Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-24, 07:51 AM  
Buzzer

9.98 miles of walking... DONE!

HAHA! It is brutal. So my left littlest toe was being squished in my water shoes on Thursday. Luckily I just had bare feet at the waterpark, however I had to wear shoes on the bus plus on the walk to and from, and my little toe took a beating! She's angry. Then, how I adjusted my walk to avoid hurting my little toe too much must have put some work into my calves, because yesterday and today my calves are like little rocks. So achey! PLUS, I got a blister yesterday on my right toe (next to the littlest toe), so I would tell my family after some sitting that it was taking me a bit to get my engines running. I was just aching.

Today I have bandages on my blister, my little toe there's nothing I can do with that, and I will take Advil for my calves. So at the last hotel, when I wanted to workout, I would have to pay $15 to use the workout room. DH and I found the workout room last night, and he asked if I was going to use it. I told him I'm bummed because it's a nice workout room, it's free while staying here, but I do NOT want to workout!!

We walked around Island of Adventure and Universal park yesterday, which were both really fun. LB LOVED Jurassic Park, and I loved Minion world!!! The minions are amazing. They had a villain con ride and gift shop, and I loved it! I didn't buy anything, but it was good.

We left half of the park unexplored because we were exhausted. We will do it today... LB was asking when we would head back to the room, and I was so tired I wasn't sure I'd have the energy to be excited for the rest of the park. So today willl be good. DH said we could just take the day off, however I would like to see the rest! So probably half rest, half explore. The rides are more thrill rides than we are interested in, and that's a bummer. We loved Dr Seuss land that was calm. Even the VR type rides are crazy! They put you in a cart, put on a vr movie so you visually are moving, then move the cart to match so you feel as if you are traveling. In reality, you go nowhere. It's very interesting.

Anyhow lots of walking, exploring, and fun. We are exhausted though!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 12:40 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - caribbean aerobics hi/lo + essentrics lower body

buzzer - honestly I don't miss the theme park travel part of our life, not that we did that much of that. sounds like a fun family trip.

waves ebianco & lucie!
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-24, 09:12 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up with the end of my workout week.

Saturday-some youtube cardio before Epic 3 Day 18 biceps/triceps/abs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh4m...juFXy&index=20). This one was tough but actually made more manageable because every other complex was abs, which broke up the upper body nicely. But it was of course killer.

Yesterday-I started the first 15 minutes of this "TRAMPIT" rebound workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb_4...ndex=44&t=996s) and it was really good, but got my heart rate so high and there was so much more I wanted to do, didn't want to lose all my stamina, so then did other floor cardio to round out a half hour. Then I did Barlates Endurance 30 upper body focus (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5hq...QNQca&index=73) THEN I did most of Barlates Endurance 30 dynamic burn, which was lower body Tonique style (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDY...QNQca&index=74) but started stretching when she hit abs, since I'd already hit them in the upper body workout. For an overall 86 minute workout! Whew! I have learned that when Linda says "dynamic" in the title it equals Tonique-style. The Tonique-style work is made MUCH more manageable in 30-second intervals even though she worked one leg for several sets before switching. I'll definitely do these again! And so glad Linda was able to get her youtube channel back.

Eventmom Yeah Caroline's workouts really are polished and I really want to support her when they get through the app bugs.

The barefoot cardio looks good! When I hit the link I thought it would be Ellen Barrett's barefoot cardio LOL.

Buzzer Oh no sorry about your feet and calves!! I hope you feel better soon.

I hear you about running out of steam when you're on vacation and trying to fit it all in. I have definitely been there!!
Old 03-11-24, 01:54 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - sara ivanhoe 20 min yoga/ took my horse to a riding lesson/ came home did a jacqulyn umoff lower body mobility & around 8 min of ravi & ana
today - stretches from barre amped stretch (around 35 min)

ebianco - that's funny that I posted the wrong workout this should be it! she's a good source of low impact and barefoot workouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFP...Wk1xp1&index=7

glad linda got her youtube channel back!

waves buzzer and lucie!
Old 03-12-24, 05:38 AM  
Buzzer

Walked way too much... all done!

