Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-29-13, 07:29 PM  
isebelleg44

Opinions on Amy's Body Box or Heather's Kickbox Burn

I love Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge and wonder if her latest one is just as fun? I also like the looks of Patrick's/Heather's Kickbox Burn.

Now that both have been out awhile, I am just looking for feedback on these two workouts. TIA!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 07:53 PM  
Jags

I love love love Amy Bento's newest, Body Box. Four combos, with compound move and/or blast interval in between combos, and great music. It is mostly boxing with defensive moves. There are kicks, but nothing is difficult or complicated to do or learn.

Amy is at her finest, I think.

Huge thumbs up from me.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 08:08 PM  
Fitstick

I have both of these workouts and thought that Heather's was more intense and a bit more fun - probably because there were no tricky moves with the choreography where you are turning or doing multiple moves in one block. Amy's has more turns and moves that can take away from the intensity or that require more learning. I am sure that I will improve after I try Amy's a few more times, but I guess what I am trying to say is that some of the combinations were not as intuitive to me. In any case, I think that they are both good workouts - it is a matter of personal preference. But if you are looking for more straight forward choreography that is more intense, I would go for Heather's.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 12:21 AM  
acey

I agree with Fitstick. I totally love Kickbox Burn. I like Body Box but a lot of the moves just seemed a little fussy or frantic or overly fancy. More for the sake of complexity but not really adding intensity. Not a terrible workout but definitely not one of my favorite Amy workouts.

However, IMO the music on both workouts is amazing! I might have liked Body Box less if not for the intense music.
Old 10-30-13, 08:22 AM  
Conni

How much of Kickbox Burn is high impact?
Old 10-30-13, 08:40 AM  
beth22

I just watched the clip of Kickbox Burn and that looks FANTASTIC!!!

VF strikes again! D*mn you guys!!!

ETA: Amy's kickboxing (although I love it) takes up too much room for me. Does Kickbox Burn use a lot of space?
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 08:46 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth22 View Post
I just watched the clip of Kickbox Burn and that looks FANTASTIC!!!

VF strikes again! D*mn you guys!!!

ETA: Amy's kickboxing (although I love it) takes up too much room for me. Does Kickbox Burn use a lot of space?
It looks fantastic and it is fantastic. Kickbox Burn is my top purchase of the year. As for space, it doesn't really take up that much room. You need enough room to move forward, backward, and side-to-side for 2-3 steps. That's about it. I just watched the Collage clip of Body Box and I don't think Kickbox Burn takes up that much space at all.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 09:02 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I love Amy but I REALLY love Kickbox Burn! There are 4 sections so you can do one or more of them at a time to shorten it up if you don't have time for the full hour. It's tough! Heather is a great "new" instructor, and kudos to Patrick for introducing her to "the world"! Apparently she will be coming out with a DVD of her own "soon" so I will definitely look for it.

I like Body Box, but I agree that some of the moves are either a bit tricky or hard to grasp, at least for me. In particular I am having trouble with that move in between the sections where she goes to the floor, turns around and goes the other way. Yes, that's an exceptionally bad description--sorry--but I haven't really figured out how to do it right and/or as fast as they do in the workout so it's hard to describe! I will give it another chance or two since it could be that I'm just somehow missing something obvious in the move that will make it simpler for me choreographically. It doesn't take up as much room as some of Amy's earlier kickbox DVDs.

Conni, there are parts that are high impact, but easily modified IMHO. I did so in the last section that had burpees since I didn't have a lot of burpee energy left by that time.

Last edited by cataddict; 10-30-13 at 09:04 AM. Reason: adding one more thing...
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 09:03 AM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
It looks fantastic and it is fantastic. Kickbox Burn is my top purchase of the year. As for space, it doesn't really take up that much room. You need enough room to move forward, backward, and side-to-side for 2-3 steps. That's about it. I just watched the Collage clip of Body Box and I don't think Kickbox Burn takes up that much space at all.
Thank you! Just ordered it!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 09:17 AM  
wlorrie

I just ordered it as well. Thanks for pushing me over the edge!
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote