Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-24, 04:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

2024 Thrift Store Finds

Found anything cool in a thrift store or used bookstore? Please post so we can share in your excitement.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-24, 09:51 PM  
Leonana

I bought a 10 pound kettlebell today from Goodwill for $9.97. The brand is TKO, and it’s plastic with sand (I think) inside. It’s twice as big as my iron 15 pound kettlebell, so I’m having second thoughts on ease of use. However, I tried some swings and overhead moves, and it seems okay. At least it will be easier on the floor if I drop it!
Old 01-20-24, 07:09 PM  
star117

I saw a Fluidity bar for $14.99 last week but I already have one. There was a 2dvd set of elements barre conditioning and ballet conditioning unopened for $2. I wanted to read reviews before I commit to such a high dollar purchase haha
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-24, 07:16 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
I saw a Fluidity bar for $14.99 last week but I already have one. There was a 2dvd set of elements barre conditioning and ballet conditioning unopened for $2. I wanted to read reviews before I commit to such a high dollar purchase haha
I’d buy the Fluidity at that price if I could find it. I have both of the Element dvds and though they were good.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-24, 01:10 AM  
Leonana

I haven’t been seeing many fitness dvds in my area Goodwills, usually just one yoga dvd. I would see around 20 or so in the past. I wonder if they aren’t putting them out.
Old 01-21-24, 09:47 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I haven’t been seeing many fitness dvds in my area Goodwills, usually just one yoga dvd. I would see around 20 or so in the past. I wonder if they aren’t putting them out.
I’ve seen many dvds from Goodwill on eBay. They probably make more profit that way than in store.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-24, 01:04 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I’ve seen many dvds from Goodwill on eBay. They probably make more profit that way than in store.
I wondered if they were selling them online.
Old 01-22-24, 04:29 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I’d buy the Fluidity at that price if I could find it. I have both of the Element dvds and though they were good.
If I didnt have one already, I would have snapped it up!
Thanks! I will probably go back and get them this week if they're still there.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-24, 12:48 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I saw a balance wobble board at my local CHKD store today. It was made out of plastic instead of wood, & as far as I could tell, there were no level adjustments. I tried it out briefly, fell off, & figured I didn't need another thing in my house (I was at the thrift store to drop a load of clothes off.) However, I really need to work on my balance--I will use yoga poses.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-24, 01:39 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I saw a balance wobble board at my local CHKD store today. It was made out of plastic instead of wood, & as far as I could tell, there were no level adjustments. I tried it out briefly, fell off, & figured I didn't need another thing in my house (I was at the thrift store to drop a load of clothes off.) However, I really need to work on my balance--I will use yoga poses.
Good thing to pass on. Brooke Shields broke her femur on a balance board. Brooke Shields breaks femur

Tags
thrift store finds, yoga burn, zoe bray cotton