Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-24, 06:19 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Even though these are super tough, I like them. I have to take a lot of breaks and modify the really hard moves, yet I feel accomplished when I’m done. .
Good to know! I think I'll attempt the first one this weekend.

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 12:24 PM  
Hsim

I have Vol #1 and I really must try it again.
I have not attempted it since I broke my ankle last summer - before that I could do the workout but not every rep. For some reason I found the first half more difficult than the last half.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 02:01 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjabear View Post
I do them! I've been using them as my primary workout for 17 months. I am using the 1st year 101s. I use a Getting Started if I really don't feel up to a 101.
I have made significant progress. When I started I could only do a minute or so without breaking. Now I can do 4-12 minutes without breaking.
My core is so strong.
Also, any other workout is so much easier. Every once in a while I will do something else, but other workouts do not leave me satisfied. I think I've only done two strength days in a row of other workouts and then I go back to HoCo.
Agreed, this is very inspiring! When I was doing these workouts regularly, I don't think I'd ever been leaner or stronger. Now I'm thinking I need to try them again; I just need to get clever with modifications for some moves!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 11:12 PM  
fatkat555

I broke out Getting Started tonight. I only did Workout 1 as is, 10 minutes. Not easy, but doable.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 07:49 AM  
SandyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Even though these are super tough, I like them. I have to take a lot of breaks and modify the really hard moves, yet I feel accomplished when I’m done. .
This is what I do too. Also, if I do another short workout, sometimes I will just add 10 minutes of horizontal conditioning on at the beginning or end. They are very easy to split up.
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-24, 08:05 AM  
fatkat555

Wrong thread.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 03-30-24, 07:17 PM  
buffmama

I notice tremendous increase in strength when I do more plank work.
Old 04-03-24, 09:03 PM  
fatkat555

Has anyone gotten any of her club dvds? It looks like she has quite a few club dvds. Scroll past her original set to the club ones…

https://horizontal.gumroad.com/

Oh, never mind. I see now that these are downloads. I thought they were dvds.

Old 04-04-24, 01:45 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Has anyone gotten any of her club dvds? It looks like she has quite a few club dvds. Scroll past her original set to the club ones…

https://horizontal.gumroad.com/

Oh, never mind. I see now that these are downloads. I thought they were dvds.
I have some of these on DVD; they are TOUGH! Especially the ones with little to no props! I was never in better shape though than when I was regularly doing these.

I actually pulled out her Horizontal Conditioning Vol 1 today and did it. I modified literally everything but I completed it. My wonky shoulder is a little twichy now but I'm going to try to reincorporate these back into my workouts again; thanks for the OP for bringing them up again!

I guess I thought they were too hard for me and didn't even consider trying to modify them. We'll see how my shoulder holds up after this one and see if I can do another one next week!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-24, 04:42 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I have some of these on DVD; they are TOUGH! Especially the ones with little to no props! I was never in better shape though than when I was regularly doing these.

I actually pulled out her Horizontal Conditioning Vol 1 today and did it. I modified literally everything but I completed it. My wonky shoulder is a little twichy now but I'm going to try to reincorporate these back into my workouts again; thanks for the OP for bringing them up again!

I guess I thought they were too hard for me and didn't even consider trying to modify them. We'll see how my shoulder holds up after this one and see if I can do another one next week!
I have a wonky shoulder, too, and have to be very careful of what I do.

I like how these are minimal to no equipment. I’m coming off a layoff from a bad cold, and it’s easier motivation wise to just pop in the dvd and do the workout without dragging out weights or other stuff.

Tags
hoco, horizontal conditioning, sandra koulourides