Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-24, 11:57 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today: girl with a pilates mat - she's got an entire playlist of beginner/senior standing workouts that are 30 min long and will probably be my go to for a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcZ1...GLHro&index=16
added on the adrenal practice

buzzer - yeah we need the rain too but it's just a terrible time for it right now. bad enough if I was 100% but with 2 horses up all day I'm cleaning those stalls 2x day. My helper is getting them all 1x day but sigh I put them all out today with it forecasted to not rain until 3ish but that's now moved up and I'm glued to my weather app's minute cast. Dealing with snow is not fun but it seems like most of the west has been drought or near drought so I'll try to think of that positive part of it. I've never tried to meditate with white noise but I honestly doubt it would help and I know I'm just not interested enough to mess around with sorting out some white noise system and then meditate since I can barely get myself to find 15 minutes for it anyway. that grand canyon run sounded tough so probably good to change things up.

hi ebianco and lucie!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 10:31 AM  
Buzzer

2.64 miles... DONE!
JNL Fusion stretch... kinda DONE!

The run was good. I ran slow because I have my left calf that feels tight and sore still. I'm hoping the slow runs will help it flush out and heal!!! I focused on relaxing, relaxing, relaaaaaxing. HA! I really did. I tried the whole time to relax my legs. I walked my cooldown for .49 miles, and focused on relaxing again. So I guess overall I did a little over 3 miles anyhow. I am not a fan of Advil, however I will be taking it today to see if I can calm down this cranky calf muscle!!!

I couldn't remember what workout I put into the DVD player yesterday, so when I walked in I was hoping I didn't overestimate myself and put in a leg video or something. NOPE! I was nice to me and put in JNL stretch!!! It started really good, side stretches, then for the next like 20 minutes, she did nothing but hamstring stretches. I finally just used her timing (she did every stretch for 30 seconds) and stretched my quads and inner/outer thighs. All she did, seriously, was hamstring stretches. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. Her trainer was even there, and he was acting all into it. I'm thinking... what about other muscles????

I am enjoying the JNL's, but I am seeing some weird things in it that make me think, they so could have done a better job. I like the interval training, however the interval cardio should be called abs and cardio since that's what it was, the stretching I just covered... the upper body workout was good, the time wasted bringing people up to do an exercise is crazy, and the posing is a bit embarrassing. I'm sure it was all covered in reviews of the set, however when I think of JNL I remember really liking it, now I'm thinking, I must have just liked the interval training, because it is a really weird set!!!

We are going to Colorado Springs on Sunday through Tuesday so LB can do 2 days of metalsmithing. I thought about not going up on Easter, however we are expecting snow, and I honestly don't like leaving the house at 7am to begin with, so doing that in the snow makes me all sorts of cranky. So we got a hotel room and will go up Easter evening. Luckily we will be in town with a neighbor for dinner so we can leave right after that.

I don't know if I will get in runs, however I might bring up some weight training and get that done!!! or my P90X yoga that is my favorite!!!

Eventmom: I was telling LB about your horse accident (since she had her own that seems to have freaked her out pretty good) and she was surprised you are already working out. She did pass along her well wishes for a speedy recovery! She still remembers you from the museum, which cracks me up since she and her friend just ran around and didn't really spend time with us!! HA!
She also said she'd help you with your stalls if she were closer. She's a good kid, and strangely like cleaning stalls (for now!).

I discovered there is a part 5 and part 6 to the Grand Canyon run. I thought it ended after part 4! So once my calf heals, I will go for the final two parts of my run. Today's run was through Tokyo, and the crowds gave me huge anxiety!!! How could he run though that??? Just looking at it made me want to go crawl back into my (imaginary) hotel room. Beautiful buildings and cool things, however the people. Ugh. I also cracked up because he would do the routine before entering holy places... he would bow, then he would go over to the water trough thing and use the metal measuring cup to wash his left hand, then his right, then his left, then rinse his mouth, then rinse the cup... and tell us this is what you do before entering these sacred places. Then we move again, and none of the Japanese people are doing this!! They all just walk on by, don't bow, don't purify themselves with the water... cracks me up. Here I am making mental notes for if I ever go to Japan. HA!!

Hi ebianco and Lucie!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 12:27 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - another girl with the pilates mat standing workout and the 10 min adrenal yoga

buzzer - tell LB thanks! I remember her too and I wish she lived closer to help with all things horses. actually stall cleaning is somewhat meditative - I'm not the only person that says this. But when it's multiple times a day ugh. fortunately it dried out enough I could put them all out. The hurt horse is in a shed with a gate on it so it stays dry. If she looked at the workouts I'm doing LB might not be impressed that I'm working out but honestly I've worked out so long that if I sit I just feel terrible - physically and mentally. your runs sound fun!

waves ebianco and lucie!
Old 03-29-24, 09:57 AM  
Buzzer

Ran in Portugal for 2.5 miles... DONE!
JNL Fusion 10 minute total body... DONE!

