Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-07-20, 01:14 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Today I did Natalie Spadaccino's Joyful Movement Cadio. This is one of those workouts that becomes more challenging when the movements are mastered and I was flailing somewhat. In the end I wasn't feeling like I accomplished much. Proof that nailing movement patterns and balance challenges should be high on my list of priorities. Natalie is a great instructor and I can see why her dvds were so popular when she released them. I kept them on my wish list, but waited until Mary had a sale and her supply was dwindling before I pulled the trigger.

Yesterday I did Cathe's Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower. I will be doing this one again. It's an excellent metabolic workout.

Earlier in the week I tackled the mobility segment of Tracie Long's Signature Series Vol. 2. Again, movements that will be more effective with practice.
Old 03-09-20, 03:57 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi-

This is a oldie I’ve had in my collection. Amy Bento (before the Ross) In the Ring. I now know why I don’t gravitate too much to her workouts. The pace of instruction reminds me of my fumbling during step workouts. She’s a little speedy for my taste. I do like the medicine ball intervals, though.

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 07:15 AM  
fanofladyvols

Lori I have enjoyed step workouts so much more when I have just tried to learn one combo at a time. That's what I need to figure out and write down what Linda mods will be needed, lol.

I have completed both Tracie Long Signature Series workouts. If you like her GT #3 then you will love her Sig Series #2. Both #1 and #2 have a tempo that is fluid with #2 being slightly more advanced than SS#1, IMHO. Both workouts are the kind of workouts that (as Noel mentioned) become more effective the more you do them. Yet, I got a great workout from both first time out. I felt fully worked out but felt so great afterwards that I attribute to the sequence of moves and the mobility. I LOVED both mobility sections. The weighted one in #2 is probably my slightly more preferred ..but I love both for different reasons. Both workouts incorporate the perfect ratio of cardio and strength. So much of the strength incorporates balance and compound moves without feeling gimmicky. I have a knee that I baby but am working on strengthening so I use my BOSU mini balance pods and my mats for knee to floor moves. If you have bad knees, I would see just doing some of those moves standing. The ab section in #2 mostly weighted and often compound and not excessive. You can increase/decrease the difficulty by adjusting your weights. Love it and, I have to say, I force myself to work abs. I personally have so few low dread ab workouts that I'm glad this one made the short stack.

My only gripe is there isn't enough of a cooldown/stretch after #2. To fit my timeframe, I may shorten the mobility to be able to add a longer cooldown/stretch from another workout.

I know some had mentioned a dark or unappealing set but the pace isn't really one that has you spending time looking at it (like you would with a Jessica or Ellen workout) so I never found it to be an issue at all. She is clearly lit.

I'm leaning towards doing the mobility sections several times a week before my other workouts and doing one of these workouts in their entirety several times a month. I'm a variety junkie but that's how good they make me feel.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 07:35 AM  
wendug

Yesterday I did a new to me workout that I ordered from Decluttr- Tanja Djelevic's Cardio Balanceball. I have a couple of her workouts that I enjoy, but this DVD was disappointing. It alternates strength and cardio using the stability ball. She does the same cardio routine 3 times between the 3 strength sections. I wish she had done different cardio because I was bored with the same cardio being repeated. Also, she does the strength section without weights (which she does in another video, too)!?! I grabbed my dumbbells for the strength portions, but it seems odd they wouldn't have at least one of the exercisers using weights instead of all of them doing the beginner version. On the plus side...the scenery is gorgeous. I'll keep it for now for a light workout day.
Old 03-25-20, 11:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Yesterday I did a new to me workout that I ordered from Decluttr-.....

On the plus side...the scenery is gorgeous. I'll keep it for now for a light workout day.
wendug Did you order directly from Decluttr? I have only picked up one from them but it was actually an eBay listing. Curious how they were to deal with directly.

Also, I will forgive a lot for gorgeous outdoor scenery.

I haven't regretted keeping lighter workouts for when I'm trying to come back after a layoff or injury. You want those as easy to pull out as possible, IMHO.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 01:41 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
wendug Did you order directly from Decluttr? I have only picked up one from them but it was actually an eBay listing. Curious how they were to deal with directly.

Also, I will forgive a lot for gorgeous outdoor scenery.

I haven't regretted keeping lighter workouts for when I'm trying to come back after a layoff or injury. You want those as easy to pull out as possible, IMHO.
I order directly through the decluttr store. They have free shipping so you just pay taxes on the price you see. It can be a pain to search their site, though. When looking for workouts by the Firm, only a few pop up because some workouts aren't input as "the firm" but the title of the workout. So searching by instructor isn't always accurate.

And yes, I can forgive a workout for gorgeous scenery, too! I plan on keeping this because it is nice to have a workout for an easier day!
Old 03-25-20, 02:12 PM  
Gams

Today I got Bellyfit Elements in the mail and did the Earth workout. It’s different than what I usually do, but I like it and got it for a great price from Mary in her sale.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 03:30 PM  
laurajhawk

I ordered Burn Sets when I preordered Cathe's upcoming set, but just this week tore it open. I like it! I did the Chest & Back premix on Monday, Bi's and Tri's today. I plan shoulders & core Friday (haven't checked whether there's a premix; if not I'll just pick from the menu). I really enjoy straightforward heavy lifting and that's exactly what Burn Sets is.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 04:42 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I think that now is as good a time as any to try out my untouched oldies, so today was Amy Bento's Rumble. This one is more at my pace, but it is kind of boring with the TIFTTing.

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 08:39 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have not done any of my old untouched workouts in quite some time. However I got Mark Lauren's You are Your Own Gym as a gift from another VF member (thank you Kate!) and I did all three ~20 minute novice workouts yesterday. I liked them. The first two were on the easy side for me. The third was the circuit workout and wasn't that hard but my back hurt doing the fast swimmers so I skipped the last two sets of those. My legs are a bit sore today.

I think I am going to try the intermediate workouts tomorrow.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins