Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-24, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Diane - we are getting some type of snow this weekend, on Saturday. No clue how much yet. It looks like our temps are going to hover just above freezing, so it may not be too bad here. That is usually the way here - it is always right around freezing so we either get rain, snow or ice - and no clue until it actually starts falling.

NOT looking forward to it. I think I'm going to plan a day of cooking on Saturday. Got to get back to healthier food choices after the holiday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-24, 10:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morninng!

Yesterday:

52 minute outdoor walk

Chilly but sunny walk yesterday. Not sure about today. I have a guy coming soon to look at the basement for some mold remediation and to fix the stairs. Ugh. Then I'm meeting a friend later so I'll see what I can fit in.

DIANE, good steps and workouts. Even though it's hard to believe from my track record lately I do prefer strength training too.

They are saying 5 to 8 inches of snow here Saturday!!

PAT, good luck returning to work. Take it slow.

DONNA, take care. It is very odd with Wendy. The silence is fueling so much speculation.

Waves BETH. Did you find those egg weights?

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-24, 10:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Breezing through - I'm only doing a half day today.

Sadhana Day 2 - Yoga Ranger Meditation for When You Feel Depleted & Exhausted. That's it!

Waves everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-24, 06:48 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

I just got an email from Beth as she couldn't log in. She had her surgery today and it went really well! Pathologist said it was "early squamous" which is the best news. She won't be cleared to workout for another week or so and, LOL - her head is all wrapped so she will be trying to dodge zoom meetings or come up with a good story! I vote for the good story!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 08:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I managed to do:

Yoga Booty Ballet Live - Hip Hop Abs - these are good for mood boosters, they are a little cheesy but fun.

Dog Walk - slow...my dog is slow!

Trifecta Pilates - Reach to Release - this was a nice stretching session.

I spread all of the above throughout the day.

Today, so far:

Trifecta Pilates - Cadillac Mat Class - this was a nice routine, I guess she was mimicking some of the moves you do on the Cadillac but I don't have one and have never used one, so I will take her word for it.

I'll do some type of cardio or walking later.

Pat - it is good you are easing back into things. I think if I had to work in the office I would have probably taken Tuesday and Wed off - the fatigue/fog is lifting for me slowly

Diane - I'm glad that Beth's surgery went well - I hope she is able to post again soon. For me it is hit or miss - the other night I couldn't get in at all but yesterday and today were fine.

Waves Summer Breeze!

Donna
Old 01-04-24, 10:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all!

I ended up leaving around 2:30. After a rest at home I had to go grocery shopping, what a drag. I'm counting it as my exercise for the day. First time I got over 4,000 steps since Christmas week.

I dabbled around on YouTube looking for COVID recovery workouts, and sure enough there are plenty. I started chuckling because they're just gentler offerings with COVID in the title.

Summer Breeze, that's a lot of snow. Our predictions are all over the place. Good luck with the basement guy.

Diane, thank you for the news about Beth.

Donna, I see you started on some YBB. Those workouts have some of the best music in DVD Land.

Beth, if you get to log in - I'm sending prayers your way, heal up well now.
Old 01-04-24, 10:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

LWR - 10 Min. Weight Loss Walk & HiiT

I managed to fit this short workout in between my other errands and appts. It surprisingly got my heartrate up a bit and energized me too. I really should fit some short LWR workouts in as sparks here and there.

DIANE, thanks for letting us know about BETH. When I told people how I broke my ankle last year they always said "oh you need to come up with a better story" LOL

PAT, glad you were able to leave work early and that you're taking it slow. I checked the weather again. Now they're saying 1 to 3 inches Saturday. So they are clueless as always.

DONNA, you and your doggie are taking it slow. LOL. Good job with your workouts.

BETH, take care. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 10:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Summer Breeze, I hope the whole thing blows out to sea. Last I saw this morning, Mass. may be getting a foot.

Donna, I just read your post in the contentious WWW thread. I agree 100%. It's sad how that thread is going.
Old 01-04-24, 10:56 AM  
amoodygirl

Could not get in this morning - finally!

Good morning!
I so hope the snow moves away from the Northeast but the weather people are calling it a Nor’easter so there you go. I keep checking the weather and the most current report is 1-3 inches for us. I hope it doesn’t change!

Last night DH had a twinge of pain under his knee so I told him to stay home and I walked the neighborhood – 34 minutes.

Steps: 9152

Today’s workout:
  • Cyberpump Day 21 – Chest, Shoulders, Triceps – I was wiped after this workout, mainly because I lifted heavier. I had planned on doing dips and KB swings but that wasn’t going to happen!
  • Ab Challenge Day 8
  • Treadmill Incline Walk
  • Stretch

I hope to walk the neighborhood this afternoon. I’m planning on meeting a friend for coffee but still don’t know what time that will be.

Summer Breeze: It’s always something with a house, isn’t it?

Nahhhhh…. We all go in cycles. Sometimes I’m super strict and committed, other times not so much.

Yikes, 5 -8 inches!!!! I hope it moves out to the ocean more so you’ll be spared.

LOL! It’s so funny about “coming up with a better story!”

Pat: Good girl – put yourself before anything else. Just get better. DH’s best friend will be spending MLK weekend with us and he and his wife just got over Covid. It’s the first time they’ve had it so I grilled him yesterday and told him he will have to test before coming over. I’m surprised this is his first time as he, like I used to be, is an avid concert-goer. He even asked me if there were any concerts nearby that we could go to and I told him I stopped going to concerts because of Covid. It makes me sad but it’s not just me, it’s my DH, it’s anyone I may be in contact with and pass it inadvertently. What a world….

Be kind to yourself! Don’t worry about steps, etc. Covid is no joke so we need to give ourselves some grace.

Donna: You did quite a bit! Glad you are feeling better and able to get back into your routine.

I’ve had trouble off and on getting in to VF. I’m not hopeful this will last.

Waves to Beth – hope you can sign on today! Have a great day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 09:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still on my YBB kick, it has been fun to re-visit these.

Last night I did the Cardio Cabaret and today I did the Latin Flavor.

I have two more of the Lives to do - Light & Easy and Sculpt. I don't have the Bollywood one for some reason.....??? But that is ok. I may go on to do the originals or I may feel like moving on to something else next week. Time will tell.

Summer Breeze, Pat and Diane - I hope the snow isn't bad for you. For us I think they are predicting mainly rain and a general mess of slush. I am just not a fan of snow and dealing with it. Around here life grinds to a halt - not like that is a big deal for me, LOL! I have always been somewhat of a hermit, and the pandemic just reinforced it.

That thread about WWWendy did get out of hand - starting a thread like that is just asking for trouble. Sadly, whatever happens to VF will happen. I appreciated KarenJo's post about all Wendy did to keep the site up - and after hearing about the nightmare, I can see why she never wanted to upgrade again. I bookmarked the other sites and if I need to move there I will. Hopefully VF will just keep chugging along.

Hope everyone has a good start to the weekend!

Donna