Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-03, 09:31 PM  
CJ 5

slim in 6 DVD problems?

Hi I just bought a Slim in 6 DVD from YAYA and the picture goes really dark and then light and then dark again. I have had my DVD player running through my VCR so I am wondering if it has macrovision on it and I have to go out and finally spend the 25 dollars for an RF modulator.

Has anyone else had problems with their Slim in 6 DVD?
Any similar experiences from anyone???
CJ 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-03, 09:36 PM  
CJ 5

Jammin wrote this on another thread. I have the exact same player. I wish now I would have spent 350 dollars and bought one that was region free and macrovision free so I wouldn't have to deal with this crap. My slimseries plays fine but it looks like my Slim in 6 has macrovision. That blows. RF modulators totally defeat the purpose of going with DVD as they make the signal suck. If anyone wants to spend the dough I would go with a macrovision free and region free DVD player I think you can even get the sony 655 region free. This blows. I hope other DVD makers ( like Cathe etc) don't start doing this as my other equipment is old and I don't plan on upgrading it soon.

Quote:
Kathy,
I got a Sony 5 Disc player last Christmas. It's a DVP NC655P (I think. ). I haven't had your experience, but I can't rent a movie on DVD from the video store. They ALL have lighting issues on my DVD player. The light goes from very dark to normal about every 15 seconds through the whole movie. Unwatchable.

All my exercise DVDs play perfectly.

It's so strange.

I hope you can find the answer to your problem, tho.
Old 08-22-03, 12:35 AM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

I have a Pioneer DV-C603 and I use an s-video connection to the TV. My Slim in 6 DVD's work fine. I've never had any trouble with any other DVDs either.
Old 08-22-03, 06:17 AM  
CJ 5

Loretta
How about rental DVDs?
Thanks
CJ
Old 08-22-03, 06:49 AM  
Sher

I have an Apex dvd player from best buy or wal-malt is cost about $80 and I've never had any trouble with any dvd's. My Si6 plays fine as do all that we rent or buy. I guess I do have the connector that someone mention because our tv is old (rca circa 1983 still works great) and we didn't have the ports to plug it in directly.

Sher
Sher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-03, 11:37 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I have the Sony 655 (I think--it's the 5 disc changer) and haven't had problems with any discs--workout, rentals, etc. But I don't have it hooked up through the VCR, it's connected directly to the TV via S-video cable.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-03, 12:49 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by CJ 5
Loretta
How about rental DVDs?
Thanks
CJ

Yep rental DVDs have all worked fine.
Old 08-22-03, 12:59 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

is it the Sony DVPNC665 *or* the DVPNC655 ?

is that a typo?

just curious because i ordered a Sony DVPNC665P from Circuit City and it seems to be the latest model (it's a 5-disc changer also).

Quote:
I got a Sony 5 Disc player last Christmas. It's a DVP NC655P (I think. ). I haven't had your experience, but I can't rent a movie on DVD from the video store.
i should be able to hook it directly into our TV - our TV is only a year old (it's also a Sony...we're a Sony family ).
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-03, 01:29 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Bzar,

I don't know which one everyone else has, but I do know that the 655 was out last year. I believe the 665 is sort of the newer, replacement for the (apparently now outdated) 655.

So, I'm guessing not many people have the 665 yet. But like I said, I'm very happy with my 655, haven't had any problems at all! Bzar, I think you'll be happy with yours.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote