Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-12, 12:19 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

We didn't take photos. After 2 hours of working out with Ilaria, we basically had only 2 things on our minds---showering and/or eating lunch .

Lucia, Sophie Kat, bk1, buffmama, lreidgreen, and fitnessguru, it was really fantastic meeting all of you and having such a nice chat! I hope we can get together again.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 02:04 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Unhappy

Thanks for sharing your experience, Abbe. Ilaria sounds very nice!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Last edited by Sue B; 07-16-12 at 02:05 PM. Reason: don't know why the sad face appeared!
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 03:36 PM  
fitnessguru

NY VF Fitness Day

Hi Abbe! Just wanted to thank you for putting our wonderful fitness day together. Sophie said it all in her post. I had a great time not just working out w/Ilaria & talking w/her (boy was I spent after those 2 hours) but also meeting and getting to know some of the VF ladies. I hope we can do this again in October.

PS: Does anyone else have major DOMS today besides me? LOL

Take care,
Kathy H
fitnessguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 05:08 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Kathy, it was great seeing you again! I don't have DOMS today, but last night, I literally collapsed from exhaustion (I only had 5 hours sleep the night before, so I was running on fumes all day ).

Could everyone who went to the get-together yesterday please go over to Flickr? Thanks!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 05:19 PM  
KathAL79

Super jealous of your live classes with Ilaria! I'm glad to hear you all had a great time.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 05:50 PM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessguru View Post
PS: Does anyone else have major DOMS today besides me? LOL

Take care,
Kathy H
ME! It's gotten worse as the day has progressed . At least I feel worked out!
Old 07-16-12, 06:16 PM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk1 View Post
I did around 1/2 of the Powerstrikes workout as I was too close to other exercisers and was scared of kicking somebody or getting kicked. (Went downstairs to use the treadmills.) Then the first 45 minutes of the sculpting class. I left early to catch the early train home (left the class at 1:15, got home at 2:45) because I had grocery shopping and stuff to do at home. I had fun, but actually now I prefer the home workouts... nobody to worry about hitting except possibly my cat... which I have done when she's gotten under me.
It was pretty crowded, for sure!
Old 07-16-12, 07:27 PM  
buffmama

To combine two thread a little: I roam a little but comparatively, I'm not too slutty. It also turns out I don't like sharing and really prefer my action one on one. When Ilaria is in my living room it's the two of us. Yes, the crew is there as voyeurs but it's still all about me. I know who she's talking to - me. I know who she's cuing - me. I know who she's smiling at - me. I can hear her voice over the music. Everyone at my house knows the proper degree of reverence to greatness - I am inspired to do great things, DS stares in awe at her muscles and wonders how we can get those, and kitty stays away. When she says we're going to do something I'm more apt to follow along faithfully than think 'I know she's not talking to me' 'cause I'm not doing that. I don't have to watch the woman in front of me to know what's going on because I can't see Ilaria. I don't have to feel like I should apologize to guy behind me who had to watch me do squats from that angle. (Although thankfully he did smile at me so maybe it didn't cause him irreparable damage.) And I don't work out so hard and for so long that my fingers tingle by the time I'm done (yes, I had DOMS the next day). I'm not lonely at home because ya'll are right there with me. Sweating me with me, teaching me, motivating me, encouraging me.

That said I'm sad the day is over. I trained for it for about 6 weeks having never done any Powerstrike previously. I had a goal and something to look forward to - meeting Ilaria and some VFers in person and sharing one of the things we love best. Ilaria seems in real life just the way she is in my home - a genuinely nice person and I'm glad for the experience. I could keep up (for the most part), I got out of my comfort zone, and tried something new. Now in true vidiot fashion I am motivated to try Bodystrikes and her new workouts coming out this August which she said are even harder (don't even want to think where Abs and Push-Ups should fit in) . Somehow when she tells me to try at home, I try, because she also tells me how to modify so I can. Which just underscores that fitness, like life, is a journey and not a destination.

Thank you Abbe and everyone who was there sweating with me. I won't have traded the experience for anything in the world and look forward to more live classes in the future since I plan to get wilder with age. Hope to see some old friends and make some new ones when that happens.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 07:36 PM  
Sharaz

I'm happy for you all. Seems it was a wonderful day
Old 07-16-12, 07:40 PM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I trained for it for about 6 weeks having never done any Powerstrike previously.
Very awesome, buffmama! It paid off -

Your entire post is great (and a few lol and I totally was nodding in agreement with everything ) - great day and I'm so glad you were there!