Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-13, 07:42 AM  
cambet

Anyone interested in sharing the Ultimate Yogi experience?

Hi All,

I just received the Ultimate Yogi Program and I'm going to start a rotation soon. Is anyone else who is doing it, or is planning to start it soon, interested in sharing the experience? If so, we could start a check-in.

I haven't worked out in a few weeks, so I would really appreciated the support and in sharing the experience, I would like to be supportive. Please let me know I will start the check-in!
Old 06-23-13, 09:12 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

No check-in for me - I suck at them, lol - but I wanted to wish you good luck!
I'm starting Travis' Foundations DVD this week and will aim for 3x a week. My DH UY and is doing the Flexibility routine as we speak.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 12:26 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I am busy with other things at the moment, but wanted to chime in and say if no one here takes you up on it, the UY facebook group is a little bit active and very supportive, if you're a fb member.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 12:44 PM  
altinker

Unfortunately, I can't dedicate the full hour that some of these classes require right now, and I don't necessarily want to do it like 7 days a week. But, I have been doing about 20 to 30 minutes a day for the last week and a half that I've owned it. I have done it about 6 times during the last 10 or 11 days. The first day, I did the whole Cross Train.

I have to say that I love it. I think they are really well produced, the instruction is great. I have a lot of shoulder/neck tension, and I find that just the 20 to 30 minutes and all of the down dogs (which felt like agony at first, but you get used to them) has really helped me not feel so tight.

I would love to alternate this with barre, but again, I am so short on time.

I also have a Dailey Method Groupon that I need to use by 7/31.

I'll do a check in with you if you want. I don't know how those work though.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 09:59 AM  
cambet

Ladies,

I appreciate your responses.

Gina, I hope that you enjoy Foundations!

Bee, I saw the FB UY group. I thought about joining it, as it is an open group, but my concern is that I don't want all of my FB friends to know about my experience with UY. Not that it's some big secret, but I just don't want my business out there, like that. I'm assuming that if I join, everyone can see that. Do you know if that's the case?

Altinker, thanks so much for offering to join a check-in with me. If we move forward, I would just start a thread in the check-in section and we would share what we are doing every day or as often as we would like. I really appreciate your kindness, but if that doesn't sound like something you are interested in, that is fine, no hard feelings, so just let me know!

I'm thinking about starting the rotation today or tomorrow.
Old 06-24-13, 01:38 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

cambet,

Good luck with your rotation. You could check the existing check-ins to see if there is already a UY check-in. I know that when UY first came out, there were VFers that followed the UY rotation. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. I love the UY DVDs but I only do a UY DVD once or twice a week. I mix it with other wos including Buti which is another yoga fix that I'm currently doing..
Old 06-24-13, 11:07 PM  
wellnesswife

I would be willing to join the check in although planning UY only a few times a wk & mixing in other workout with lots of dog walks if u don't mind...
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-13, 11:34 PM  
cindylm

I am doing it at the moment though sporadically.

I started the set about 4 or 5 months ago and keep going back to the beginning because of a lack of consistency

Unfortunately I just cannot do it every day as I don't have that hour that it needs.

It's fantastic though and my flexibility has improved a lot. I used to always get comments about dropping my shoulders, now I find I am not holding them as tight any more.

I've also started TA Abcentric and I am subbing that for his hardcore session
cindylm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 12:11 AM  
Kathleen86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambet View Post
Bee, I saw the FB UY group. I thought about joining it, as it is an open group, but my concern is that I don't want all of my FB friends to know about my experience with UY. Not that it's some big secret, but I just don't want my business out there, like that. I'm assuming that if I join, everyone can see that. Do you know if that's the case?
You can create another facebook profile w/ an alias..I did that so I can comment on the Tracy Anderson page without it flooding the newsfeed. Just remember which account your on.
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 08:48 AM  
newellcr

I don't know what FB setting I clicked, but some time ago, I spent a lot of time with the privacy settings. I've used the profile 'view as' feature and the UY FB don't show up on feeds my friends can see. I do know that when I liked the basic UY page, that showed up in my feed, but none of my UY group posts show up in my friends feed. My wife has also confirmed that she never sees the group posts... Not sure that is a lot of help, but there is a way to hide the group posts.
newellcr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ultimate yogi