The run was good. It was only 30 something minutes, but it went fast. Tommy Rivs makes things go so fast. I don't know how he does it!! We ran through Lisbon (?) and started at the center of the political area and moved out to the river. It was really pretty and the history is always fascinating. My left calf is still bugging me, however it didn't bother me as much on this run since I went slow and focused on relaxing. I am not a great runner, but I am a runner!!!

I followed it up with JNL. DH said he wanted to go to breakfast this morning, and was asking last night what time I was running. So I went out early, 6:45am, and ran then did the 10 minute total body so I could be ready to go. It's now 8:48am, I ran, worked out, showered, let the dogs out, folded laundry... and he and LB are still asleep. HA! oh well. Anyhow, the JNL was fun. It was more like a sampler class than a real workout. They all posed and whoo hoo'ed like it was a great workout though. Mostly it was one set for every muscle group for 30 seconds a set, then a few cardio sets added. It was good, but not for a workout!

At least I did something. LB and I are spending Easter evening going up to Colorado Springs for her metal smithing, then staying until Tuesday evening. I believe the workout room there has a treadmill, so I might watch TV and run those mornings. I have a hard time working out in a hotel for some reason, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's just hard. I don't know why.

oh, I weighed myself this morning and I am down 1/2 a pound... however that took me out of the 1*0 down to the 1*9, so it feels like a bigger jump!! So I am down a total of 5 pounds!!! I hope to never see that high weight again. Unless I'm old and can't workout or eat well, then LB will get her exercise from pushing me in my wheelchair.

Eventmom: She said it's relaxing also. I don't understand, but OK!! HA! I didn't like cleaning stalls, so while she did it the lady we did it for had one of those push cleaning things... like this... and I found that quite relaxing too. so maybe it's the same, but different!! She just loves it. I will pass on your message to her!

Sounds like DH is making an appearance now. Finally!! HA! I guess I'd better go wake up LB. I think I have decided we will skip a community next year. I just can't see overhauling our entire curriculum for the next year. I got a subscription to a site called "creating a masterpiece" and got 50% off the year subscription. LB and I have completed a few projects, and I have ordered some of the supplies we will need to complete more. I'm amazed at how well the pictures turn out!!! They have a sample project of oil pastels if you guys want to do one for free. That free one sold me and LB is loving it!! I do too. We are hanging all our art on the wall. So cool!!! Anyhow, I don't want to give up stuff like that to just have community one day a week.

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-29-24, 12:01 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

tried a classical stretch but they love piles and right now not so great. then I tried a different adrenal yoga and nope. finally did a short lee holden. so tomorrow back to girl with a pilates mat. but youtube kept kicking me into ads then putting me back into a different workout, it was crazy!

buzzer - have fun with your family. I can't really sit comfortably so no telling when we'll go out to eat. so have a great time on my behalf!

waves ebianco and lucie!
Old 03-29-24, 12:02 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday everyone,

Catching up on this week:

Monday and Tuesday-planned rest days but I walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes both days

Wednesday-Epic 3 Day 35 no repeat HIIT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myiz...juFXy&index=36) and really liked it! Like most of Caroline's no repeats, she stacks similar exercises on top of each other for maximum burnout. There were 60 exercises but only 20 seconds each so the time went by fast.

Yesterday-Treadmill walk for 55 minutes then Epic 3 Day 31 glutes/hamstrings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbCJ...juFXy&index=32) and I was pretty tired but I still accomplished about 70% of the workout so I was happy with that!

Today-Treadmill walk 45 minutes then Epic 3 Day 32 shoulders/biceps/triceps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sb_...juFXy&index=33) another great workout although I don't love it when she doesn't work all the upper body muscle groups at once on the leg weeks. Still, I definitely felt the burnout.

Eventmom I'm so glad you've been feeling well enough to get in some exercise!

Buzzer Wonderful that you've been able to maintain your 4 pound weight loss! I seem to be going slightly in the opposite direction the last few days but trying not to get worked up about it. Mostly I'm just feeling kind of overly tired and haven't been sleeping well.

Haha I totally remember all the "whoo hooing" in the JNL classes She had some annoying catchphrase that she constantly repeated, (was it "kiss my abs" or something?) but those were solid workouts in general if you could get past all the posturing. I remember the 10 minute total body one being so short, but that the guide recommended repeating it 2x for I guess a 30 minute total body circuit? I don't know how I remember that all of a sudden after all these years! LOL Maybe we were willing to put up with all the posing and catch phrases because there just weren't better options at the time? I definitely remember how over the top it was.
Old 03-30-24, 01:51 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today I did about 20 minutes of light cardio on youtube then Epic 3 Day 33 dynamic and isometric legs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu_S...juFXy&index=35) with I would say a quad emphasis for sure but there was also some hamstring/glutes. It was tough but I got through it all!

Eventmom I hope you continue to feel better!

Buzzer I meant to say in my last check in that I didn't transplant my herbs straight outside, I was putting them in potted plants and my sage, cilantro, and mint was okay but my dill and basil didn't make it so I had to harvest them. Today I transplanted my gorgeous little thyme plant, I ended up having to tear off a lot of the roots (oopsie) trying to gt it out of the little plastic container, so I put that in water with food. Then I transplanted another type of mint in with the sage to see how that goes. But I would eventually like to transplant all of them outside in a big container pot, at least over the summer.

That is so cute about LB handing out lettuce leaves to her friends That's definitely the kind of silly thing I would have done as a kid!!
Old 03-30-24, 05:11 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

another 30 minute standing pilates + 9 min lee holden
found out if I do have a fracture I probably shouldn't be doing anything to stress and pull that area...so I have no idea what to do at this point.

ebianco - I am defiantly feeling better. Still some pain but more able to be comfortable and sleeping a bit better. At this point I'm just frustrated I can't do more. I'm just terrible with plants but it sounds like even with some not making it you have a nice herb garden.

hi buzzer and lucie!
Old 03-31-24, 07:39 AM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.71 miles.. DONE!

I think I was in Croatia. We ran to a big waterfall. There were a few places in this run I didn't like, for example he started out the run in ankle deep and sometimes a little deeper, water. that bothered my feet! I wasn't even running in it, however his shoes were wet and I'm sure his socks were too. So I felt like I was going to get a blister in sympathy of him. The second thing was some crowds on a boardwalk without hand rails that he weaved through. I guess I'm squeamish because those two things bothered me on this run!!! It was good though. Slow but good.

I just did some stretches in my workout room after, then we had to get moving. LB had martial arts all morning, so we had to leave the house at 8:15am and didn't get home until after 10pm. I am POOPED. We had martial arts until 1pm, then we met DH and drove up to my sister's house for Easter. It was fun, however packed day!! LB shot BB guns, airsofts, and they shot off some little fireworks. I brought extra peeps for them to destroy, and they did!! Lots of boys at the celebration! HA! Lady M is awesome that she keeps up with them.

One "new cousin" (friends of my nephews who now attend family celebrations and are honorary cousins) brought two puzzle eggs for LB to find. They each had money in them... one had, $5 and I heard the other had a $20. So she found those and had to solve the puzzle (like a maze) to get them open. It was fun!!! I love that they think of these extra things for her. We all stayed too late, and had a blast. There were 3 cousins for LB, and 2 new cousins there. All boys. So she had a wonderful time! I'm sure she's pooped though. She is serving tea and coffee for the church at 10:30, after 9am service, and I think instead of having her go to church I will just bring her to serve and let her sleep.

I set my alarm yesterday for 5:15am and was out running at 6:15am. Today I set it for about 5:45ish and will probably still run at 7. It's already 6:30 and I had to clean the kitchen, take care of the dogs, and now I'm checking in. I don't think I am in a hurry to go out!!!

Tonight we are going to Colorado Springs to spend the next 2 days. I can probably run, I will lift, and take long showers. Hotels don't charge you for long showers!! I am looking forward to the slow down.

Eventmom: Oh well, there you go. A fracture I mean, you did get some stretching and stuff in and didn't make it worse, so good for you. You really should get that cream then, and see what it can do. It is bone and tissue!!! Maybe it can heal it enough so it's more bearable. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. I hope you are figuring out what works for you to sit easier, and to walk. You can truly say you have a pain in the butt!! HA!
I guess you just have to laugh sometimes!

Can you just do upper body stuff? like maybe sit and be fit (used to be on PBS) or some Classical Stretch or Linda Woolridge stuff just for upper body?

Ebianco: I get ya on the plants not making it thing. I think that's why DH got us this... because he knows I can't do a successful garden on my own. The greenhouse helped, however Alfred is amazing. Plus we don't have to worry about bugs and those darned gnats. I got a bug zapper... like a yard zapper... and put it on the countertop last summer. It helped not only with gnats but all sorts of other flying bugs also. I will turn it on again this summer, however with Alfred we haven't had the problem. I think it's the soil that attracts them.

I did put our dead mint two years ago on the bottom of the greenhouse, because it still smelled good and I thought as we stepped on it at least we will smell mint. Last year, it took over half the greenhouse floor!!! I'm sure this year it will cover the other half. Which is fine because it covers the ground and smells so darned good! Plus I finally feel successful growing something. I pray every year that our trees will come back. Remember I got the fruit-scotto tree and the apple tree that is supposed to grow like 4 or 5 types of apple? They so far I think are still alive. So that's something!

OK, I gotta go check weather. It's been a busy few days, and today is another one!!! I run, get ready, feed the family, take LB to church, then we have about 1/2 hour before we go to the neighbors for Easter dinner. Then right after we drive to Colorado Springs where it slows down for me, however LB has two days of metal smithing. Then hopefully Wednesday we sleep and do nothing.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-31-24, 02:32 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today I started with a light warm up then did two Barlates workouts back to back, first was Endurance 40 'Burn It' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTeS...NQca&index=170) then Knee Friendly Arms and Abs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad5X...dex=151&t=206s) for an overall 83 minute workout. I have definitely enjoyed every single Endurance 30 and Endurance 40 workout I have tried, and I think I've done the majority now. I liked the Knee Friendly workout too and definitely felt the burnout in my abs, and a lesser extent my arms.

I'll check in later with personals