Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-24, 12:27 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

cardio from karen voight's sleek physique (around 35 min) then a 10 min pilates abs. I don't like JV abs so I decided a 3 day rotation with a cardio/ab day then back to jv.

buzzer - I didn't remember those details about the church that's just awful. I looked on line an it seems like they are two sets of floor workouts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVkGm9TPeRg this looks like the one I've got.

she's got on a different outfit for HITF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfBPISZsAVk

but her workouts overlap (IMO) they are probably pretty similar.

hi ebianco and lucie!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 11:33 AM  
Buzzer

2.3 miles running... DONE!
Ttapp Lady Bug Floor work...DONE!

oh! I didn't check in yesterday. 3.2 miles!!! DONE!!!
Lady bug standing, only about 24 minutes of it.. DONE!

I am enjoying running. I am at the point where if I went faster it would put it into parts of my body I don't want it at, and when I am running I can go into that "zone" where it doesn't feel like a lot of work. It's mostly a mental block of "how much time do I have left? is this almost over?" which is the same mental block I remember having when I ran a lot. I couldn't do more than 30 minutes because I would start to feel that bit of tension and stress. Yesterday's run was 42 minutes-ish, and I walked only like 2 or 3 times. When I walk I pause the workout, so I run the whole 42 minutes with 2 or 3 minutes of pauses to walk. I am pretty proud of myself for running as long as I do! Next will be working on speed, however I have decided not to increase my speed until my body naturally tells me to. Right now, I am happy at my slower speed.

Lady bug standing was OK, however I liked the floor lady bug better. Lots of core and leg stretches in it. It was amazingly good for after my run. Since today's run was only about 32 minutes, I did all of lady bug floor, which was 29 minutes. Around an hour of working out, which is good!

I got this scavenger hunt app, which I mostly got so when we go to Hawaii we can do some scavenger hunts. You go on a hunt that is 2 - 2.5 miles walking, and you go to different historical buildings in the area and answer questions. For example, we went to a rose garden and answered a question about what statue is not there. So the kids (we brought 2 neighbor kids) had to look at all the statues to figure out which one wasn't there. They also have to read the plaques in the park or on a statue and answer questions. It was so fun! So in addition to my run, I also walked about 2.5 miles. There are over 450 scavenger hunts across the US, so I figure whenever we go somewhere, we can probably find a scavenger hunt. It's a good homeschool game too
All sorts of history we are learning.

We also found this amazing spice store, Savory Spice. If you have one in your area, go!! You can sample the spices, and I ended up coming home with a chocolate sugar, a peppermint vanilla sugar, and some peach spice. So amazing. I wasn't expecting to buy anything, but ended up NEEDING those!

Eventmom: That first YouTube link you put for Ttapp is the one I was doing!! I didn't know Ttapp was on YouTube! Is it there just temporarily then the company will freak out and take it off, or will it be there for a while? I'd love to go to Hawaii and not have to bring my DVD's!!! I'd probably bring them anyhow now that I think about it, because I would be afraid I would get there and they would all be taken down. that first one is the one I'm doing though!

I ran with the clark guy again. He is part of the married duo I don't like. He wasn't as annoying this time. His wife is awful! I ran on green sand beach. I am getting familiar with the area and how to get to the beach from these runs! It's pretty cool. I am enjoying using my running time as time to learn about where we will be! It'll be fun to see it in real life now! I wonder how much of the history I've learned will be remembered when we get there?? HA!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 12:00 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

JV bug+ upper body + 15 gina b walk through the decades. I upped my weights a bit.

buzzer - if you look at this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@AnjaliYogaWellnessInc

she's posted most of ttapp workouts. I'd say they are there. There is no company b/c when Teresa died her estate was a frickin' mess (so I heard) so there isn't anyone to have the workouts taken down. So IMO leave those precious irreplaceable DVDs at home (cause they are) and just use Youtube on your trip. The scavenger hunt app sounds really fun especially for home schooling.

waves ebianco and lucie!
Old 01-04-24, 03:54 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I'm checking in with Monday and Tuesday rest days, but I walked 60 minutes on the treadmill on Monday and 65 minutes on Tuesday so that was great.

Yesterday was a little different, I intentionally didn't exercise even though it would have been my first workout day of the week, because I've really gotten into this Fast Like a Girl book (https://www.amazon.com/Fast-Like-Gir...s%2C137&sr=8-1) where you are supposed to intermittent fast in conjunction with your menstrual cycle. Also, the author said that if you have been intermittent fasting for a couple of years or more, which I have, and no longer really getting any fat loss out of it, that you should start doing one 36-hour fast per month (at the right time in the cycle) to basically retrain your body how to burn fat for energy. So, I overate on Tuesday (unintentionally) and decided I would do a 36-hour fast from Tuesday night to Thursday morning. It was a little long of course but I got through it! Unfortunately I had to skip my workout because no way I would have been able to fast if I had exercised.

So today I made up for it with Iron #21 quads, about 60% of the workout, then Iron #23 glutes, about 40% of the workout so tomorrow I can just do #22 chest/back and be up to speed. Caroline announced a new series on her app and it sounds great (not to mention she has an Iron 2 and Beatmode 2 series), but I am waiting for the app to be available online so I can use it on my laptop, presumably they are working on that functionality. Otherwise it would just be on my phone and I don't have the patience to try to project it on my TV every workout. Today's workout was tough especially with the fasting yesterday. Also I've been hungrier than usual today, I guess no surprise there, but really tried to eat slowly and consciously, and hopefully tomorrow will just be normal eating. It wasn't by any means a fun experiment with the 36-hour fast but I am hoping to try doing it once a month (at the right time in the cycle) which is what she recommends.

Eventmom Wow thank you for the youtube link! I didn't know TTap was available on youtube either! It's crazy what is out there though, so many old DVDs like Art of Strength, Bob Harper, etc. When I find an old workout I may be interested, I always see if it's on youtube. It's unfortunate none of the old Firm/Fitprimes are on there, that would be the best!

Buzzer Wow you sound like you're really in the zone with your running!!

The scavenger hunt app sounds really cool! And yes a useful homeschooling tool and to explore different places!

That is really interesting about the Savory Spice store. I've been into using more spices recently and purchased a set of six spice mixes on amazon but two of them turned out to be way too spicy, and one was way too garlicky, so that was a bit of a bust. And I got a ranch spice mix thinking I could make "ranch dressing" by mixing that with greek yogurt and it tasted terrible unfortunately. It would probably be better if I could try out spices in person because I'm apparently pretty picky!

Lucie Happy New Year and great seeing you online again! I hope everything in your life is going well!
Old 01-05-24, 12:14 PM  
Buzzer

3.25 miles run to the green sand beach on the big island... DONE!
Ttapp ladybug, just the floor section (29 minutes).. DONE!

The run was great! I was intimidated when I saw it was about 40 minutes, however I got into that zone where it feels fine, like I can go all day. I did it! I think the being able to breathe is helping 100% also. I can't believe how much better I can breathe! I feel like my breath is better than my fitness right now. It's amazing! I don't want to run any longer than about 40-45 minutes, so after I get used to running this pace, I will be moving up in speed instead of time. I seriously can't tell you how different it is in my breathing though. I notice it throughout the day also. Amazing.

Ladybug is awesome. It's the perfect stretch and workout I need right now, especially after my run. The actual lady bug exercise stretches the entire side of my body, my IT band, and my core. It's perfect. I really feel good about the workouts I'm doing right now! I'll have to see if ladybug is on YouTube.

event mom: you are right. I should just use the YouTube videos on my trip instead of bringing DVDs. I never think of losing them or them being damaged, however there's always that risk!! I think even if it isn't ladybug, I can at least do the hit the floor you linked to. Good advice! thank you!

Ebianco: The savory spice store sounds right up your alley. They had a ton of spices and you could try them all!!! I loved it. we have been putting the peppermint vanilla sugar on ice cream, and I swear just a little of it totally changes a whole scoop of ice cream. It's very pepperminty!!! I am not a huge ice cream person, however I am eating a bit with LB and enjoying it!

I have heard that Intermittent fasting works, I have never tried it. I should. I don't think I could do a 36 hour fast though! That's a long time! If it works though, that would be worth it. Interesting stuff. I will check out the book.

Hi Lucie!!!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-05-24, 06:19 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Today - BUG + lower body & back + some stretching

ebianco - fitness favorites is still selling firm & fitprime DVDS so I'm sure they don't want their workouts posted on youtube. I'm impressed that you can fast. I can barely make it between meals - if I skip lunch my headache turns into a migraine. sigh. the treadmill walking is still pretty good exercise for a rest day!

buzzer - great job on lengthening your runs. and YES leave those DVDs at home where they are safe. Honestly I used to take so many dvds when we went to Taos. Now maybe I take on TA dvd. Of course, in Taos I've got some dvds to use but I try to use youtube and my app. so much easier.

hi lucie!
Old 01-06-24, 07:01 PM  
Buzzer

1.75 miles... DONE!
Lady bug floor work... DONE!

I did a shorter workout today, 22 minutes. So my time is slow as you can tell. I went up .2 mph, and had to take 2 breaks of 1 minute each to tap it out. I am going to take these shorter workouts as an opportunity to work on my speed. .2 mph isn't huge, but enough to be tougher!!!

I did lady bug after, and it was good. Easier to do after a 22 minute workout than a 42 minute one!! I really like this after running. It's the perfect stretch, perfect movement, perfect core. I like the flexion and extension of the feet. It all just works so well after a run. I have a run scheduled for every day until we leave... I'll see how I do!! I have some short runs that I can work on speed, and some longer runs for distance. I also figure I can walk any of the workouts I want also.

We have snow in the forecast tomorrow, and Lb and I went to Costco after karate today. What a mistake!! I don't know if it's just a bad day to do Costco (which, of course on a weekend it is) or if people are stocking up for the snow... which is only an inch!... but the usual half empty parking lot was PACKED. Like, we usually can park, however we had to go behind the neighboring business to park. We went in and ate from the "Costco buffet" (free samples) then left. We took inventory of what we will buy when we go back during the week!!!

Eventmom: I looked at YouTube and there is Lady Bug!!! It has been there 2 years, so hopefully it doesn't disappear in the next month! I was using clip grab to download YouTube videos, but lately it hasn't been working for me. So I will have to rely on the user not taking them down!!! I am thanking you again for the hint!!!

Waves to Ebianco and Lucie!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-07-24, 02:50 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Catching up from Friday-treadmill walk fro 60 minutes then Iron Day #22 chest and back (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnHS...xymJ2&index=22) which was great.

Saturday was some various cardio on youtube then Caroline Fuel Day #24 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gBj...P1ofQ&index=27) which was great, it was supersets with a strength exercise for the first exercise then a plank or burpee type move for the second exercise, so lots of core and some metabolic work too. With an extended stretch on my own.

Today was again various cardio on youtube then finished my workout week with Iron #25 shoulders, then Barlates Firm in 15 (https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Fir...tz-p/z1305.htm) Abs chapter for 19 minutes, and it was dynamic with all fours, side laying, then prone work with outer thigh/inner thigh work too and the time went right by! That's 2 workouts from this DVD so far and both winners. I feel like they're a similar flavor as her TA series. Linda has been very busy, she came out with a holiday series with pretty long, varied total body workouts and now she's come out with a New Years series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHvXLRnk5HY) for subscription or purchase only, that also looks great!

Eventmom Yes I know Fitness Favorites is keeping their content close but it is a bummer they aren't more widely available since the DVDs are OOP.

Im thankful I don't have health conditions that would preclude me from fasting because I really enjoy it. I hope your migraines have become few and far between!

Buzzer If I ever find an in-person spice place I'll definitely try it out. The peppermint vanilla sugar sounds delicious!

Yes the 36 hour fast was very long LOL. It could take weeks to feel the effects and I'm still hoping to do it every month. So we'll see!

Lucie waves!
Old 01-07-24, 06:19 PM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.05 miles on the treadmill... maybe more... DONE!
Ttapp ladybug on the floor..DONE.

I ran about 8 1/2 minutes on the treadmill, then iFit locked up. I had to cancel out, reset the machine, and start over. So my 27 minute workout ended up being 27 minutes PLUS 8 1/2 minutes. So overall probably closer to 2.5 miles. I did intervals of slower running and faster running while the trainer (one I don't like! One of the Clarks) was doing walking and running intervals. It was good though. We were on the Hilo side of the island. I am learning a lot!

Lady bug was good. I figure I do it enough and learn it, I will be OK if it's not online any more when I am away. I will have a lot of it memorized then. I was mean this morning, because when she says "I'm 49 going onto 50, so I am in the same boat as you" I rudely said "No you're not because you are DEAD." Poor Teresa Tapp. I'm glad I"m not in her boat! I kinda like being here! I thought she was older than that in lady bug though. Weird that she was younger than I am now!

We are expecting snow tonight, then arctic temps as the week progresses. The only plans we have right now is to go to Martial Arts as much as possible, otherwise I'm camping in. Too cold!!!

Ebianco: I was looking at Linda workouts on total fitness. I looked at some during her Christmas sale, and then again this morning. I just get analysis paralysis. I want them all, but know I won't do them all. Then I start looking through to see which ones I will do, then I look at the titles of the workouts and know I won't know what that means so I won't do it. Plus, if there's a band, I won't do it. Then I get frustrated, try to pare them down, add some in, then close it all up and call it a day. I love Linda, but I just can't figure out what workouts I will get an do, as opposed to love the clips, get, then let it sit because I don't know what it's about. sigh.

She's fantastic though! I do love her.

LB and I have been watching CHiPS. Do you guys remember that show? I don't remember John being such a goody goody and so.... weird. I don't remember Ponch being quite as egotistical as he is, or as goofy. I seem to remember them both being good guys, Ponch just loved the ladies. Now that I'm watching again, maybe it's because it's the first season, but they are both just cartoon characters. It's still a fun show, everyone always lives, and it's fun to remember. My Dad was a motorcycle cop for a while, so I remember watching and thinking that was what he did. LB is loving the motorcycles and how they ride in sync. I don't remember John had a groovy turnstile in his kitchen, and Ponch lives in a trailer!!! Totally don't remember all that. So funny. What a great walk down memory lane!

Hi Eventmom and Lucie! I hope this cold and snow isn't hitting you as hard as it is us, Eventmom!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-08-24, 03:24 PM  
Buzzer

Finally! I've been getting "server is too busy" all morning!
Ran 3.05 miles... DONE!
just stretched.. .DONE!

I was nervous about the 42 minutes run, however I lived! I walked 5 times for 1 minute each, then 2 times at 30 seconds each. So my run total I suppose is 36 minutes, however I am calling it 42

I am loving the runs. I have runs scheduled all the way up until we leave!! Kinda excited about it. I finally looked at the condo we are renting, as well as the hotel we have a pool pass to (which came with the condo) and WOW. We are going to have a blast! You can rent a paddle board for $70 an hour, or get a floating cabana for $225 that comes with a paddle board. Since we can paddleboard all day, I am looking pretty hard at the cabana!!! they have pools, a lagoon, turtles, snorkeling, paddle boarding, those big water bikes, kayaks... plus water slides and fish. I am so excited! I was looking into doing a luau, they have that too! We have to pay extra of course, but it's only 1/2 mile from the condo so it sure beats having to drive 30 minutes to snorkel, another 30 to do a luau... all of it, just 1/2 mile away. I am suddenly excited for the trip!

I know it sounds funny not to be excited, however the planning bogs me down. Trying to find the best deal/best place that isn't a scam, or getting there after paying $150 and finding that the water is murky and they still want their money. So it's exciting to know so much is offered at the hotel we have passes for!

DH is usually go go go, but he told me yesterday he wants to just relax. That was weird! I've vacationed with him for 17 years and he is one that wakes up and wants to go somewhere. So many vacations driving and hiking... waking up early, staying up late, moving and doing. I am usually exhausted by vacations. I'm suddenly thrown into a "relaxing" vacation... with beach days, pool days... I don't quite know what to do!! HA! it's been years!!!!!!!

Anyhow, I'm excited now. We had about 8" of snow last night, so LB is going to sled with the neighbor kids in a bit. She was out plowing with the ATV earlier, and I got to use the snowblower I got for Christmas! I love it!

OK, hopefully this posts. I had so much trouble getting in I am kinda afraid it won't! I'm glad to hear someone heard from Wendy finally. I am not "yay Wendy!! " yet, since she left us in limbo for years. However, I am grateful she is finally contacting someone and passing the torch. I hope it is successful!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14