Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 08-22-14, 07:13 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Recommendation for Citrus Juicer

I am looking for a citrus juicer because hand squeezing oranges and lemons does not yield enough juice. I once bought a manual juicer but you had to put so much pressure on it that it just didn't work well for me. It was like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Metrokane-Migh...+juicer+manual

So now I am looking for an electric juicer.

I was thinking of this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Can anyone recommend a quality citrus juicer that doesn't require a lot of hand strength and is reasonably priced?

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 09:30 PM  
BunnyHop

I was hunting for one a while ago, and copped out and bought the one on sale price at the grocery store (Proctor Silex? ). It's met my needs just fine, the top bits go in the dishwasher without a problem, and the base is easy to wipe clean.
I've seen another 'lemonade stand' version in brighter colors for more money.

The juice collects in the bottom, that's kind of like a pitcher, so once you remove the top bits, and persuade it to let go of the base, you can pour the juice where you want it.

The seeder/strainer is adjustable, and seems to work well, IMO.

I wish I still had the old Black and Decker that dad had years ago, but it got old and gross and I tossed it out. Wish now I hadn't been so squeamish, but I got tired of that grubby old thing, LOL! It put out a tidy stream of juice into your cup.

One trick I've learned that works especially well with limes is have them at room temp, to roll them on the counter, then half them and slice them several times (basically making a square, one slice in each quadrant) before juicing. Lots more lime juice that way.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 08:49 PM  
rosepetals

I use an Angel juicer. It juices everything from citrus to wheat grass. It makes nut milks, nut butters, ice creams. . .
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 09:33 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I have that electric juicer from Cuisinart. I've only used it a few times but it was pretty easy to use and I have arthritis in the base of my thumbs. It comes apart for easy cleaning. I do have to remind myself that if I really squish down on the fruit to get every last drop of juice it kind of defeats the purpose of getting the electric one.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-14, 01:04 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
I use an Angel juicer. It juices everything from citrus to wheat grass. It makes nut milks, nut butters, ice creams. . .
I checked this out on Amazon. It looks like a Cadillac juicer that does more than I need, takes more space than I have not to mention the cost. It does look neat though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
I do have to remind myself that if I really squish down on the fruit to get every last drop of juice it kind of defeats the purpose of getting the electric one.
LOL. You do have a point. I think I might just do it the old fashioned way-ask my husband to do it!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote