Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Getting Started with Videos
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-03, 11:04 AM  
witcheywayz

newbie with a couple questions

Hi - I have been reading the forum for a short time and LOVE IT here!!!

I wish I would have found this site before my recent order at collage as I would have ordered a bit differently.

I have been working out at home for a few years but not with videos..I use a treadmill, rebounder, and free weights along with a couple books.

I do have a step tape with Kelli Roberts and Cher that I used to do all of the time and loved but it was the only tape i had and I got sick of it. I have the nice big step and would like to incorporate that back into my routine. I'd rather get harder tapes and modify and grow with them.

I also had to make the ballet barre that I read about here!! So cool. I have the callenetics book and will use the bar for that. Can anyone recommend other videos to use with my barre?

Nice to be here.

Lori who really wants a bosu!!!
witcheywayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-03, 12:39 PM  
gimmat
VF Supporter

The Lotte Berk Method workouts use a barre:
Everything Lotte Berk Thread

As for step, there are so many! I fell in love with Christi Taylor step with "Still Steppin'"--she has advanced choreography, but so fun to learn. You may find some suggestions via:
Getting Started

I know others will pop in with great advice, so good luck choosing!
gimmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-03, 05:51 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Lori,

Welcome to VF. You really have a good routine without the videos! Now that you have found VF, just watch your credit cards...

One of my favorite step tapes is Body Tech by Kari Anderson. It is a LOT of fun. And, she layers complexity levels. She starts with the simple pattern, then adds variations, then more, then more. I'm slowly working into the intermediate level complexity and ignoring what I probably won't get for a year. The nice thing about it is that you don't have to modify it down in complexity. You can add up when you are ready.

Laura
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-03, 07:53 AM  
witcheywayz

Thanks for the responses! My husband is a little worried about the credit card LOL

I really don't feel guilty as I would be paying quite a bit for a gym membership. The tapes are adding a lot of fun that was missing in my routine.

We happened to dine at a restaurant across the street from a Borders...so I had to go in and check out their fitness selection. they happened to stock the lotte berk method 4 pack (had to buy it)!! It looks awesome and I can't wait to try it.

I am going to check out Body Tech at Collage! I started a wish list in my workout journal of the tapes I want

Lori
witcheywayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-03, 01:07 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Lori,

You're fitting in just fine! Just watch as the wish list grows!

Laura
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote