Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-12, 02:47 PM  
dmhammy

rushfit rotation

I can't seem to find my Rushfit rotation. Can someone list it here? Thanks so much,
Dawn

Yes I admit it, I'm addicted to fitness. I guess I need a 12 step program or maybe just 12 good steps to jog up and down on

2/260
dmhammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-12, 02:58 PM  
RedPanda

Trying again...
Old 06-15-12, 03:07 PM  
RedPanda

This one should work better

Rushfit rotation.pdf
Old 06-16-12, 10:33 AM  
dmhammy

Thank you so much Red panda.

Dawn

Yes I admit it, I'm addicted to fitness. I guess I need a 12 step program or maybe just 12 good steps to jog up and down on

2/260
dmhammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 11:11 AM  
Truth51

How are you guys liking Rushfit?
Truth51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 01:08 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth51 View Post
How are you guys liking Rushfit?
I think it's great. I'm at the end of week 2. These workouts will not turn someone into an MMA fighter because you're not learning MMA moves. Instead, the exercises work on the kinds of conditioning that MMA fighters need--functional fitness, conditioning, lots of core work, lots of bodyweight exercises, balance and agility, flexibility, plyo. There is lots and lots of room to grow with Rushfit, the workouts are 45 minutes max including warmup/cooldown, and all you need are two dumbbells. The workouts can have a cardio effect, but when the rotation says 'cardio', you sub your own, whether it's from a DVD you have already, or running/biking/elliptical etc. Some people might not like that, but one thing that is good about it is that doing your own cardio workouts give you a break from seeing the same people 6 days a week for 8 weeks.

The warmup and cooldown are the same for each workout so you will probably start getting tired of it, but that is really minor. If you don't want to do them, just hit 'skip' and you will go straight to the workout.

Each workout DVD also has foundation instructions on it so you can learn the moves. Some are things you already know how to do (squats, pushups) but there are some moves that I had never done before so I was glad to learn them. You only get the foundations if you choose it from the menu so you don't have to skip past it or anything.

One thing I really like about Rushfit is the structure. Each workout is structured into 5 'rounds' of about 5 minutes each, and each 'round' has exercises you do for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Lots of variety.

I do modify some exercises--mostly due to my bad knees, but some are beyond my level at this point. I still get a terrific workout, and I have some goals to work towards.

It is led by Erik Owings, who is a personal trainer and an MMA fighter. He's pretty businesslike--no jokes that you'll get sick of hearing. The 'star' is Georges St. Pierre, a world champion MMA fighter; Erik is his trainer. GSP and background exercisers do the workout while Erik explains and gives form pointers. GSP is working hard and sweating buckets the whole time in the Rushfit workouts. I've never done a workout with a world champion before; GSP is incredibly strong with amazing explosive strength, but he's also mortal--not as flexible as he'd like to be, as he says.

In short, Rushfit is the best set of workouts I have done all year.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.

Last edited by eam531; 06-16-12 at 01:09 PM. Reason: typo
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-12, 02:48 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
It is led by Erik Owings, who is a personal trainer and an MMA fighter. He's pretty businesslike--no jokes that you'll get sick of hearing. The 'star' is Georges St. Pierre, a world champion MMA fighter; Erik is his trainer. GSP and background exercisers do the workout while Erik explains and gives form pointers. GSP is working hard and sweating buckets the whole time in the Rushfit workouts. I've never done a workout with a world champion before; GSP is incredibly strong with amazing explosive strength, but he's also mortal--not as flexible as he'd like to be, as he says.
Plus, Erik is quite the hottie, and GSP keeps it real - no posturing. He obviously respects Erik a lot. When Erik corrects him, he says, "Yes sir!" and does as he's told.

My favourite is Explosive Power Training. There are moves in there I've never seen in a workout DVD, and they are lots of fun.
Old 10-28-12, 12:48 PM  
darbyndoug

bringing up this older thread to see if anyone's doing it now... I am and shocked to see core definition this early in the program! Whooo Hoooo!
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 12:51 PM  
Elise7

Does this workout have tons of burpee type moves?
Is there a lot of lying and then standing exercises where you're moving from the floor to standing every 30-60 sec like in Jillian's 30DS?
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-12, 12:56 PM  
darbyndoug

Yes, there are some "level changes" and I had some trepidation about it... but I do the best I can and modify when needed. For example, for the "sprawl" move, I slow it down, brace my core, and come back one leg at a time. I find that I am now able to more of these moves as I progress through the program, yet modifying as needed for my body.
darbyndoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rush fit, rushfit, rushfit fitness program