shorter. LOL!

Tags
legs up the wall