Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-11-21, 10:57 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I walked on the treadmill tonight and got my 10,000 + steps both days over the weekend. Friday I had a migraine. I've got to add weights back in this week. In an effort to spend less time on social media, I cleaned my sewing area and organized my fabric over the weekend. I'm going to work more on crafts/sewing to keep my hands and mind busy.
A while ago, someone asked what Grammy jammies are - they are footed fleece pajamas. The girlies loved them
tangerine, congrats on the weight loss! Way to go!
Beth, I am so sorry this has been so miserable for you. Big hugs to you!
donnamp, I'm glad you are finding things to help your hip.
AnMrsDe, I hope your hip feels much better too.
Luv2wo, I'm so sorry about your foot! Not fun.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 11:27 AM  
amg

I finally have some good news. We are adopting a dog that we will welcome into our home this weekend. We haven't had a pet in 12 years since our last cat passed away. Our son was really wanting a dog so we got lucky and found a little cutie that is still full of energy and so lovable at the 1st private animal rescue place we contacted.

AMD - Hope your hip is feeling better!

Luv2WO - Hope the foot is healing. You seem to be doing great with still exercising around your foot.

tangerine - Congrats on the weight loss

Cher - I see you are using Jessica Smith this month. I am hoping to start her workouts today and use them and Namaste Yoga for the rest of the month. Although, I really want to add in a 1 or 2 step workouts a week.

Cola - Welcome! I am still pretty new to this checkout. I enjoyed reading your workouts. I feel like I should follow your structure to fit more in during the day. I have a hard time finding more than one set hour of time to exercise but I have a lot of chances for 15 - 30 mins here and there during the day.

Chrys - Enjoy your crafts and sewing! It's a good plan to keep your mind busy.
Old 01-13-21, 06:32 AM  
Cher

amg, awww, congratulations on the dog! I love dogs! My DH doesn’t want to be tied down with a pet but my Sister-in-law lives down the street and they got a puppy last year so I borrow her whenever I need my doggie fix! She has been down here visiting for a few hours the past couple days!

Luv2WO, my cousin is doing better.....not back to normal but he is better. Thanks for thinking about him. He’s been home since right before Christmas so at least that’s good.

AnMrsDe, I hope your hip is doing better.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 01:33 PM  
AnMrsDe

HI everyone!

Thank you, Donna, Linda, Cher, Beth, Luv2WO, Chrys, amg, and Tangerine for the well wishes!! My hip is doing somewhat better but still painful. I think the rest/stretches/easier workouts have helped though. One thing I noticed is that my appetite has really diminished since I haven't been doing such hard workouts....hmmm...interesting! Some more good news is I have gotten so much accomplished this week, LOL! I got my kitchen cabinets cleaned out as well as my island drawers (which includes my junk drawer)!! I also got my fridge/freezer cleaned out. Oh, it feels so GOOD and I feel so organized!! Next up is cleaning out my linen cabinets and maybe a few closets. It's amazing what I can get done when I don't work out much or have the baby to care for!

T2B/tangerine, great job on the weight loss!!

Amg, enjoy the pup and hope he/she has a smooth transition into your home!

Cola, what you do daily is AMAZING!! Do you get anything else done all day besides working out? You must, as your step counts are very impressive as well!! Great job!

Jane, hope things are going ok for you with your job and you're getting accustomed to the schedule. (((Hugs)))

Waves to all and hope everyone is doing well!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 02:23 PM  
Vantreesta

I lurk occasionally on different check ins and was just looking over your workouts, Cola. I love my Virtual Active DVDs but have always wished for more with snow. I had no idea there were virtual hikes on YouTube! Thanks to your log I have subscribed to 3 new channels and am looking forward to trying them out! I am a total winter girl and love snow. I live in the right place for it but some days like today it's too slick out for our walks and we're under a blizzard warning so this way I could still safely walk "in the snow." Thanks for leading me to them!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:07 PM  
amg

Cher - Thanks! My DH didn't want to be tied down with a pet either. Our son finally wore him down. You have a perfect situation where you can borrow the puppy though. Glad your cousin is getting better.

AMD - Thanks! We adopted a boy dog that is arriving tomorrow. My son is so excited so I hope they bond quickly. Good luck with your hip. It's awesome that you are accomplishing so much around the house. I always feel better after organizing and getting rid of stuff we don't use.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 01-15-21, 11:59 AM  
Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I had no idea there were virtual hikes on YouTube! Thanks to your log I have subscribed to 3 new channels and am looking forward to trying them out!
hi there! im glad that you found some hikes to do on youtube! some are better than others but there are lots to choose from and if i dont click with one then i just try a different one. i like to take virtual walks in warm locations too but i havent been able to walk outside all winter and i actually miss the snow sometimes. i especially like if the video is shot on a sunny day, and i open the window in my workout room to get some fresh cold air too
Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 12:05 PM  
Cola

Quote:
AnMrsDee wrote:
Cola, what you do daily is AMAZING!! Do you get anything else done all day besides working out? You must, as your step counts are very impressive as well!! Great job!
thank you so much, your encouragement is helpful! it looks like a lot but mostly i do indoor 'walking' and stretching, so its not a big deal. im lucky that i have plenty of time each day to exercise if i want to, so ive been trying to get extra steps in the evenings instead of laying on the couch.
Old 01-15-21, 12:29 PM  
Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg View Post
Cola - I enjoyed reading your workouts. I feel like I should follow your structure to fit more in during the day. I have a hard time finding more than one set hour of time to exercise but I have a lot of chances for 15 - 30 mins here and there during the day.
hi! thanks for reading my check-in! i try to get my steps and stretching in each day, and then i have been enjoying doing add-on's to complete a 'variety' rotation that has a bit of everything in it. i find that im able to focus and do better on the shorter workouts. sometimes longer ones seem never-ending and i can lose interest after 30 mins. but after some time i might progress to longer add-on's, that would be good. i will see how it goes!
Old 01-15-21, 01:18 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola View Post
hi there! im glad that you found some hikes to do on youtube! some are better than others but there are lots to choose from and if i dont click with one then i just try a different one. i like to take virtual walks in warm locations too but i havent been able to walk outside all winter and i actually miss the snow sometimes. i especially like if the video is shot on a sunny day, and i open the window in my workout room to get some fresh cold air too
My home gym doesn't have a window so the scenery can be really important for me some days!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts