Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-09, 08:39 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbaby View Post
Same here. I just took a count and have 8 T-Tapp workouts that are DVD-R and came in cheap CD cases which I purchased directly from Teresa.
I have nearly all the T-Tapp DVDs. These workouts are very expensive yet most are DVD-R and come in a cheap CD case, or even a paper sleeve. Plus she charges $8.00 for shipping!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 08:41 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
I have nearly all the T-Tapp DVDs. These workouts are very expensive yet most are DVD-R and come in a cheap CD case, or even a paper sleeve. Plus she charges $8.00 for shipping!
I noticed that, which is why I was searching ebay
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 09:40 AM  
sma3584

I'm a big lurker here but I believe I bought from this same seller Alison (although it was a different fitness DVD than T Tapp). Are they reimbursing you for the return postage for you to send the DVD back? I'm not sure if I should just take my copied DVD as a loss or send it back to the seller, just so they can pass it off to another buyer.
sma3584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 10:25 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sma3584 View Post
I'm a big lurker here but I believe I bought from this same seller Alison (although it was a different fitness DVD than T Tapp). Are they reimbursing you for the return postage for you to send the DVD back? I'm not sure if I should just take my copied DVD as a loss or send it back to the seller, just so they can pass it off to another buyer.
I sent you a pm.
Old 11-03-09, 01:41 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I have noticed that a LOT of the T-Tapp DVDs are DVD-r and I didn't think the graphics were great on the front of the discs either. Some of them seemed a little grainy, if I'm remembering correctly. I do think that since she's charging so much for DVDs, they should be on pressed DVDs.
Old 11-03-09, 02:44 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by roleez View Post
I have noticed that a LOT of the T-Tapp DVDs are DVD-r and I didn't think the graphics were great on the front of the discs either. Some of them seemed a little grainy, if I'm remembering correctly. I do think that since she's charging so much for DVDs, they should be on pressed DVDs.
Roleez--you have an ebay store, don't you?
Old 11-03-09, 03:06 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Quote:
Roleez--you have an ebay store, don't you?
Yes, I do & have sold the T-Tapp DVDs before on Ebay and noticed that purple backing. I am pretty sure the newer Basic & T-Tapp Total workouts are silver pressed backs but I know I have bought tons from Ya Yas that are the purple backs. It's a little crazy with the prices!
Old 11-03-09, 03:06 PM  
Kesal

Interesting. I bought a used copy of the T-Tapp book, and the vendor threw in some random T-Tapp dvds for free. I figured that they just couldn't sell them because they were only in paper sleeves, and wanted to get them off the shelf. One of them (I think TappCore) is dvd-r with a very grainy label. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that it's likely bootleg. I guess because the others appear to be pressed, and one of them is some seminar recording that I can't imagine there being a bootleg market for.

Doesn't really matter to me, I guess, since I'm pretty sure the book is legit, and that's really what I was paying for. Do you think it's very wrong if I keep and use the disk?
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 03:18 PM  
CharM

Kesal, I'm anti-bootleg and normally I'd be up in arms, but you bought a book and didn't now the person was going to include a dvd. So if the options are use it or throw it away, why not use it? Maybe that's not very ethical, but eh It wouldn't make you a horrible person.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 03:40 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by roleez View Post
Yes, I do & have sold the T-Tapp DVDs before on Ebay and noticed that purple backing. I am pretty sure the newer Basic & T-Tapp Total workouts are silver pressed backs but I know I have bought tons from Ya Yas that are the purple backs. It's a little crazy with the prices!
I thought the name was familiar (I think I was actually perusing something you had, just today )

I would not mind if I'd bought directly from T-Tapp and it was DVDr (as long as I had warning)....but they are rather cheap-looking w/ their paper sleeves/cd cases. Maybe they've upgraded recently, I don't know (though for what they charge, they should!)