Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-17, 04:05 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I've kind of been ignoring my BBOD lately - this will bring me back in a big way! I love Shaun T!!! Thanks for posting this!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 06:24 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Yes, thank you for bringing it back!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 01:24 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I think this was new today -- on BBOD, under Shaun Week Program Materials, there's a 30-day Shaun T hybrid calendar, with workouts from T25, Insanity/Max: 30/the Asylum, and Shaun week.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-17, 03:57 PM  
horusosiris

I did day 5- Ripsanity this morning. This was a good, very doable, nothing over the top workout but Shaun T must be mellowing with age because we had more and longer breaks than in Insanity and Asylum. I am really enjoying this week long program.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 08:11 AM  
horusosiris

I did Speed 4.0 (30 minutes) this morning. Now this was Shaun T at his best. Speed 4.0 was loads of fun and had many agility moves. We did not get a break until there was 5 minutes left in the workout. I loved it!
Old 06-17-17, 09:17 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I did Speed 4.0 (30 minutes) this morning. Now this was Shaun T at his best. Speed 4.0 was loads of fun and had many agility moves. We did not get a break until there was 5 minutes left in the workout. I loved it!
I loved this one too!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-17, 07:42 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

I've been doing Shaun Week this week, as well as part of a check-in and I haven't done anything from Shaun since Hip Hop Abs, which wasn't very difficult. I've heard how advanced his workouts have been since and wasn't interested since I have plenty of Cathe and Kelly workouts to keep me happy.

But I joined a check-in with my friend with a free trial of BB on Demand and thought maybe this would get my cardio capacity up a bit better (after recovering from a broken wrist).

I wasn't able to do 4.0 yesterday, so I did 4.0 early this morning and Ripsanity after teaching my yoga class. I had to modify some of the plank work and push-ups and some cardio on my rebounder (hurt my knee in one of his scissor moves a few days ago), but it was still plenty tough and the time goes by quickly.

In Ripsanity, I did think that he got a little long in his sequences as he progressed. It was hard to remember so many steps! But it was fun to see what he came up with for variety and intensity.

It's been really fun to workout with Shaun and see how entertaining he is. (I got to spend some time with him when I filmed with BB about 10 years ago right before HHA was released -- I'm so happy for him that he's been so successful!) I was thinking this afternoon, though, that it will be nice to have a mental break from all that intense chatter. Maybe the yoga teacher in me and the constant talking don't mesh as well as it might have before I got deeper into yoga . Or maybe I'm just used to a less intense form of motivation. Or maybe 6 workouts in a row hit my thresold! One more day though! (And I'm sure I can handle it just fine!)

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-17, 09:49 AM  
horusosiris

The Shaun T 7 day challenge is complete! The Day 7 - Dig Deeper (25 minutes) workout was vintage Shaun T. I made it through this one with no breaks and the few times that I wanted to take a break, I remembered that Shaun T said a couple of times in this 7 day series that "the work does not begin until you get tired." While I do not think that statement is always true for exercise, it motivated me to keep going. When I was doing triathlons and Insanity and Asylum and pushing myself a bit more even when tired, my resting heart rate was in the 30's. For me, this was an excellent short series and I especially loved that it was only seven days and very doable.
Old 06-18-17, 09:43 PM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
This one Ripsanity and weights were my favorite in the series. Shaun T is quickly becoming one of my favorite instructors.
Old 06-20-17, 02:06 PM  
nschultz

I started Shaun week yesterday and I'm really enjoying the workouts. I like the informal video on BOD vs a DVD where everything seems staged. I love Shaun's pep talks throughout each workout. He's so motivating.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbod, beachbody, beachbody on demand, insane focus, shaun t, shaun week