Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-13, 09:41 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
When I see these infomercials I often wonder how many bought these BB programs whether it is P90X, Insanity, Asylum and have them still in the box. I would bet that more people never used these programs than ever got thru them.
I have a male friend who was an overweight beginner, and he tried P90X and ended up with a nasty rotator cuff injury. Part of the problem was that when he started feeling pain, he talked to his other male friends about it and they told him to push through. So after the injury, he stopped exercising altogether, and regained any weight lost up to that point, and has not started another exercise program since.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 03:20 PM  
jessicavi

I've tried different Insanity workouts that are posted on youtube from time to time. I have done them sporadically maybe one or two per week. I've been working out at int/adv level for 10 years this year but I'm still overweight. However, I would not want to commit to Insanity for a month rotation. It's just too much HIIT for my body. The impact is brutal and non-stop. I modify some of the moves and even so I end up having quite a bit of impact still. If a beginner is unaware of what mods they could make or know to just do a little at a time, I can see this program being quite daunting. I consider P90X cardio to be a bit more approachable for a beginner.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 08:13 PM  
rosepetals

There are tons of insanity workouts on Vimeo and youtube. Full length, so if you wanted to see what the workouts are like do a search.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insanity