Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-12, 08:33 AM  
SurferGirl

Ellen Barrett rotation

I think this may have been asked in the past.

I was considering buying Brazil Butt Lift this morning (the Deluxe Kit with all the workouts).

Then I was thinking how much I love Ellen's workouts. I've done mostly her workouts in the last year or 2.

If a person was to only do Ellen's workouts, could you get a transformation like you would if you were to do P90X, Brazil Butt Lift, Slim in 6, etc?

Are her workouts enough to get a complete transformation?

Also, if anyone has BBL, can you please tell me what you think of it. There weren't many reviews for it in the reviews section.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-12, 09:40 AM  
cherimac

I think YMMV. I personally think you can have some really nice results with Ellen but you won't look like someone who has done P90X~it won't build a lot of muscle like that. P90X isolates the muscles more and uses much heavier resistance. Ellen works different muscles in conjunction with one another with much lighter resistance to get a great ROM.

For me personally, I'll never do P90X but will do Ellen. Just what I like/don't like and how my body will allow my to lift. I also find my results are more based on what I do in the kitchen rather than which workouts I do or don't do.
Old 04-08-12, 10:01 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I think Ellen is great for flexibility and muscle toning - not anything like P90X, etc,. where you work your muscles to exhaustion so the fibers will break down and the muscle gets larger as it's repaired.

Of course, seeing a 'transformation' from Ellen depends what your starting point is. Someone just starting to work out probably will be transformed - but not into a P90X body.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 11:18 AM  
txfitmom

I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago and the main workouts I was doing consisted of Ellen, Turbo Jam, walking, and a few days of weight training. I found Ellen's workouts really rounded out my workouts, not sure if I would have lost weight just doing her workouts, but they definitely help to build the core, tighten things up a little, etc.

A couple of months ago there was a success story on Collage and I think she did mostly Ellen's workouts and lost quite a bit of weight. I will have to see if I can find it.

Here it is: Collage Success Story
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 07:04 AM  
kariev34

has anyone ever monitored their calorie burn with her workouts. Just curious about how much her workouts burn.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 08:08 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfitmom View Post
I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago and the main workouts I was doing consisted of Ellen, Turbo Jam, walking, and a few days of weight training. I found Ellen's workouts really rounded out my workouts, not sure if I would have lost weight just doing her workouts, but they definitely help to build the core, tighten things up a little, etc.

A couple of months ago there was a success story on Collage and I think she did mostly Ellen's workouts and lost quite a bit of weight. I will have to see if I can find it.

Here it is: Collage Success Story
Wow, that's great! Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us.
Old 04-09-12, 12:27 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
has anyone ever monitored their calorie burn with her workouts. Just curious about how much her workouts burn.
I usually wear a HR monitor and I have worn one using Ellen's workouts. I would typically burn 150-200. Keep in mind I am typically not a big burner as I am somewhat smallish (5' 7" and 130 lbs) and very fit as far as the workouts I can do and my endurance and such. I notice the more fit I am or the more times I do a workout, the lower the burn. I have read how other people say they burn like 400+ with Ellen but it isn't true for me. Ellen definitely has a place in my collection regardless. These are feel-good workouts and I feel great during and after doing them.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 12:42 PM  
txfitmom

I just want to point out that it does not always help to focus on the calorie burn during a workout. I lost a lot of weight (at a much slower pace, but still lost weight), by only during workouts that burned between 100-200 calories per day. I think a slow steady pace is a great way to lose weight and if you consistently do Ellen's workouts you will get there. Those other workouts that claim to burn 500-1000 calories per workout sound great, but I cannot do those kind of workouts every day so ultimately they don't help the number on the scale move.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 01:18 PM  
edensmom

I don't burn 500-1000 doing ANY workout- at least not during the typical hourish that I do. Even doing Tonique or any other more vigorus cardio-esque/circuit workout I usually burn in the 400s for one hour. I'd have to extend my workout time and I would be exhausted so what is the point?
Old 04-09-12, 01:19 PM  
edensmom

*double post*