Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-10, 09:53 AM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Found a great workout tracking App for the iphone!

I tried QUITE a few different apps to track my workouts and finally found my favorite:
http://www.macworld.com/appguide/app...7&expand=false

I am doing some workouts at the gym, some DVDs at home, and there will be some outside once the weather permits. So many apps have you track food too and I didn't want to do that. And many wanted you to list a lot of detail on reps and sets and body part which I wasn't going to do either.

This app was easy to customize and easy to enter data. Some were very frustrating to work with - to say the least! I selected an icon and different color for each activity and can then see the total time I do each activity. A lot of other graph options but this was what I wanted to track. If I want to see different data though I can select that and see it.

For DVDs I made a generic Cardio DVD and Strength DVD category and can add a note to list the specific DVD.

The calendar displays the colored icon for the workout that I did. Although if I did more than one workout that day only the icon for the last workout shows on the calendar but below and in the journal I will see all the workouts I did that day. I can enter multiple workouts in one day which some apps didn't allow.

I can track my weight as well.

Before I bought it I had some questions and emailed. I got a quick response and the company seems very focused on customer feedback for improvement. They do have a food focused app and that one you need the software to fully utilize but MySportTraining works as a stand alone.

I paid $5 for the app but well worth it in my opinion.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 03:04 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

you did good considering there aren't a realy good display of screen shots. Those that I saw, would not get me to purchase. I like your review but I'd like to see more. So the ones on the app store did not meet your needs? I'd like to keep track but my excuse is, I just don't. Since I don't do rotations or am not looking to see a visable difference in my arms or butt, for me, I guess it does not matter. I just want to exercise.. I'm in one of the check-ins where you get to do what you want so I'm not sure of keeping track, would help me do better or not. How does it help you?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 04:00 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

I like seeing the little colored icons on the calendar and hate it when I know there should be one and there isn't! My goal is to increase workout time so seeing the amount of time for each activity does help motivate me. I can also see if I might want to add more of something to balance things out or get more variety. I am not into a specific rotation either. They have some better screen prints and the user's guide on their website but some of the screen prints on that page are for another app they have. THis one is in the itunes appstore and they have some screen prints of it too.

This one was really fast for me to set up with the activities I wanted and then I deleted ones that were in there so less to sort through. It might have been easier because of the time I spent trying with other ones. I never had to look at the User's Guide with this one. There were a lot of options that I didn't even know it had from the write up and screen prints. Entering my workout is really quick too and if I forgot to add a note I can go back and edit. I am not the most techy person and some were so frustrating I gave up even trying to figure them out. Having all the different colors and shades of colors was a plus for me!
2009 - 312/300

- Chinese Proverb

Old 03-11-10, 04:13 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

okay. I'll look in the app store. color drives me also. I'll be back and let you know if I can use this.. then you can help me

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 07:16 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Happy to help if I can.
2009 - 312/300

- Chinese Proverb

Old 06-28-11, 08:25 PM  
cooldham

Reviving an old thread...Marie, are you still using this? How are you liking it a few months in?
Old 06-28-11, 08:55 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldham View Post
Reviving an old thread...Marie, are you still using this? How are you liking it a few months in?
This thread is actually over a year old....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote