Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-24, 03:12 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Arrow Binge-watching: 2024

I've been watching a lot of Japanese movies and TV shows.

Currently on Amazon Prime, I am watching The Honest Realtor. It's about a Japanese real estate agent who is cursed to only tell the truth. It's pretty funny.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 04:14 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

We've been burning through period dramas - Upstairs, Downstairs on Brit Box then The Gilded Age on Max. I keep looking for another Downton Abby but no luck so far. The two shows mentioned were good but not on the same level.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 04:25 PM  
sherry7899

I am watching Northern Exposure on Amazon Prime. I am up to season four. I have not seen it in decades so it is like watching a new show.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 06:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

annette, we have been burning through BritBox series too—can’t even name them all! Currently we are watching Luther with Idris Elba being my eye candy --double bonus that he is also a talented actor--but will be finished with it in a couple of days. Have Upstairs Downstairs on our watchlist but may pick another crime drama type show next. Funny but we don’t watch any of the “true crime” shows but like the scripted fictional shows. For period drama, we tend to look at PBS for shows like World on Fire which is excellent IMHO if you haven’t seen it.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 06:34 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
annette, we have been burning through BritBox series too—can’t even name them all! Currently we are watching Luther with Idris Elba being my eye candy --double bonus that he is also a talented actor--but will be finished with it in a couple of days. Have Upstairs Downstairs on our watchlist but may pick another crime drama type show next. Funny but we don’t watch any of the “true crime” shows but like the scripted fictional shows. For period drama, we tend to look at PBS for shows like World on Fire which is excellent IMHO if you haven’t seen it.
Luther was an excellent show; might watch it again since it's been a few years. There's a crime drama on BritBox with Helen Mirren called Prime Suspect. It's kind of dated, from the 90's I think but so good. Will check out World On Fire. Thanks for the suggestion!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 06:58 PM  
Leonana

I’ve been watching The Brokenwood Mysteries and The Madame Blanc Mysteries on Acorn. Now I’m watching Big Bang Theory on Max.
Old 03-07-24, 07:11 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am watching Northern Exposure on Amazon Prime. I am up to season four. I have not seen it in decades so it is like watching a new show.
Sherry- Dh and I have been watching Northern Exposure, too! We were so excited to see it on Prime. I gasped when he mentioned he had never seen the show before! I had a film class in college and my professor said that it was the only decent show on tv (at the time ).
Old 03-07-24, 07:13 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
We've been burning through period dramas - Upstairs, Downstairs on Brit Box then The Gilded Age on Max. I keep looking for another Downton Abby but no luck so far. The two shows mentioned were good but not on the same level.
Have you seen the two Downton movies? They're streaming.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 07:15 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Have you seen the two Downton movies? They're streaming. How about Bridgerton or its prequel Queen Charlotte?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 07:15 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

We’re making our way through The Man in the High Castle on Prime. It’s excellent.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, favorite tv shows, off topic, off-topic