Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-05, 09:04 PM  
Sarah K
VF Supporter

HeavyHands walking

I've had HeavyHands for several years now (3 lbs and 4 lbs). Have used them for the Great Weighted Workout, etc. back in the 90's and use the 3 lb weights for low impact tapes. I have also used them on walks on and off for years. Now, I am thinking about using them for weighted walks-- to up the intensity of walking without having to jog (I dread jogging now). I am thinking of using them up to three days a week (alternating with heavier weights two or three days a week, and hi-low aerobics and step tapes). I feel this may be a good workout for me because I like slower exercise (not really a fast walker, I'm a very slow jogger) but need a good cardio workout several times a week.

A couple of questions:

What have been your "results" from adding weights to walking?

Have you had any injuries from using them for walks?

I have the HeavyHands book (not the walking book) but find the whole book a little hard to follow. I just basically do a level 2 arm swing (up to my shoulder) and alternate with some delt flies, biceps curls, and tricep moves. Should I do more arm movements or is pumping my arms in any manner enough? Should I go lighter (2 lb) and swing up to my ears?

Has anyone used HeavyHands to do both weights and cardio in the same workout so that you have eliminated separate strength workouts?

Thanks for any advice.
Sarah K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heavyhands, tendonitis, tennis elbow, walking with weights