We are home now. We logged about 7+ miles every day except one!!! I don't remember which day, but we only did 3 1/2 miles and I remember being very surprised. Lots of walking!! LB has blisters all over one of her feet, I have a few toes wrapped in band aids. My calves stopped cramping and felt good, then last night I had a dream my calf was cramping up into a ball and I stretched it. Must have been true because that calf hurts again!!!! I will have to take my magnesium.

Yesterday night and last night I slept like CRAP. Seriously. I was able to sleep a bit on the plane yesterday coming home, which if you remember I could not sleep a wink all night on the plane from Hawaii. I slept only like 20 minutes, but it was enough to revive me. We got home about 9pm so I slept enough to get us home!!!! I think it was the gelato at 8pm the night before. I felt awful all night.

So yesterday at the airport, LB got some gelato. Not remembering my previous experience apparently, it was sooooo good so I ate it. Guess what? I slept like crap last night. Seriously. Although I went to bed early, about 9:30pm, but woke up at 2:45am and have been up since. I took some zzzquil... nothing. Tried sleeping, got comfy, turned on a podcast...nothing. Still awake. So I am drinking tea, making a list of things I want to get done today before the big snow hits tomorrow. LB has prep cycle tonight, and we have to pick up the doggies. So far we are expecting about 20" of snow from Wednesday night to Friday morning. I pick up DH Friday evening, so hopefully it's clear enough and airports are back to running fine by then.

Anyhow, I will have time to nap today. LB has prep cycle at 8pm, so we will be up until after 10pm. So I'd better nap today!!! I know it's time change (which was harder since Orlando was 2 hours ahead, so right now would be 6:30am.. plus the "lose an hour" crap. I am so thrown off I could cry!!), too much sugar, not eating well, all the exercise... today I will get back on track. I'm not sure I'll go run, just because I didn't sleep well for two nights. I may.

It was a great trip though! DH said "last trip of the year" and I'm all thinking... we took all our trips in the course of like 2 months? No. I think we will do another this year.

I am really liking seeing new places, having LB see new things, learn geography and history of new places. All I ever knew when I was her age was what states are between Colorado and Ohio, since we traveled back every. year. to see family. We drove through the night to save on hotels, and slept in my Dzia Dzia's house. I could name all the states between, but Hawaii was not at all what I thought it was at her age (hula girls and very native living was my impression), Florida might as well have been in another country!! So I do love the education she gets from traveling.

Anyhow, we are home. I have a list of things to do. Plus get food since I cleaned out the fridge before we left so I wouldn't have to clean out moldy things when we got home. I am tired, my feet hurt, my calf is in a knot, and LB is exhausted. However, it was a BLAST.

Eventmom: I am enjoying the parks. I never went to any as a kid, so I am really enjoying seeing them!! Most rides are now 3D, where you get into a cart, watch a 3D movie and the cart moves with the movie. I mean, they're cool, but not really rides. I did get LB on a calm roller coaster, like we used to ride as kids. Not the flip around, turn upside down, have to be strapped in like you are in a body bag kinda roller coaster. It was short, had some curves and hills, and we only had a lap bar. She loved it!!! I did too. That's my kinda roller coaster. I am not a scare myself to death on a roller coaster kinda person!!! I am disappointed in the new direction theme parks are taking. LB doesn't really like the 3D movie rides, so we did a lot of looking around. Lots to see!

She loved Jurassic Park. We rode the river ride there 3 times. It's the one you start out like you are on a cruise through Jurassic park, looking at the dinosaurs, then it veers through the "raptor" area, the Dinos are taking over, and you go down a big water hill drop. It was a blast!!! She loved it. I did too.

Anyhow, some day I will miss the theme parks, however for now it's a good phase for us. I enjoy seeing her enjoy herself.

I hope you guys escape this crazy snow dump.

Ebianco: I think I'm going to throw away my new water shoes!! They were hurting my little toe. That bugged me the whole trip after that. I thought about new shoes, however I didn't want to have to break in a new pair! Or chance that they caused more blisters. At least I knew the shoes I was wearing, and the blisters were all the blisters I would get. HA! I feel like we did fit it all in though. I don't feel like we left anything unseen. It was a blur, but so much fun! Lots of walking. I know it's silly, but I keep thinking "I know I can do the mileage. it's in me. I wonder if I can work up to it on the treadmill?" Not my finest thinking, but still.

So much walking. I didn't feel like I had to workout at all! That was kinda nice.

Anyhow, waves to Lucie!!! I am going to drink my tea, make a list of what I want to get done today, and get started.
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-12-24, 04:44 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA standing practice + DC 1.3

buzzer - other than the foot stuff sounds like you had a great trip! I liked theme parks well enough when DD was the right age but I'm cool with not going now! River rides are fun however, at least you are moving around.

hi ebianco & Lucie!
Old 03-13-24, 06:10 PM  
Buzzer

Ran 3.1 miles.. DONE!
P90X+ Upper body... most of it.. DONE!

I went slow. It was good though! A good run. 33 or 34 minutes, at a good pace. Good to be home and back into it!!

Since I got my X+, I wanted to try them out! So I did upper body. It was really fun! Unusual exercises, I did the pull ups as chest presses, just moved my body like they do in the air, but on my bench. I modified, and changed things, however I got a good workout. I used my 15's, 8's, and 5's for the moves like his washing the walls arm circles things, yeah. he does those as a delt exercise. So I used 5's. No way I was circling with 8's!!

I finished with about twenty minutes left in the workout. Between all that I was moving the cars around for the snow, Diego, our big black car, had a dead battery. I was determined to leave him where he died, which was in the driveway. I went out this morning, and the alarm was weakly going off. So I had to charge his battery and move him. He was annoying. So not enough juice to start, but more than enough to yell into the quiet morning?? OK.

Anyhow, I don't know if I will run tomorrow morning. We are expecting 17 1/2 INCHES of snow overnight! It's just wet and kinda snowing now, however we've been hearing it's on the way for probably a week now, so I am going with "it's happening!!" we have the ATV and plow parked just outside the front door. I put my snowblower behind it. batteries are charged, water is in buckets (for toilet flushing since we are on a well, for hand washing, dog water... even our water if a power outage goes on long enough!), we have flashlights ready to go, food we don't have to cook... although we can light the burners with a torch. So will do that to cook if we need to. I baked a loaf of bread... although LB has been eating it like it's her job, so we are almost out. I will bake 2 more before bed.

I have done all the preparations, so chances are the power will stay on. Which I don't mind because then I can plow out to the garage and run!!!

17.5" tonight, 10.8" tomorrow. I have to pick up DH on Friday night, so praying it melts fast and the plows are out before Friday evening!!! We filled up the tank in the jeep too. We are SET!!

Eventmom: I get it. The river ride was fun though! Although at Seaworld we rode the river ride pretty much first thing, and my socks and shoes were soaked the rest of the day. That was a bad decision. I think that was the reason for some of my blisters. I will be fine to never visit another amusement park once LB is grown. I have never really been a fan, however it's fun to take her and her friends! I'd rather take a quiet vacation at the beach, sit on the porch or deck of a hotel and drink at sunset, or float on a boat. That all sounds more fun to me!! However this is the phase of life I am in now. It's fun, but very overwhelming!!! I pray you are escaping this snow. It's supposed to be huge!!! (now watch, we will get 3" and it'll be done. The weathermen will say "we said this could happen" and everyone will nod in agreement. After they hyped it up so much)

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-14-24, 02:31 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up on my workout week so far.

Yesterday-Caroline HIIT before my in-office day, Epic 3 Day 25 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIMg...juFXy&index=26). I was a little low on energy but was able to get through it!

Today-Treadmill walk for 60 minutes and Epic 3 Day 21 pyramid lower body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIv...juFXy&index=22). I remember doing this one twice before and the DOMS was absolute killer. Like the most lower body DOMS from any Caroline workout ever, for me. I feel like the workout itself wasn't more than the usual amount of very hard for Caroline, but will see how my legs feel tomorrow! So many bulgarian lunges haha. Knowing how it's killed me in the past I may have gone slightly lighter in weight this time around, than I usually would have. So we'll see.

Eventmom I forgot all about that Barre Amped stretch workout-LOL. I should pull that one back out again.

Buzzer Wow that is an incredible amount of walking on your vacation!! I would throw away the shoes that pinched your little toe too!

I have read that the P90X+ workouts were really fun, with cool unusual moves. I was tempted to get them at one point but not enough to pull the trigger I guess. I look forward to hearing what you think of them!

LOL about your car Diego being dead but still loud enough to be annoying!!

Wow crazy about all of that expected snow! We were supposed to get lots of snow this year but it's basically spring now, I think it hit almost 70 today?!

Lucie waves!
Old 03-14-24, 03:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA standing + charlene stand up and be somebody (around 30 min)
today - TA standing + dc 1.2 remembered spotify has a playlist (well several) for TA

I'm still working through what I did to my elbow (shoulder, neck) probably phone elbow so dang all my own fault!

buzzer - no snow! we're looking at lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s I did get rained on while I rode today. the forecast looked like a short sprinkle then thunder and real rain. It was a shorted than planned ride. 17.5 in! overnight that's a lot of snow, crap. did you get much? I checked the weather close to you (I think) and yeah snow yikes. I honestly need to just move to a desert I suck at winter and we don't get that much of it.

ebianco - I could not do either of the caroline workouts LOL! I like Susan more than I like her workouts - the stretch could have been more stretchy and less barre for me but I like her and the music.

hi lucie!
Old 03-14-24, 11:49 PM  
Buzzer

shoveled for 3 stinking hours this morning... done.

I shoveled and it did nothing. I had the ATV plow ready to go, and it kept getting stuck. I spent just as much time pushing snow as I did shoveling it out. The snow was so deep that if I didn't back up perfectly with my tracks, I would high center on the snow and get stuck. We had at least 3 feet this morning. so after digging it out 4 times, the fifth time it was stuck in the driveway so I just left it there. I was so mad at it!! I got a few swipes with it, but it was more trouble than it was worth.

So my snow blower is battery powered, and was seriously useless. I thought about using it to clear the sidewalk, however I put it in front of the snow, which towered over it, and I swear I saw it shrink back in fear. So it sits now. All we had was hand shovels, so all this money in equipment and we ended up just hand shoveling.

DH told me to leave the gates open "to make plowing easier", but it ended up being a big old pain the a** because I had to hand shovel the path the gates take to close so I could let the dogs out. After all that, they went out, peed, turned around and went back in. They were not too interested in the snow either!

I was so cold, so worn out. So I count that as my workout. DH got a flight home tonight, which is good but also not good. Good because he will be home to plow for real with the truck and plow, but not good because we haven't shoveled since this afternoon and I just opened the front door and there's easily another foot of snow out there. We are getting pounded!!!!

I have no idea how he is going to get in the gate and tromp to the garage and house. He said don't shovel anymore... so I haven't!!! I told LB I think he doesn't really know what he is getting in to.

Hopefully the roads stay open (they've been closed off and on), and he makes it home OK.

Eventmom: I am so glad you guys are somewhat warm and just rain! I am overwhelmed with snow. This morning we had 18" at 4:45am, and it's snowed all day. At least double that right now. By the way, did you go to your Mom's funeral, or did your family not have one? I'm sure it was beautiful

Ebianco: P90X+ was fun. I didn't do one today, obviously, however I really enjoyed it. I'll keep you posted! you can get it for about $15 now. Much different than the $100 or something that it was originally!!

I am throwing out my water shoes and walking shoes. I have new shoes, already stashed away, so I will change and use those. I was afraid going back into my runs I would have trouble with it, however I went back to running like I had been doing it all along. I think all the walking was great for me!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14