Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-10, 10:42 PM  
daisysunshine

Question Can We Talk Squeeze Stick?

I'm doing Squeeze Stronger right now, and as we know, we have the two sections that include the squeeze stick. I remember reading that a lot of people [a lot of people], did not like the construction of the stick. I was curious if the consensus of this stick is the same [like the broomstick works just as well] or people have changed their mind about the stick?

I find that my broomstick is a bit short (my poor arms can't stretch full length comfortably) and of course my neck is uncomfortable being on the pole without padding. (and the squeeze stick is curved for the neck).

Do you think if I wrapped my broom stick with a towel or something it would be comfortable?

Any help with this would be great, thanks.
[on either side - like any ideas how to make my broomstick more comfortable, or if a squeeze stick is worth it?]

*I don't need to be enabled here, this is just an informational question *

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 11:33 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Hi,

I don't use anything and she still fries my sides. Try it without the broomstick and follow her posture, I promise you'll feel it!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 11:45 PM  
daisysunshine

Ronnee do you hold your arms out on the side, or do you just move side to side?

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 12:06 AM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
Ronnee do you hold your arms out on the side, or do you just move side to side?
I hold them out to the sides; basically I pretend I'm holding the stick and I feel it!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 12:27 AM  
MARIKA

I use a decorative curtain rod! Works great
Old 01-22-10, 12:31 AM  
peanutgrl

When I first received the stick, I was a little disappointed with the quality (just by looking at it). My husband had to put it together because the insert wasn't rounded in for an easy fit. After a little struggle, he got it together. I used a broom stick until a post about the squeeze stick being on sale. It was on sale at the time, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it.

I much prefer the squeeze stick! The neck padding, and shape makes it much more comfortable & it seems to help me keep the correct posture. Also, for the ab section, I like it much better than the broom stick. The hand placement grips and length made a big difference for me, especially with the rows.

The quality is actually decent compared to my initial reaction prior to assembly. Personally, I love it I do this work out 1-2x a week, my form has improved significantly using the squeeze stick. I am pleased with this purchase and recommend it!!
Old 01-22-10, 12:34 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I tried it once on vacation without the stick, and I didn't really feel it! I have a friend who does it without a stick all the time, and I told her to try it once to see if she felt a difference. For whatever reason, I cannot get the same feel without the stick.

I use my son's karate staff -- it works great!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 01:40 AM  
twiggy64

I received my squeeze stick a few weeks back and I love it. It was on sale and was worth every $ to me. I love doing SS even more now.
It is way more comfy and feels more effective than a broomstick for me. (I have shoulder issues-broomstick hurt)
k8
twiggy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 07:50 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I use a decorative curtain rod! Works great
Me too (or I DID when I still owned Squeeze Stronger) LOL!

Hi Daisy!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 09:04 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnee View Post
I don't use anything and she still fries my sides. Try it without the broomstick and follow her posture, I promise you'll feel it!

I used to use my dowel, but one time I roped DH into doing Squeeze Stronger with me. I gave him the dowel and I used nothing. I think it worked better that way, actually. It's more comfortable and I might even be going deeper in the move. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the stick helps you keep your alignment better?

Tags
squeeze stick, squeeze stronger, tracy effinger