Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-03, 07:32 AM  
French

So IRRITATED with Fitprime's Website!!!!

I could just SCREAM at this point. I know this may SEEM off topic, but I am looking for information. But first, my vent...

I ordered G-Force on DVD. NOWHERE on the site does it indicate when this is expected to be released. In fact, the only hint that it isn't currently available is the blurb about how the "price will go up once it's released". So from that blurb, I assume it isn't ready to go yet. Fine, but when I e-mailed customer service to confirm this, could I get a response? No...but darn if I'm not getting Anna's 6 e-mails a week about things I could care less about. I just want to know when I can expect this darn DVD.

They have already charged my credit card for it.

So I post on their site asking when the DVD is scheduled to release. Someone FINALLY responds to me, and I go to read the response and it doesn't recognize me as a registered user, so I can't SEE the board to even get to the thread. Then, compound that with I keep getting a Microsoft Run Error, and I can't even move the stupid MOUSE without getting the stupid error. So I have to go into Control Manager to shut down the application.

If this is ANY indication of what I can expect when I finally get this work out, I'm sorry I ever ordered. I don't give a rats....you know what...how good the workout might be...I won't be doing THIS again.

ANNA: PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND IF YOU CAN'T, GET HELP AND AT LEAST CLOSE DOWN THE SITE UNTIL YOU DO.

I'm sorry...I'm just incredibly frustrated right now.

So, does anyone know the answer to my question...which in case my rant distracted you, was ...WHEN is the G-Force DVD expected to be released?

Thank you in advance for your patience and help.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-03, 07:52 AM  
lovely4deb
VF Supporter

Angry You mean Fitprime!

I agree 100%!! The original intentions
of Fitprime were good. Many people were
disappointed in customer service.
But once they started CHARGING
to use the forums...well, some VF posters
think WE are micromanaged LOL!!
lovely4deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-03, 07:59 AM  
3eyedgoat

Well I just went to fitprimes site and there is an error but I can view things just fine. Robin responded to your thread saying "I think some time near Thanksgiving." Did you not know that this order would be a pre-order? Other companies such as Cathe Friedrich do this so they can get your money early but give you a cheaper price. Anna has said the DVDs will be released during the holidays but things don't often work out so you could be waiting a number of months. You won't get an exact date out of them at this point and even when things are progressing you'll never know for sure so I'd just plan to be patient or get my money back. I'm not sure if you can get your money back with pre-orders from fitprime though.
3eyedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-03, 08:15 AM  
French

I fixed my title to reflect the REAL name of the REAL website I hate right now...

I suspected my order was a pre order from the blurb about the price going up "when released". I'm actually fine with the fact that it's a preorder, and I'm also o.k. that I've already paid for it even though it's no where near close to being in my possession. My biggest gripe is the lack of response. And if you select the G-Force DVD, there is NOTHING mentioned on that description as to the estimated release/ship date. NOTHING. Not even "holidays".

But thank you so much for telling me what Robin's response said, because I can't even access the boards right now to read it myself...my other big gripe...How messed up does a site have to be before someone realizes they need to shut it down and clean it up? I mean, when you select the description for the DVD, "Steamin' Cardio/Fast Cheetah", you actually get the description for Strong Bear/Floor Burn!!

Jimminey Cricket!!

Thanks for the responses.
Old 11-05-03, 10:44 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Excuse me ????????

Are you saying that G-force isn't available on DVD yet? Gee, I wonder if that's why they sent me the VHS instead and haven't answered any of the emails I've sent them asking them to correct the problem!

By the way, I got an email saying that all FitPrime workouts are on sale through November 7. Is that indicated on their site? I told them I wanted my DVD for the sale price, since they haven't shipped it yet.

Edited: Just talked to someone at FitPrime and they 'hope' to have the DVD available the end of November. I cancelled my order for it, and they're sending me a postage-paid envelope so I can return the VHS Sounds good to me!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-03, 10:48 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Hi French,

I don't know who Robin is since I only went to the FitPrime site once since it became a paid forum (only because it was an Open House and then realized it was boring so I left). But I wouldn't rely on the sometime Thanksgiving comment. Last year, FitPrime advertised a four pack VHS for Christmas 2002. Lots of people were upset since they weren't released during that time frame. It was March 2003 when the last of the four pack was released. Just letting you know so that you will not get too disappointed if you don't get it by Thanksgiving. Or if that's not acceptable to you, you can try to get your money back if you hate the fact that there's no definite date (although I don't know FitPrime's refund policy).

I believe that Anna cut ties with the Webmaster and is trying to learn everything herself. That's why the forum and the site is a mess.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-03, 10:50 AM  
cmiyachi

Angry I have more problems!

I finally caved and ordered G-Force, Floor Burn, and Crunch Time with Floor Burn on sale. I couldn't believe the shipping charges ($15!!!!).

Then this week they all went all sale. I hadn't recieved the videos yet so I e-mailed customer service for a refund. (I would have saved $13 if I waited 1 week).

Yesterday the videos arrived.

Based on all I've heard, I doubt I'll get a refund or even an acknowledgement.

On the good side, I did floor burn last night and loved it.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-03, 02:28 PM  
French

Well, I finally got a response today (after firing off a fairly nasty e-mail). I was told the DVDs would be available at "Christmas" time.

Get this...I have an automatic siggy in my e-mail set up. My name is Francie. The idiot that finally responded to me addressed me as Frankie. WTH??? I realize it's only one letter off, but you have a mad customer that is accusing you of having bad customer service and not getting back in a timely manner, and you are going to address them by the WRONG NAME???!!

So for those that wanted to know...DVDS = Christmas (so they say). I'm not sure why G-Force (and the others that already existed) are taking so long since they just need to be transferred...but who am I to question.
Old 11-05-03, 07:54 PM  
verygentlebreezes
VF Supporter

Quote:
I believe that Anna cut ties with the Webmaster and is trying to learn everything herself. That's why the forum and the site is a mess.
Is there anyone that Anna hasn't cut ties with at this point? :rolleyes:
verygentlebreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-03, 09:06 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by verygentlebreezes
Is there anyone that Anna hasn't cut ties with at this point? :rolleyes:
Well, I really hope that she hasn't cut ties with Tracie, Susan, or JAC (see other FitPrime thread). I really like those three instructors (as well as Heidi and Kelsie).

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote